Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay FINAL SCORE

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Just in case you have missed the info on other threads, Newquay will have the clubhouse/bar open from 6.30pm for those essential pre-match nerve settlers. The car parking is very limited due to staff, players and officials all requiring spaces. you are advised to use the Main Trgunnel Hill and Mount Wise Car Parks, both just 2mins from the ground. Do not park in Reeds way estate, you will get a ticket !

Gates open at 7.00pm and teas, coffees, burgers & chips etc will be on sale. 50/50 draw tickets will also be on sale and is bound to be a good prize tonight. Away fans requiring seats are kindly requested to use the right hand side of the main stand as the tradition at Mount Wise is for the home fans to take up the left hand side (clubhouse end).

If the forum users who have voted are to go by, the majority think there will be 4 or more goals tonight, please be early so that you don't miss any of them.

Thanks to all, your support is appreciated.

I'll see what I can do, but am not the club DJ/Announcer so may have to bribe someone. However, there will definately be no QUEEN played over the PA.

Def going to be on Judge?

Do you mean the music or the match. I can't guarantee the music but as far as the game goes, we have only had light drizzle since lunch in Newquay so no reason for the weather to stop things.

Yep meant the game, thanks for that :)

You are a bloomin jinx, it has just started to rain but the local weather station says it should clear by 6-7pm.

Eddie, I regret that Charlie will not be making an appearnce this evening as he don't like the rain. Let's hope Charlie and all the other Newquay supporters have something to cheer this evening, I know that the boys will give absolutely everything tonight to keep their Title hopes alive. Cheers mate, enjoy Colchester. JIM

Noproblems in Newquay with the weather. Right I'm off to the clubhouse.

COME ON YOU REDS !

Just in case you have missed the info on other threads, Newquay will have the clubhouse/bar open from 6.30pm for those essential pre-match nerve settlers. The car parking is very limited due to staff, players and officials all requiring spaces. you are advised to use the Main Trgunnel Hill and Mount Wise Car Parks, both just 2mins from the ground. Do not park in Reeds way estate, you will get a ticket !

Gates open at 7.00pm and teas, coffees, burgers & chips etc will be on sale. 50/50 draw tickets will also be on sale and is bound to be a good prize tonight. Away fans requiring seats are kindly requested to use the right hand side of the main stand as the tradition at Mount Wise is for the home fans to take up the left hand side (clubhouse end).

If the forum users who have voted are to go by, the majority think there will be 4 or more goals tonight, please be early so that you don't miss any of them.

Segregation of fans at a step seven club - you've got to be having a laugh!

A few clips from tonights game taken with my phone that cannot handle sound too well so probably best viewed with the sound turned down/off. There is a Newquay bias but Pz had plenty of chances too including one great save from Matt in the Newquay goal when the scores were 2-2, and unfortunately I didnt get Ludlam's goal which put Pz 2-1 up.

Newquays first goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MN-U_fz2K4

Sweet free kick from Justin Harrington makes it 1-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EWLGvXhCYQ

Then came the goal I missed:

Robbo's effort disallowed for offside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX0IKcXBuP4

Scott Palmers effort goes "in" via the side of the goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqrZ7c9CZBw

Newquay equalize:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdSL9xz5saU

CJ puts Newquay 3-2 ahead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clc3DVhWtDg

Robbo gets the 4th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZLYgPB2dPk

Happy newquay fans at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf7epOXWE_w

what a great game to travel down to.

just got back to plymouth from a great game of local football credit to penzance as well two very good teams.

newquay deserved it second half, but i thought penzance could have gone on to win it.

congrats to Newquay faithful singing and then at the end of the game and the 3rd and 4th goals running onto the pitch, not sure the league would be happy but hey they should love to see people getting so emotional and excited. newquay did celebrate as if they had won the league, but my friend Judge knows that they play our side Millbrook on friday and what a day that will be.

good luck to penzance on saturday will be a weekend of madness until the final whistle.

Sorry mate but you blazey boys just don't have a clue. We gave you the the option of taking the far end of the stand, but last time you lot visited you had more flags than fans. Newquay outnumber Blazey every time and we gave St Austell and PZ the far side as they would bring support to Mount Wise.

451 was the official attendance, 70-80 for PZ, probably the same for those who came for a good match (which they got) and 300 Newquay... sang throughout the game even when 1-2 down and yes there were two pitch invasions when Newquay scored. We will beat Truro and Millbrook so Callington can expect a huge crowd next Saturday.

As was sung tonight, you can stick your champagne bottles up ! (sideways)

Guest local_football_supporter

You may well beat truro and millbrook judge but it wont matter ,i know for a fact that callington town are playing there very young reserve team next week against penzance to give them experience.

You may well beat truro and millbrook judge but it wont matter ,i know for a fact that callington town are playing there very young reserve team next week against penzance to give them experience.

other way round local, i went to the game last night with both millbrook and callington manager and he said that trevor mewton wished to play his youngsters against callington to see what they are like for next season, if penzance would have won the title last night but they didnt so im guessing neither side would. plus callington pay their first team players every week so why would he want to pay youngsters.

