Cornwall Football Forum

MANAGER OF THE SEASON

Guest local_football_supporter

Guest local_football_supporter

my top 3 are: prem: 1.Darren Gilbert (bodmin) 2. Dave Leonard  (parkway) 3. Phil Bayliss & Jamie Carwardine (buckland)

west div 1: 1. Jim Hilton ( newquay ) 2. Trevor Mewton ( penzance) 3. Micky Hunt ( callington )

Guest Peppermint

I would not argue with that selection - Jim Hilton has been absolutely fantastic for the Peppermints. I would add a big commendation for his unsung Assistant Manager Lee Hawkey as well. Obviously Trevor Mewton is a top manager and has proved it over a number of years and Mickey Hunt has transformed Callington Town into a good footballing side.

Agree with Hilton.

Mewton?

He doesnt know what its like to have a team with no money like some others though does he?

He's prob best in the business when he can pay a few quid and attract the names though, i'll give you that.

My nan could be challenging for Div 1 West honours with Penzance's money and squad. :P

Guest WINNO

JIM HILTON DESERVES IT, TIRELESS WORKER AND DEVOTION THAT ANY CHAIRMAN WOULD DREAM FOR.... AND A MUCH SMALLER BUDGET THAN SOME CLUBS.....

BE NICE TO KNOW WHAT SOME OF THESE CLUBS ACTUALLY HAVE AS A BUDGET.....

Guest devon

1. Jim Hilton - Reason - turned Newquay into a very good team that could win the league with a small budget

2. Micky Hunt - Reason - turned Callington from a very poor team who came 3rd from bottom last season into a top 6 team on a small budget

3. Mr Newton - Reason - turned Penzance into a good team with a big budget.

Ha... Sorry Trevor- called you Newton! not Mewton

Dronner, it is not all about the money and how it influences football in Cornwall. Having played in football leagues in Wiltshire and Dorset, also knowing the structure of others you will find that it is not just Cornwall but everywhere else in the country.

Jim has aimed to get local players who are from Newquay or living in Newquay and aimed to build the squad from these players. The results have been clear for everyone to see.

I admit we had a bit of luck with people of Paul Hampshire's and Paul Robertsons quality moving to Newquay, apart from that their is only CJ and Scott Palmer (has played for Newquay in all of his senior seasons) who are from outside Newquay.

my top three would be

1. Jim Hilton

2. Micky Hunt

3. Derek Martyn has taken godolphin from east cornwall to good place in western league and have also beaten penzance and porthleven on their own pitch.

If my surname was Hunt i wouldn't call my son Mike!! :D :D

Guest retiredscorer

agree with leggend 15, penryn have a great blend of quality youngster and experience - well done penryn management and on a small pursestring too!!

Guest slimjim

I dont think you realise what a good manager you have until hes gone!

Just look at Torpoint since Ian Stephens left their results have been disappointing to say the least and by all accounts fast becoming a pub team outfit. :angry2:

Guest WINNO

I agree,Stuart Massey is a top coach,and obviously very passionate about football.

Falmouth Town's loss was certainly Penryn's gain.

DONT SPEAK TO SOON. I KNOW ALAN IS RECRUITING......