Cornwall Football Forum

FH div 1 results

Guest Stephen01

Boggy conditions????

An absolute disgrace that the referee even allowed it to be played. Puddles on the pitch, one lake down the touch line outside the dugouts, but he said it was passable!! the ball didn't roll in patches!!

ah well, thats the pitch screwed for the rest of the season anyway.

Helston 2nds 4-1 Falmouth Albion.

We have also been told that our chairman Barry has spoken to mr sobey and we have got the points for the falmouth athletic game from earlier in the season, we didnt break any rules so I dont know whats going on there but we can only go by what we have been told from our chairman.

To be fair Darren I walked the pitch with the St Agnes manager and thought it looked pretty playable mate up the middle and said that we were happy to play it. On reflection the surface water particulary on the far side didnt drain as quickly as our pitch did in a game last week in very similar conditions but i think the pitch will recover from it for your games next week

Thought considering the conditions both teams played some good passing football and it was a fully commited full blooded affair although the ref must have only played 35min 2nd half.

On another note I hope Falmouth Albion dont get relegated as Shifty has done a fantastic job with the league table all season - good work fella :thumbsup::clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest hellboy

All this talk games should of been called off, what a moaning girl. I can remember playing down at malpas park most weeks with the pitch water logged.

As long as the pitch has a hard surface then the game should go ahead remember st darren it is an out door sport and coming to the end of season. The pitch will heal.

hellboy, you didn't see the pitch

99% of referee's would have driven in, looked at a huge puddle down the line and the surface water on one half of the pitch and cancelled it. Without fail.

Pitty, you're right, it wasn't bad game to watch for the hour I did watch, but you never had a clue what the ball was going to do, and if the ball doesn't roll, then you don't have a game! thats my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the comments about the table, and thanks to everyone for the prompt results they give to allow me to keep it updated.

Hopefully we stay up otherwise I'll have to fight it out with Rich Chown over doing the FHFL 2 table :D.

Greyhound - good performance from your team last night, not so good from us :( . When are you playing Chacewater and Falmouth Athletic if you dont mind me asking.

The last place to go down is between Helston, Albion and Mousehole. Helston need to win both games they have left. At least the interest is going to the end of the season, not like that boring title challenge :D

shifty we have got Chacewater away on the 9th but the fal ath game hasnt been arranged yet as they have loads to catch up on, hopefully that will improve our chances if they have to play 3 times a week.

you wasnt at the races last night, its gonna be tight! I believe you have got a massive game against St. Day coming up, that should be a cracker!

hellboy, you didn't see the pitch

99% of referee's would have driven in, looked at a huge puddle down the line and the surface water on one half of the pitch and cancelled it. Without fail.

Pitty, you're right, it wasn't bad game to watch for the hour I did watch, but you never had a clue what the ball was going to do, and if the ball doesn't roll, then you don't have a game! thats my opinion anyway.

The comment about refs you made darren is unfortunatly to true!!I think its wrong that they get paid to call a game off,In my opinion if they changed it so the ref only got paid if he actually officiated the game then i bet loads more games would go ahead instead of being called off!!! as for bushys comment the pitch had a few patches of surface water that would have gone once the game got under way!but hey his boys obviously didnt fancy getting there panties wet!!!! :P the pitch was firm underneath and was not dangerous at all.Last season goonhaverns last game against wadebridge at bodieve the pitch was 100x worse yet because the trophy was being presented to them the refs allowed the game to go ahead suprising how different situations get different decisions from the men in black.that pitch was much more of a danger to the players than chacewaters was last night.

ah right, i read the fixtures and thought u had them, pendeen & penryn, that wont be easy, especially pendeen. Good luck, well not too much luck obviously!

we mousehole have fal town away nxt sat,stithians tues 12th at home,holmans home on sat 16th & st agnes away 2b fixtured.