Cornwall Football Forum

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please if possible.

The season is nearly finished, including tonight's games, 60 league matches and 2 Sup Cup games to go.

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 28th April 2009

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Ryan Harris, Bobby Bryant) 2-3 ST JUST (Stuart Nicholls 2, Scott Meagor)

Att - 11

HAYLE RESERVES (Christian Letts 2, Danny Magee 2) 4-2 HOLMAN SC (Andy Hill 2)

Att - 30

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Matt Potts) 1-2 ST DAY (Steve Wheatley, Nathan Taylor)

Att - 25

PERRANPORTH (Kayne Trevaskis 2, Ian Gosling) 3-0 ILLOGAN RBL

Att - 50

RNAS CULDROSE (John Tonkin, Chris Morris) 2-7 HELSTON ATHLETIC (Domonic Pullen 3, Liam Eddy 2, Mark Goldsworth, Tom Sobey)

Att - 15

ST AGNES (Tom Benny, Steve Kemp) 2-2 PERRANWELL (Ieaun Boon, Nigil Brabyn)

Att - 26

ST IVES TOWN (Andy Trathen 2, Danny Paynter 2, Darren Steadman 2) 6-1 LUDGVAN (???)

Att - ???

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (???) 1-5 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES (Aaron Collick 3, Chris Strike, Jordan Adlard)

Att - 25

St Agnes 2 - 2 Perranwell

Tom Benney and Steve Kemp for Aggie

John Mitchell pulled a worldie to prevent Tom from scoring a second and then made a great point blank save from Dan O'Toole in the last minute.

Ref watch, didn't have a lot to do really, but made mountains out of molehills and the usual shite from the good man himself!!!

Hayle 4-2 Holmans

Holmans went 2-0 up thanks to a brace from Andy Hill. Hayles goals came from Christian Lett(2) and Danny Magee(2).

I know its easy to say when you've won but it was a really enjoyable game of football to play in, hard but fair with loads of banter.

And not once did I hear " In the mixer"!!

super saints (great name by the way)

there were players playing for st day who do play for other clubs, but they are all signed on for st day!!!

there were 4/5 players from other clubs and as for the Penryn player who played for us, i think i am correct in saying he quit them last week, so technicaly he is not a penryn player. He only played the first half because the abuse and threats he was receiving were beginning to overstep a mark which he felt was acceptable.

Guest Sam Boston

When was the last season St Just didnt have to travel to Falmouth on a mid week? Ridiculous!

Perranporth have got to travel to St Just for a midweek game soon - we're going to have to sweet talk a lot of bosses to get our lads there in time for kick off <_<

John Mitchell pulled a worldie to prevent Tom from scoring a second and then made a great point blank save from Dan O'Toole in the last minute.

Ref watch, didn't have a lot to do really, but made mountains out of molehills and the usual shite from the good man himself!!!

Perran had 4 chances in the first 15 minutes and should have put the game to bed but as the last few weeks we are having a problem with hitting the target!! But look out next season as we are gonna have a real top dog number 9!!

Guest The Patriot

Newquay 2nds away to culdrose 6 30 k o another poor fixture. Newquays last game thursday night, no thought what so ever. Why do culdrose allways have so many fixture's at the end of season?

Player,s away we would allways like to put our best sides out.Do they have to be service men to play for ? them?

As was said before we dont play over easter or Christmas as we go on leave. And no you don't have to be in the Navy to play for Culdrose in the League.

RNAS Culdrose 2 - 7 Helston

2-1 h-t

Mozzy and Tonkin for CU

Pullen 3

Liam Eddy 2

Mark Goldsworthy

Tom Sobey

This was a good game up until the ref riuned it by an absolutely disgracful descion! Firstly Kick ff was delayed as Helston couldn't get 11 players there by 6.15 EVEN tho they had 7 which is the reqiurment to start a game.

Culdrose took the lead by a dodgy Pen in the first 2 minutes. Both teams had good chances and Helston hit the post. Then Liam eddy went down in the box after kicking a Culdrose player, He got straight up - NO ONE shouted for a Pen but amazingly it was given from 30 yards away. Even Young Eddy said it wasn't a Pen!! 1-1. Just before half time Culdrose scored direct from a corner - off the bar the Winno's head lol! 2-1 half time.

