Cornwall Football Forum

arther pearce cup

What an amazing semi final for the nuetral, it showed a great credit towards to the mining league, i thought the league officals were just fantastic, well done guys, but their was a lot of abuse that surely needs to be looked into.

What ever a person is thought off, their is no need of this abuse i have heard this evening, it was disgraceful.

I am glad that i did not bring my eight your child to this game. That s a sad thing to say I know!!!!

I have so many friends at Illogan but im truly disappointed in some of your players/supporters reactions, im positive that if i spoke to most of the committee Illogan i would get the same reaction.

Illogan 4 - 6 Troon

Semi

One of those games you really look forward to playing and im sure for a neutral it was a cracking game but obviously we were all gutted. Game was end to end plenty of goals and felt we had done enough to win it in the 90 when we were 3-2 up with 5 to go but the linesman had a different idea allowing Danny Bell to go through and level it when he was clearly off even he said so himself.

After that with us having lost a couple of key players to injury and couple others really struggling with a couple of knocks it was always going to be tough in extra time but we never stopped trying. Stunning 4th by Beller in extra time you simply don't save those.

Roll on the Dunn Cup Final 10th May when we shall our revenge.

What an amazing semi final for the nuetral, it showed a great credit towards to the mining league, i thought the league officals were just fantastic, well done guys, but their was a lot of abuse that surely needs to be looked into.

What ever a person is thought off, their is no need of this abuse i have heard this evening, it was disgraceful.

I am glad that i did not bring my eight your child to this game. That s a sad thing to say I know!!!!

I have so many friends at Illogan but im truly disappointed in some of your players/supporters reactions, im positive that if i spoke to most of the committee Illogan i would get the same reaction.

Extremely entertaining match, especially in extra time but I did'nt think the officials had the best of nights Reno? <_<

2 of the Troon goals came from free kicks which were'nt and Gee conning another for Illogan which Jeb Martin converted brilliantly!!

And both linesman unfortunately missed several easier decisions and flagged for a couple of non existent fouls - but it all added to the entertainment value and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

As the score suggests both keepers were far from their best but Danny Bell's 4th goal was absolutely unstoppable, rounding off a superb individual performance, with Johnny Jones probably the standout player for Illogan!

Good Luck to Troon in the final, and cant wait till these two meet again in the Dunn Cup :thumbsup:

What a cracking game of football that was last night, as a slightly one sided nuetral I was a little disappointed that Illogan lost but fair play to Troon I think they edged in the latter part of the game. Beller's 4th goal was a bloody belter.

A great advert for the mining league. Good luck to both sides in their next meeting but you'll have to go some to beat that game.

Sorry what i meant about the officals was that they conducted themselves well and were strong in what decisons they made throughout the game, yeah for sure they got a few things wrong but like all things dont we all.

Fair play to Illogan they played a huge part in this entertaining game, im glad you enjoyed the game Nick as for a manager i would have preferred us to win 3-0 but that isnt going to happen against a good Illogan side.

Sorry what i meant about the officals was that they conducted themselves well and were strong in what decisons they made throughout the game, yeah for sure they got a few things wrong but like all things dont we all.

Fair play to Illogan they played a huge part in this entertaining game, im glad you enjoyed the game Nick as for a manager i would have preferred us to win 3-0 but that isnt going to happen against a good Illogan side.

I agree reno, I though the ref in particular had a good game...but the turning point in the game for me is when Curly went off injured & then lost their centre half. But even then both sides had their chances to put the game to bed.

I didnt think the pitch was that great either.