Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results Thread

Please post your SWPL results, scorers, reports and attendances here.

A big day for the league with a lot of games having something riding on them.

SWPL Premier:

Dartmouth v Liskeard Athletic

Witheridge v Torpoint Athletic

Saltash United v Launceston - a win for Saltash would keep alive hopes of a top three finish, whereas a win for Lanson would probably see them secure the 10th place, perhaps pushing St Blazey out of the FA Cup positions.

Clyst Rovers v Tavistock

Falmouth Town v Buckland Athletic - up near 100 Buckland fans will be travelling to Bickland as they look to secure second.

Elburton Villa v Wadebridge Town - Elburton only need two more points from their last three games to avoid the drop and send NA Spurs down to SWPL East

St.Blazey v Cullompton Rangers - Blazey must win and hope Saltash do us a favour if we are to keep hopes of a top ten finish and FA Cup place alive.

SWPL West:

Camelford v Foxhole Stars

Porthleven v Dobwalls

Godolphin Atlantic v Millbrook - you have to feel that Millbrook need something here if they are to avoid finishing bottom.

St Austell v Penryn Athletic - could St Austell yet spoil the party?

Mousehole v Callington Town

Falmouth Town 3 Buckland 3

Great game at Bickland today with Town carrying on their top notch form against an impressive Bucks side. Quality entertainment. Fair play to the Bucks supporters, bringing down 75 on a football special train....nice loud atmos!

Up the Town! Up the Black n Ambers!!

:clapper::drink::smiley20: :yahoo:

poor result for you dan, what happened? conceding three goals isnt to good either, did blackler have a good game, and what is your opinion of him? also how did dave trott perform?

Might reply to this when I'm in a better mood - we must be the most 'Jekyll and Hyde" team in the league!

SWPL West:

Camelford 2-1 Foxhole Stars

Godolphin Atlantic 1-2 Millbrook

Mousehole 3-6 Callington Town

Porthleven 1-4 Dobwalls

St Austell 3-1 Penryn Athletic

Wheels come off at Port?

poor result for you dan, what happened? conceding three goals isnt to good either, did blackler have a good game, and what is your opinion of him? also how did dave trott perform?

how desperate are you to find a club that needs a keeper next season?!

every post i see your touting for a club, i hear argyle need another keeper next season.

Millbrook did well today capitalising on a couple of defensive errors to race into a 2-0 lead (will upload them later). A lot more pressure from G in the second half and they got one back with an absolute screamer (which unfortunately I didnt get :( ). They then piled on the pressure with Millbrook looking to hit more on the break. In the dying minutes there was a glorious chance for G after the Millbrook keeper pushed a shot onto the bar, the ball came down and with the goal at his mercy the lad put it across the face of goal.

Overall I suspect that the Millbrook manager is delighted with his team and the result today whereas G will feel this was points dropped.

Guest mario

looking for a club to represent next season. not going to lie. i'm interested in getting back in goal for a SWP/Div 1 club. had fun in midfield, done a job, but feel i am able to perform better in between the sticks!

So why are you looking to leave vospers mr unorthodox, would it not be a case of competing for your place in goal there??

Also does that mean all the funding is being pulled from vospers? i have heard it from many sources that 4-5 ivybridge players (couple fringle players and couple regulars) are planning to play for vospers next year!! 1 or 2 i believe are ex-players. Does the manager know about this as it seems more like the players idea to move to a local plymouth club rather than him approaching them!! :glare:

well i could compete for a position their but Pethick is a firm favourite with the comitee there especially as he has put his hand into his pocket for the club. leaving is not my only option, if i felt it was appropiate and in my interest i would stay and compete for the number 1 shirt. though i feel that i may have to move as i have been established as an outfeild player there, and some players may find it difficult to adapt and perhaps even the gaffer may, but thats all if's but's and maybe's.

as for details on vospers i have not heard anything in regards to money. i know the chairman has been speaking to sponsers for next season, so for the idea of money being pulled i dont agree with that idea, i believe the chairman is looking for more money to go with his own to attract talent... perhaps.

and as for the ivy players, i have heard a few are interested but it is ultimetly the gaffer's choice, as it should be.

First goal for Millbrook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZDceHtVTg

2nd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2c7NQbSjc4

I missed the G goal but it was a terrific strike, but this was the best chance right at the end for an equaliser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctD5N70unUk

There are a few more clips from the game on my youtube account, most of the chances falling to G.

:c: Falmouth V Buckland,

This was a dig dong of a match right from the word go, Buckland had to win their last two matches to finish second in the league,

this was a big test of Falmouth's abillity to match a side who on paper were a much better side than Town,

Buckland had four players booked for descent, but the sides were fairly well matched, Buckland had a slight edge, being the more experienced team,

Falmouth took the lead ,but Buckland soon equilised, second half, was a do or die, Town again took the lead, but then seemed, to drop off & this allowed Buckland to show some good football & within a very short time drew leval again & then took the lead, the Buckland suporters were vocal by declaring that Falmouth did not know what they were doing,

I believe that the Town players heard this & it made them even more determind not to loose this match ,

A with fire in their bellies they again drew level,

Which was the final result,

Buckland in the end were dissapointed, not to win,

For Falmouth another great result, now five Games undefeated,

Hammers :thumbsup::c::drink: :c:

Guest local_football_supporter

Also what has happened down millbrook ? howcome they started getting results? what has changed for this to happen.

Guest mario

Also what has happened down millbrook ? howcome they started getting results? what has changed for this to happen.

Hasn't the manager made sum really good signings down there in!! (dominic burns,simon parnell,dan gill) i dont know if these players have been playing but there all very experienced players who have played comfortably in the higher league so this may well be the reason for there turn in form. Dominic burns has too much quality to be playing in cswp div1 and im sure he will move on next season back into the top league! as for gill and parnell i think they have found there level! Credit to the manager tho!

If they are so good how has the millbrook manager perswaded them to a side bottom of div 1?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I give you the legend that is... CALLYMIKE. Since he departed from The Marshfield, Millbrook have gone from strength to strength. It is obvious that Bunney brought Mike in to give the whole club a boost, well done chaps but please go easy on us on Friday !

rubbish judge!!!!!!!

how can a guy who was brought in to do the website change the fortunes of a team,

manager said me as a lucky charm since coming to the club haha since i been at club w2, d1, L1

rubbish judge!!!!!!!

how can a guy who was brought in to do the website change the fortunes of a team,

i run the line for them and do the programme from next season help out with anything else for the club. and most of all i get along with the players and we have a good laugh. your someone who knows nothing about what i do. you though u knew me at callington and you think you know what im doing at millbrook. the godolphin game their manager derek martyn gave me praise young people like me, who are honest and have the passion for football, continue what im doing and dont let anybody tell you different. quality bloke and got time for people like him. your username says local football supporter live up to it.

Guest fromacrossthewater

Sounds like a new WATERBOY to me!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

But well done to millbrook on their win and their good run in for the close of season.