Cornwall Football Forum

mining league results

Mining 3..

West Cornwall 9 - Newlyn NA 1

League Champs as far as i am aware.. Good game.. Newlyn came back into it in the 1st half scoring at 2-0 and played good football throughout.. Best of luck to them next year..

WC Scorers

Ash Kemp - 2

Matt Reynolds

OG

Graham Stirr

Owain Barrett - 3

Ian Chatfield

:drink:

Mining 2

Camborne School of Mines 10 v 1 Crown Inn

CSM 6-0 up at half time and failed to make chances pay in the second half and a lack concentration allowing Crown Inn to get on the scoresheet. Second half turned in to a joke in the end with some away players not taking the game seriously but in the end a good result for CSM as they catch up fixtures on the rest of league. Well refereed aswell.

Great credit to the Gulval lads today, with no appearence from the referree the away side agreed on using me as a ref for the first half and an official from Gulval to do the second.

Both teams were a credit to their clubs as they made life easy for the officals concerned, even though we ran out worthy winners some of the attitudes from Gulval players were fantatsic.

So easy for the game to be called off in these circumstances but with good reasoning from both sets of managers a good game of football was achieved.

Thankyou from all at Troon FC :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mining Div 2

Madron 4 - 5 Holmans (ht 4-1)

Holmans come out blazing for the 2nd half against a physical Madron side who were 4-1 up at half time.

Holmans Goalscorers

Jack Stocker

Neil Anthoney

Lee Byrne

Scott Robinson

Kieren Rowe

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd Res. 1 .v. Ludgvan Res. 8

Apart from perhaps a 5 minute spell early in the second half when we scored, we were never in this game. Superb movement off the ball and supporting the front line in numbers was the difference and we just couldn't live with it. A real footballing lesson unfortunately and, yes, to all Trevenson players reading this I scored an own goal. Trevenson goal scorer Shaun Wilkins.

Mining 1:-

St Ives Town RES 4 - 4 Threemilestone :wacko:

Yeah great game, really entertaining, Tms played really well early on but found themselves 1 nil down after a mix up at the back, we bounced back and got an equaliser through James Bright. But once again we conceded a soft goal to go in 2-1 down at half time. 2nd half we came out flying a put them under pressure and finally it told as Elliott Jolly ran onto a great through ball and held off their defender to equalise with a good finish, game on! Tms took control and took the lead when Dan taylor ran onto a great ball to finish really well with a great finish, we should really have seen the game out but we left their player unmarked at the back post for a simple header to equalise again.

But once again Tms continued to push and Dan Taylor ran onto a peach of a ball by Tim Grose to lift it over the keeper with another clinical finish and seal the points( or so we thought!), but once again fair play to st ives they kept going and got an equaliser with 3 mins to go when a ball came in and the keeper did well to keep the initial effort out but was powerless to stop the follow up and that was it! 4 All was probably a fair result in the end and the players did work hard in quite humid weather, so well played boys and fair play to st ives who never gave up! ;):o:thumbsup:

TMS GOALSCORERS- Dan Taylor 2, Elliott Jolly 1, James Bright 1

Marazion Res. 0 Cornish Newboys 4 (h/t 0-0)

The scoreline does'nt reflect the actual difference between the two sides, with if anything Marazion the better team in the first half!

Newboys stepped up a gear in the 2nd and could even afford to bring on joint manager Neil Clemo, who then went onto score the fourth goal :wacko:

We played the match without the appointed referee who failed to show??

Despite a great start to the season I think its a fourth place finish for Cornish, so congrats to Champions West Cornwall and to Storm Res. and Ludgvan, who I should imagine will join them in Division 2 next season :clapper:

Guest Norry

MINING LEAGUE 2

PORTREATH 2 V SENNEN 2

STEVE JONES...JAMIE SIMONS...

SENNEN RACE INTO A 2-0 LEAD ONLY TO THROW IT AWAY,,,ALBEIT WITH YET ANOTHER INEPT EBBING AWAY SEASON PERFORMANCE.....HARD WORK THROWN AWAY,BUT CREDIT TO PORTREATH FOR NOT GIVING IN.....COULD OF ENDED WITH A LATE WIN FOR EITHER SIDE....GREAT FREEKICK FROM STEVE JONES,THEN AN INDIVIDUALLY GOOD GOAL FROM YOUNG JAMIE SIMONS....TO LEAD 2-0....THEN IT WAS SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT TIME??..PORTREATH GIFTED GOAL AS DEFENCE LAPSE ALLOWS PORTREATH TO PULL ONE BACK...BUT WELL TAKEN....PORTREATH PUSH FORWARD AND GET DESERVED DRAW WHEN SENNEN FAIL AT THE BACK...2-2...WELL DONE PORTREATH ALL THE BEST FOR THE REMAINDER....1 GAME LEFT...HOME TO C.S.O.M.THEN IT'S TIME FOR A REST :):) :)

Mining 3..

West Cornwall 9 - Newlyn NA 1

League Champs as far as i am aware.. Good game.. Newlyn came back into it in the 1st half scoring at 2-0 and played good football throughout.. Best of luck to them next year..

WC Scorers

Ash Kemp - 2

Matt Reynolds

OG

Graham Stirr

Owain Barrett - 3

Ian Chatfield

:drink:

Congratulations again from everyone at Newlyn NA to West Cornwall for winning Mining 3. You were the best team in the division by some distance and won it playing good football too - only sorry we couldn't give you more of a game yesterday.

Guest Markdavis

Trevenson 1 - 8 Ludgvan

We played some good football today to create lots of chances and finish a few of them off, the only dissapointing thing was popping accross the road to find west cornwall 6-1 up at the start of the second half lol

Congratulations to West cornwall for winning the league, we are looking forward to meeting you again next sunday for the cup final hopefully you'll all be still hungover!!!

Guest Gaff

Marazion Res. 0 Cornish Newboys 4 (h/t 0-0)

The scoreline does'nt reflect the actual difference between the two sides, with if anything Marazion the better team in the first half!

Newboys stepped up a gear in the 2nd and could even afford to bring on joint manager Neil Clemo, who then went onto score the fourth goal :wacko:

We played the match without the appointed referee who failed to show??

Despite a great start to the season I think its a fourth place finish for Cornish, so congrats to Champions West Cornwall and to Storm Res. and Ludgvan, who I should imagine will join them in Division 2 next season :clapper:

Can't believe ur suprise chris, been telling the strikers all year if I ever came on I would show them how to score. I was just suprised how long it took me.....gotta have been 3 mins. On a serious note, hell i'm unfit. Was only on the pitch for 5mins, and came off after the match probably the most exhaused. Congratulations to all who have won their leagues or been promoted, it's been a long season.

Lets not forget the refs as well, as much as we all moan about them, without them turning up every week the local game wouldn't be possible so big thanks from the cornish new boys.