Cornwall Football Forum

f/h results 2/5/09

Guest mikey catterall

well done rappo and trispen lads, hope you win the league but not the cups lol.

heard it was falmouth ath 1-6 mullion div 3.

penryn ath 4-3 falmouth town

scorers penryn- will hing 2, taylor, og

scorers falmouth-ross bowden, brett southeard, timmy hurrell.

good local derby, with penryn coming back from 3-2 down to win and had to play the 15 or

so with 10 men as ross hayden got a straight red for swearing, a couple minutes from time

the penryn midfielder slipped a perfect ball to will hing who scored a screamer to win the game.

Falmouth Athletic 1 Mullion 6

Some well played football by Mullion and they deserved to win but i think if the referees performance ( one of the worst i've ever seen ) wasn't so poor i think that we would of been able to play more football and challenge for the points on the day. We were 2 1 down with about seventy minutes gone and a sending off saw us playing for the res of the game playing with 10 men which Mullion took full advantage of and ended up winning 6 1. Better performance from the referee we could've taken the points.

Falmouth Athletic 1 Mullion 6

Some well played football by Mullion and they deserved to win but i think if the referees performance ( one of the worst i've ever seen ) wasn't so poor i think that we would of been able to play more football and challenge for the points on the day. We were 2 1 down with about seventy minutes gone and a sending off saw us playing for the res of the game playing with 10 men which Mullion took full advantage of and ended up winning 6 1. Better performance from the referee we could've taken the points.

I don't think the Ref was really left with much option for the sending off when your player walked up to him called him a "useless pr**k" when already on a yellow. I was more surprised to see a second yellow and not a straight red. Still poor game to play in, very stop/start but played in the right spirit by both teams and some top sausage and chips put on for us in the pub after the game. Thanks Falmouth and good luck for the rest of the season

No doubt about the sending off. I just feel that the referee was giving everything to the mullion guys and wasn't giving us anything. Play was scrappy. Some great goals from the young mullion lads and hope to make it a fixture next season.

Mullion deserved their win on the day and scored a few crackers. A decent footballing team.

Falmouth were still in it at 2-1 until going down to 10 men mid 2nd half.

Im not sure a free kick to the visitors everytime Fal made a tackle helped the result.

But credit to Mullion and man of match was their centre mid.

Guest dave0911

the centre mid your on about is jack rutterford, scored an absolute blinder!

to be fair the ref wasnt to bad in the mullion falmouth game considering the more experienced falmouth guys always left their foot into the challenges trying to out muscle the youthful mullion side. but then as they said after the game thats all the experinced old guys have left against the youngsters. despite that it was a good game and the falmouth lot were a good bunch of lads cheers for those sausages and chips they were ansome!!