Cornwall Football Forum

Congratulation,s to Torpoint

Many Congratulations to the players supporters management & committee of Torpoint on winning back to back titles.

A very tough game tonight was won 3-1 to enable the torpoint lads to be crowned champions elect with three games in hand.

This post is not only about Torpoint though, having watched all of their games this season, a big shout must go out to the teams that pushed them hard - Saltash, Launceston,St Stephen, Tavistock, Bere Alston, Sticker to name a few (and many more teams unnamed)

Two things that will really stick with me this season, has been the standard of football played from the so called teams you expect to beat, to the teams at the top, plus the sportmanship that I have had the pleasure to witness at matches from the fans to the players and management of respective club,s in the ECPL & the banter seen on this forum is second to none!!.

I consider it a privelage to be part of, & long may it continue!!!

Come on the Torpoint!!

("Youre not singing anymore" Tavilad???)

:drink::yahoo::clapper::smiley20::drink::drink: :drink:

I would just like to say its been great watching Torpoint this season and to win the Championship for the second year in a row is the iceing on the cake, :yahoo::yahoo: I fully agree with everything the "Ghost On The Post" has said. I hope we get the results next season as well and we don't have many goodbyes to say!!!!.

We have ALL had fun and expresssed our views on this forum and long may it last.

I feel really sorry for Tavilad he should of supported a better team.

We shall not we shall not be moved , we shall not we shall not be moved , singing we shall not be we shall not be we shall not be moved!!!!!!

championees championess o lay o lay o lay championees championess o lay o lay o lay

7's wins the league du du 7's wins the league du du and now your guna believe us and now ure guna believe us and now ure guna believe us 7's win the league

Theres only one andyyy bbb theres only one andy bbbb

Guest TAVILAD

Well from what i hear , Torpoint were very lucky last nite and didn't deserve the 3 points!!!

Anyone watch the game?

But i guess you can't take it away from them?? So congratulations is in hand i suppose?

I'm staying down st.austell this weekend , so might take myself down to the match against sticker and see what all the fuss is about AndyB!!

See you there and get the beers chilling !! ghost on the post if your down there?? :drink::drink::drink::drink:

P.s i forgot to ask what Torpoint will be playing saturday and has anyone got there line up from last night??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1.DICKON 2.CHAPMAN 3.DUTHIE 4.SHEPHERD 5.POWNEY 6.WILLS(CAPT) 7.AVIS-RIODAN 8.CARDEW 9.CURTIS.10.KERSHAW.11.HICKS SUBS 12.JAGO 14.SOUTHERAN 15.THORNTON 16.PAYNE 17.HESKEY :drink: AND THE SAME SQAUD AT THE WEEKEND TAVILAD...WELL DONE LADS,U NEVER NO THE OLD FELLA MIGHT JUST HAVE ONE MORE SEASON LEFT IN HIM :D:D:D:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest ECPL Supporter

Too right he's got 1 more left in him- at least!!! Absolute different class boys, well done to everyone. What a feeling it is to be Champions- Again! The 1st time in the clubs history to win back to back titles makes it a little more special. Now let the celebrations begin!!!!

P.S Very unselfish of Hicksy last night squaring the ball when he could have scored,

Congratulations to Ricky, Paul and all the lads at Torpoint, seven wins on the spin against everyone else in the top six (St Stephens twice) to clinch the title speaks for itself.

Hopefully, with the additions we have made since January and with a better start, we'll be up there running you close next season.

Cheers

:clapper::smiley20: :clapper:

Guest `The kid Frankie`

Yes your right ecpl supporter Hicksy could have scored last night but how unselfish was he?He really played for the team last night at one point he was putting in a last ditch tackle in his own penalty box then 20 seconds later he was whipping a cross in at other end,he must cream crackered today!!! Championees championess oh lay oh lay oh lay :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Phil Dingle

I can only agree with what has already been said about Torpoint, they play the game the right way, passing the ball on the grass with excellent movement. Well done best footballing team in the league and worthy Champions. I will put a few beers in your dressing room that you can drink before the game on saturday and a couple of bottles of Vodka for half time. :drink:

Guest ECPL Supporter

Ha ha, don't do that because we will drink it! Well Kersh will anyway, especially if you throw a few cans of Red Bull in as well!!!

Well from what i hear , Torpoint were very lucky last nite and didn't deserve the 3 points!!!

Anyone watch the game?

Tavilad you talk a load of CRAP.

I would say it was the best game of football I have seen all season with two teams playing their guts out.

Torpoint deserved to win but only just.

Lauceston gave us a much harder game last night than any of the other teams in the league have done ALL season.

Yes you come and see us at Sticker on Saturday, You will be invited into the dressing room for a drink after the match, but you may have a little trouble getting out.

Guest Paulo Porkchop

Spot on andy B Tavilad would not get out of there alive,he wont show anyway cause he has no balls..! Plus he`s got a game on saturday :D Unless `gats` has found out who the mole is and kicked him out of langsford park!!!

Guest gats

Spot on andy B Tavilad would not get out of there alive,he wont show anyway cause he has no balls..! Plus he`s got a game on saturday :D Unless `gats` has found out who the mole is and kicked him out of langsford pack!!!

I think i am a little closer now Paulo to finding out :D

Tavilad is that thick he has left me a clue in his post :yahoo:

Well done to you all at Torpoint in winning another title you have set the standard for us all to follow and what an excellant standard too!!!!

congratulations from all at Tavistock :drink:

ps i will find out who spannerlad lad is :P

ecpl supporter i would watch what your sayin about the drinking culture in the torpoint side apparently its a sore subject with the two time championship winning right back dan champan turning up to training drunk yesterday

You mean he had a pint and a half of larger before it got dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink: :rolleyes:

ecpl supporter i would watch what your sayin about the drinking culture in the torpoint side apparently its a sore subject with the two time championship winning right back dan champan turning up to training drunk yesterday

You mean he had a pint and a half of larger before it got dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink::rolleyes:

Never Hurt Tony Adams ! ! ! :thumbsup:

Anyone watch the game?

But i guess you can't take it away from them?? So congratulations is in hand i suppose?

Of course you can't take it away from them, the league table doesn't lie. What do you mean you suppose? <_< Why would congratulations not be in hand? How must you feel tavilad after all your preictions, all being wrong! I think it will be a good game saturday with alot of pressure off both sides. Would love to see you introduce yourself to the Lads on saturday! doubt u will though

Guest cescfab_4

Just like to say congratulations to Torpoint Athletic Football Club. To repeat a league win is just fantastic. What pleases me more is the amount of players that have come through the ranks such as Darren Hicks and Dan Chapman. A further fact that there is still the chance that current Under 18 footballers such as Liam Thornton and Tom Payne get the chance to prove their worth at a senior level. Well done guys!!