Cornwall Football Forum

How much does it cost to buy success?

As a potential future investor,

could the two clubs fighting it out for the title tonight give me a ball park figure on how much it will have cost your club to buy the league title?

Cheers :drink:

Tell me how much you have to invest and I'll tell you if it's worth progressing your interest.... :rolleyes:

To say Newquay if they win the league have bought the title is a very naive and stupid statement. I cant speak for Penzance cause like most people I do not have a clue and I am not prepared to start rumours about something I do not know.

I think that if you are an interested investor for ANY club you should go about it the right way. Approach the committee of a club and see if you can gather the information that you crave. I think you might be shocked if you think Newquay Football Club have bought the title if they win it. Some players and clubs can be successful without money.

People do actually enjoy to play the game still, some are fortunate enough to have financial incentives, others not so lucky. Like any walk of life there are exceptions to this, but to tar all players and clubs with the same brush is like i have already said, very naive!

Come along to Mount Wise tonight 7.30ko and see if you can find players out there that do not want to win and are interested in a title that was bought.

how much it will have cost your club to buy the league title?

Dudas .... I can't see the initial is post is actually saying Newquay did. Rather he is asking and to this you have provided the answer by stating

Some players and clubs can be successful without money.
and so can we safely assume from your comment that the Newquay players receive no financial remuneration?

Good on them :)

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

As a potential future investor,

could the two clubs fighting it out for the title tonight give me a ball park figure on how much it will have cost your club to buy the league title?

Cheers :drink:

IF Newquay win the title, it will be exactly that, they have WON it, not bought it.

Rumours are also rife, that tonights Euro Millions lotto winner will also want to 'invest' in Newquay, all I have to do is remember where I put the ticket and hope that the 7 numbers drawn match those I have selected.

Obviously, if you are serious, do pop along tonight, where the winning manager will gladly help you empty your wallet... drinks all round then boys !

Sorry Dave I have read the post differently as it asks can either club give me a ball park figure? Misunderstanding on my part. Its frustrating when anyone going for the league has to have shelled out loads of money to buy a title you cannot just earn one through playing well.

At Newquay we do receive money. However, it does not mean we will have bought the league title if we are fortunate to win it.

I'm pretty sure any money that the Newquay players receive is not a huge amount and probably just about covers their expenses and a couple of pints after the match. Unlikely anyone is there just because of money. However, what I do think is great is that every player is local to Newquay, no high flyers from around the county, just a briliant bunch of lads that are there for the right reasons. To me that makes them a success wherever they finish in the league. Good Luck tonight!

Guest Peppermint

What a great posting Soccerfan - it sums up Newquay's superb group of players and as Dudas states they are certainly not at Newquay to make themselves rich.

I and I am sure the followers of the Peppermints will be proud of their achievements this season whatever the outcome of this evening's game against Penzance.I must admit Dave - I too read the posting of A. Bystander as Dudas read it the first time as if Newquay or Penzance had literally bought the title.I am sure if Mr Bystander or anyone else is thinking of becoming an investor of any club then any club would welcome them.