Second half was getting scrappy but Culdrose had a good Pen shout turned down after Tonks made good ground flying past kettle like he wasn't there.. ;) 5 minutes later Tonks was brought down again and it was given albeit from 25yards away. Mozzy stepped up and missed it. Good save low to his left by winno. Helston then scored direct from a corner. 2-2. Here come the game Recker! Mozzy ran on to a through ball went in 50/50 with winno-(Didn't look bad from my position but i was half way line) Winno then supprisingly kicked mozzy in the side. Ref came over Sent off Mozzy. Asked if was going to send winno off by another CU player his reply was " your player shouldn't of gone in on him like that!" UNBELIEVEABLE! Then later asked he then decided he didn't see it.. What an easy way out. Not being funny but everyone in the groung saw it- People in the stand, our keeper even the Air Traffic control tower saw it!!! To Quote boots the Helston manager " i was about to tell jason to get the gloves off Winno as i thought he was getting sent off after he got treatment" Even Winno admitted he should of walked. Winno came into the dressing room after the game and apologised for lashing out and as i know winno i know it was out of character. This is nothing against hm or Helston its just you give up your time to play footy to enjoy it but it gets riuned by one bloody man in the middle. Yeah everyone says we need refs but when you get one and don't even enjoy your game win or lose then i rather not play. I could give other examples from the game by the ref but i havent got time to write war and peace. Everone there knows how bad it was a i think a phone call went into the league last night.

So as we went down to ten men the rest is history. .. :c:

Guest WINNO

Newquay 2nds away to culdrose 6 30 k o another poor fixture. Newquays last game thursday night, no thought what so ever. Why do culdrose allways have so many fixture's at the end of season?

Player,s away we would allways like to put our best sides out.Do they have to be service men to play for ? them?

As was said before we dont play over easter or Christmas as we go on leave. And no you don't have to be in the Navy to play for Culdrose in the League.

RNAS Culdrose 2 - 7 Helston

2-1 h-t

Mozzy and Tonkin for CU

Pullen 3

Liam Eddy 2

Mark Goldsworthy

Tom Sobey

This was a good game up until the ref riuned it by an absolutely disgracful descion! Firstly Kick ff was delayed as Helston couldn't get 11 players there by 6.15 EVEN tho they had 7 which is the reqiurment to start a game.

Culdrose took the lead by a dodgy Pen in the first 2 minutes. Both teams had good chances and Helston hit the post. Then Liam eddy went down in the box after kicking a Culdrose player, He got straight up - NO ONE shouted for a Pen but amazingly it was given from 30 yards away. Even Young Eddy said it wasn't a Pen!! 1-1. Just before half time Culdrose scored direct from a corner - off the bar the Winno's head lol! 2-1 half time.

Second half was getting scrappy but Culdrose had a good Pen shout turned down after Tonks made good ground flying past kettle like he wasn't there.. ;) 5 minutes later Tonks was brought down again and it was given albeit from 25yards away. Mozzy stepped up and missed it. Good save low to his left by winno. Helston then scored direct from a corner. 2-2. Here come the game Recker! Mozzy ran on to a through ball went in 50/50 with winno-(Didn't look bad from my position but i was half way line) Winno then supprisingly kicked mozzy in the side. Ref came over Sent off Mozzy. Asked if was going to send winno off by another CU player his reply was " your player shouldn't of gone in on him like that!" UNBELIEVEABLE! Then later asked he then decided he didn't see it.. What an easy way out. Not being funny but everyone in the groung saw it- People in the stand, our keeper even the Air Traffic control tower saw it!!! To Quote boots the Helston manager " i was about to tell jason to get the gloves off Winno as i thought he was getting sent off after he got treatment" Even Winno admitted he should of walked. Winno came into the dressing room after the game and apologised for lashing out and as i know winno i know it was out of character. This is nothing against hm or Helston its just you give up your time to play footy to enjoy it but it gets riuned by one bloody man in the middle. Yeah everyone says we need refs but when you get one and don't even enjoy your game win or lose then i rather not play. I could give other examples from the game by the ref but i havent got time to write war and peace. Everone there knows how bad it was a i think a phone call went into the league last night.