JUDGE as such a funny character you are and very confident I have to stick up for Millbrook on this one and say no-one should underestimate millbrook and truro. truro have beaten st austell when they were on a good run and millbrook we beat penryn and we drew against porthleven, and penzance we took the lead again, and lost it in the final 15 of the second half, so anything could happen. im sure mr jim hilton will be out game for a second successive watch, against godolphin, he saw us in midweek against penzance and what very happy when we took the lead lol hope the young cornishmen beat the oxford lads today at penryn

Sorry mate but you blazey boys just don't have a clue. We gave you the the option of taking the far end of the stand, but last time you lot visited you had more flags than fans. Newquay outnumber Blazey every time and we gave St Austell and PZ the far side as they would bring support to Mount Wise.

451 was the official attendance, 70-80 for PZ, probably the same for those who came for a good match (which they got) and 300 Newquay... sang throughout the game even when 1-2 down and yes there were two pitch invasions when Newquay scored. We will beat Truro and Millbrook so Callington can expect a huge crowd next Saturday.

As was sung tonight, you can stick your champagne bottles up ! (sideways)

Ho Ho Ho - same old crap as you totally veered away from my point.

If (and I still think it's doubtful) you come up next year, we will sit or stand wherever we bloody want.

It's a shame you couldn't continue your recent good behaviour Judge!

Let's not forget that (pending any possible disciplinary measures taken by the SWPL & CCFA), Newquay haven't actually secured a top 2 finish yet!

Despite Austell's nightmare week, I'm just happy to be viewing the title race from close up rather than from the bottom of the table like last year!

My boss is a Penzance man, so I'm backing them for the title - don't want to spend the summer on the dole queue!

Guest local_football_supporter

I dont care wht you say callymike , i know callington are gonna hand the title to penzance by playing there reserves!

Possibly one of the most enjoyable games I have seen for a while. Two outstanding goals (Middleton and Harrington), the odd bit of controversy (after all of the yellow cards dished out I was a little shocked to see CJ on the pitch) and a second half to remember.

What a fightback, I'm so proud of the Newquay lads and what they achieved. To lose two excellent players to injury in the first half was tough enough, but what about Matt Armstrong-Ford? I can't recall seeing a 'keeper that is willing to put his body on the line in such a way, he always looks favourite in a one-on-one situation... I think he may have given Newquay the impetus they needed to go on and win the game. What a cracking bunch of lads Newquay have. Great to see.

Not a bad turnout for a Friday evening either! Mount Wise looks so much better with a decent crowd... It'd be great to see more and more of that at Newquay in seasons to come.

Guest Peppermint

Local_football_supporter I think Callington Football Club have more respect for the Peninsula League than that - I cannot envisage a club with a well respected manager and chairman allowing that to happen. Perhaps it was wishful thinking on your part or are you just trying to have a pop at The Judge!!!!!!!!! Perhaps you are a disappointed Penzance supporter from last night.

Thank you Lee for the pictures it was very nice to relive the magic moments.

Finally well done to Jim and his wonderful squad - whatever happens at Callington,Truro or Millbrook it has been a special season and everyone one of us has enjoyed the ride.

What a night and what a game,great goals to start off the scoring from both side's. Thought both teams where very even the only difference was that Newquay took there chances when they came. Man of the match for me was Matt Armstrong-ford, made some great stops when needed to keep Newquay in the game, this makes the run in even more interesting.Hope to see the the two players back for the last two games . These two clubs put on a fantastic advert for cornish football well done to both clubs.

I would hardly say that Newquay fans were singing throughout the game!!!

The odd chant of RED ARMY, and Peppermints, Peppermints! would have been much better if you had started singing "we're gonna win the league" after the third!

But a good evenings entertainment. Newquay certainly have a team there that are in it together and can play football as well.

funniest part of the night, was when the young Newquay right back, had a little squeeze on Jonny Ludlam's sack!!! funny as!!

I would hardly say that Newquay fans were singing throughout the game!!!

The odd chant of RED ARMY, and Peppermints, Peppermints! would have been much better if you had started singing "we're gonna win the league" after the third!

But a good evenings entertainment. Newquay certainly have a team there that are in it together and can play football as well.

funniest part of the night, was when the young Newquay right back, had a little squeeze on Jonny Ludlam's sack!!! funny as!!

OK, maybe we didn't sing for the whole game but we certainly did our bit, proud of the players and supporters who made it a fantastic night to be a Peppermint. As for 'we're gonna win the league', even we wouldn't sing that as PZ are still in the driving seat.

Didn't see the Jones/Gazza incident but I'm sure we will hear all about it on Tues.

Well done to Jimmy and the boys.

I didnt get to the game but the clips on You tube are worth a watch !

John Hodge's return to the club 2 years ago has had such a big impact, I wish I was ten years younger !!!

Newquay are going places; both squads are packed full of local lads now and I see nothing but success coming the peppermints way now for years to come.

I am delighted for Jimmy; a great guy and a great manager : :D

Guest WINNO

Was there last night and was totallly chuffed for Jim and the guys. Sometimes football isnt about names and budgets it's about a very good manager and his staff getting the utmost from his team. Jim has done this all season and it showed last night. Penzance are a quality side and Im not knocking that for one minute with some classy players in there. But Newquay are a side that are all together form the the first minute to the last minute. Not one superstar a complete squad and its a credit to them all and to Jim Hilton. IMAGINE WHAT HE COULD DO WITH A MASSIVE BUDGET.......

Well done fellas and well done Jim m8....

did see the moment that chris had a little squeeze on Jonny Ludlam's sack!!! His face was a picture as he was trying to tell the ref what had just happened, along with in innocent expression chris was giving Ludlams was great." what i didn't do anything" great stuff.