Cornwall Football Forum

NEWQUAY AFC v Penzance

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

NEWQUAY OR PENZANCE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE AT MOUNT WISE OF FRIDAY NIGHT ?

• YES
    • NO
    • MAYBE
  2. 2. WHO WILL YOU BE SUPPORTING ?

• NEWQUAY
    • PENZANCE
    • DON'T CARE AS LONG AS IT'S A GOOD MATCH
  3. 3. WHAT WILL THE SCORE BE ?

• 0-0, 1-1
    • 1-0
    • 0-1
    • 2-1
    • 1-2
    • 2-2, 3-3
    • 3-1
    • 1-3
    • OTHER

Friday night could see Penzance be crowned Champions but Newquay will not let go of their own title dreams without a fight...

Pz have got to do it.

I've waited 34 years for us to win the league, 28 years since we won the Senior Cup. I don't know how many of us Pz regulars have waited as long. Jimmy Dann is the only other person I can remember from 34years ago still watching. There are people around the club who have waited ages but I don't think as long.

I can't see them win the Charity Cup on the 12th May as our Reserves are at Perranporth that night (great fixturing, eh!). If they lose on Friday, I can't see the game at Callington on the 9th as the Reserves are away at Penryn, so it has to be Friday or nothing!

I can't wait another 34 years, I'll be dead. :D

Guest Peppermint

Win lose or draw - the Newquay players have had a great season and the Club is indebted to them for all their efforts.

We hope that there is a big crowd to witness what should be a good game - both sides try to play good football and therefore it should be worth watching.

Pz have got to do it.

I've waited 34 years for us to win the league, 28 years since we won the Senior Cup. I don't know how many of us Pz regulars have waited as long. Jimmy Dann is the only other person I can remember from 34years ago still watching. There are people around the club who have waited ages but I don't think as long.

I can't see them win the Charity Cup on the 12th May as our Reserves are at Perranporth that night (great fixturing, eh!). If they lose on Friday, I can't see the game at Callington on the 9th as the Reserves are away at Penryn, so it has to be Friday or nothing!

I can't wait another 34 years, I'll be dead. :D

jimmy dann changed my nappy,when he babysat for my mum :clapper: :clapper:

Guest WINNO

GOOD LUCK TO NEWQUAY. IF ANYONE DESERVES TO WIN THE LEAGUE ITS THEM. JIM HILTON TOP LEGENDARY BLOKE AND ALL THE GUYS ARE QUALITY AS WELL. I WILL BE DOWN THERE COME ON BOYS!!!!!!

2-1 NEWQUAY

Judge,

after reading this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/8026311.stm

Will your club have adequate supervision on the gate, around and on the field, just in case someone throws any objects which could jeopardize any officials, players or spectators future career?

What is the world coming too?

Ps: Maybe you could try suing the health authority for dropping you on the head at birth!

Dad and I watched our first game in 1972 CTB! And I havn't missed that many in between,especially since moving back to Cornwall after University and work away in '96.

I've waited all that time as well. Lets put in it perspective: when Penzance last won the league I was a little first year at Humphry Davy (Gramar School then of course) and Geoff Lee was in the midfield for us and (I think) startting his first year of teaching at Callington Community College. I'm now 46 and worked with Geoff for 13 years here at Callington Community College...he retired last year!

There are a number of others as well CTB who have been there all the time: Dad, Hedley, Jack, Richard, Paddy etc. Just some of them are less demonstrative! :D

ONLY ABOUT 33 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES UNTIL WE'RE THERE........ :thumbsup:

Guest Black&White

Good shout Fiery ... not forgetting of course the likes of John Mead (secretary), John Richards (vice chairman), Ray Nicholls (coach); all still heavily involved at the club 34 years on, while others such as Terry Williams, Peter Collins etc are also regular visitors to Penlee Park :c:

Judge, after reading this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/8026311.stm

Will your club have adequate supervision on the gate, around and on the field, just in case someone throws any objects which could jeopardize any officials, players or spectators future career?

If 500 football fans cannot behave themselves when watching Newquay v Penzance, then yes we should all start to worry. No problems at the 2 local derbys which currently hold the top 2 crowds in SWPL records and no problems when we visited Penlee, so can't imagine any problem tomorrow night.

But just in case you are worried in any way, you can guarantee your safety in one of the following ways. Wear a motorcycle crash helmet, skateboard arm and knee pads, cricket box, boxers mouth guard or alternatively, watch the game through a pair of binoculars from the flats at the Mayfield End, but don't lean too far out of the window.

You Know Judge, I really believe that you are begining to mellow,

I though your last para about what to wear & watching from the flats was really good,

Two teams who have done well this season, so I hope that tomorrow's match whatever the outcome will be enjoyed by all,

Maybe Newquay will be at Falmouth next season, if so remember you can put up as many flags as you wish a long as they are on the lower rail, so as not to block anyone's view,

Good luck to both teams,

Hammers :clapper::thumbsup::c::c::drink::c: :c:

Guest Peppermint

Look forward to seeing you at Mount Wise tomorrow evening Winno.

I have to agree with Black and White and Fiery Jack about one thing - John Mead is without doubt the most knowledgable administrator in the County and was a considerable help to me when I first got involved with Newquay Football Club - he is also one of nature's gentleman as well - I understand that unfortunately he will not be present tomorrow.

Anyone coming to the match tomorrow there is plenty of parking in Mount Wise or the Tregunnel Hill Park but please do not park in the Reeds Way park for private residence because I think a Foxhole follower was fined for parking there.

It is fairly obvious who I hope to win but hopefully it will be a great match that is not marred like the game at Callington yesterday.

Just to drag everyones attention away frfom the 'other' thread, there is a massive match tomorrow and the advice is get to Mount Wise early. The clubhouse will hopefully be open from 6.30pm (Peppermint or Bazzer to confirm) and gates open at 7pm.

Penzance supporters requiring a seat are kindly asked to take up the right hand side of the Main stand, the tradition being that home fans sit on the left (clubhouse end) of the main stand. Teas, coffees, burgers, chips all available and don't forget the 50/50 draw which should be worth winning if the anticipated 500 crowd turn up.

Enjoy the match !

As a lifelong St.Austell supporter I think our club's fortunes have been very similar to those of Penzance in the last 20/30 years. Our Senior Cup win was fantastic and there were dozens of us at that game who have endured the crap years for whom easter Monday was just wonderful.

Whilst town had hopes of the title at one stage may I wish Pz all the very best and I'm sure the true, similarly long suffering Pz supporters will have a great time if they lift the title tonight.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks to our hard working Bar Staff the Clubhouse will be open from 6.30pm this evening. It will remain open throughout the evening and our Refreshment Hut will be open throughout the match - with our Gourmet Chef Dave [Devil] Osborne in attendance.

Thanks Tony. You are right: the two clubs have had similar on field problems of late (ie for decades!). I for one was delighted to see St Austell had won the cup (regardless of referees etc) for exactly that reason. Not quite sure as a tee-totaller how to celebrate tonight IF it happens! :)

Guest nets

As a neutral I hope its a great game tonight but I have a feeling that Penzance will be far too good when it comes to it. 3 goal margin perhaps?

Guest Peppermint

As a neutral I hope its a great game tonight but I have a feeling that Penzance will be far too good when it comes to it. 3 goal margin perhaps - prediction by nets!

Got that one hopelessly wrong nets!