So as we went down to ten men the rest is history. .. :c:

Got to say it wasnt a bad game at all very end to end good local derby. I am not going to defend myself or admit any guilt on here we all know what I did was wrong an I have apologised to all concerned and Mozzy as well its was all put to bed as soon as the game was over. But as for a 50/50 Breas you were 50 yds away and no way was it. The ball was in my hands as he lauched himself 2 footed over the top. If he had caught me an inch lower he would have broken my elbow and probably my arm. I have had a lot of challenges on myself over the years and this was by far the worse. But as you said I should still not have reacted like that. But I can see y players do react like it sometimes.I think Culdrose paid the price just as Helston did on Sunday for continually moaning and getting at the ref. We learned the hard way Sunday and you guys did last night. Good luck to all the Navy boys for the rest of the season.

Love

Navy number 1 retired

:drink:

Totally agree with Super Saints.

Chopper and Legend15 - the player was Hal Davis.

People joked before the game that he was playing, but no-one believed it as he didnt warm up with the St Day guys.

I was as shocked as anyone, when we walked out for the match to see that he was playing for St Day!!

Never in my time playing football (well trying to!) have i ever come across that scenario.

I was really disappointed for our lads and especially our manager Andy Parry who puts his time aside every Tuesday night to train us and (if Dale & Steve J not there) our 1st team, only to turn up at a match and find one of our players lining up against us! Let alone the expenses the said player has recieved from our club throughout the season.

A real kick in the teeth.

Thats my rant - dont like doing it, but feel strongly about it.

By the way, im not suggesting it affected the result, because it didnt.

Pretty sure the same happened at Falmouth during the Miller era. Liam Heenan played for Aggie vs Town 2nds 3 days after playing for Town 1sts which lead to what can only be described as a relationship breakdown between James and the 1st team Manager! Apologies if this is incorrect!

i agree pottsy and super saints.

if i was in that situation i would be a bit upset too. i was quite surprised he played too, great bloke and great player to go with it.

as i don't play for st day anymore i probably shouldn't have commented on this subject, but i do have a special place in my heart for the club and jumped at the chance to play for them on tuesday as they were short of a keeper (pardon the pun cat).

let's not take anything away from the spectacle of the game itself as it was a decent game that passed with little incident and some good football.

i probably owe some sort of membership fee to penryn now as it is the THIRD time in 6 days i have played there, however i did do my little bit for the groundsman last night by replacing my divots.

he robs from the skates, he robs from the skates, oh braddley wright-phillips, he robs from the skates......

Guest Peppermint

Regarding CTB'S comments about Culdrose - as a matter of interest how many service personnel actually play for them now. I think this arrangement re them not playing at certain times probably needs reviewing.

Another question from reading this thread - I notice that a Dan Magee scored for Hayle is that the one who started the season with Penzance and then moved to a lot of clubs including a short stay at Wadebridge or is that a different player!

Really surprised to see the St Day team, seemed to have more players who usually play for other teams than they had of their own. What the players who were dropped thought I don't know - I know I wouldn't be happy. Did they need the result that badly? Are there no good young players in their reserves?

On the flip side fair play to Penryn trying out a number of 16-17 year olds from the youth setup. Easy to see why they are attracting good young players to the club and benefiting with several already in the first team squad. At this time of the season definately the way forward when you have nothing to play for.

What the contracted Truro player was doing I don't know, I read on an earlier forum post from the county u18 manager that he was unable to play for the county as he was contracted to Truro and couldn't play for anyone else.

Shame his contract doesn't allow him to play for the county this Saturday!

Perran had 4 chances in the first 15 minutes and should have put the game to bed but as the last few weeks we are having a problem with hitting the target!! But look out next season as we are gonna have a real top dog number 9!!

you not putting your boots back on again mate :clapper: :drink:

thanks for the comments flipper, my hand was still stinging from Tom's shot 5 minutes after that save. Always difficult to go back to your old club and to play that well in the 2nd half was pleasing and to get praise from a respected keeper like Kimmo was great. . Shame some people can't let bygones be bygones and have to embaress themselves by screaming and throwing their toys out of the pram but hay ho........

As for the game we should have been 5 or 6 up by the break, Lukey making a couple of good saves but 2nd half Aggie totally outplayed us and I think you had 7 really good chances apart from the 2 goals and it was one way traffic for the last 15 minutes. we just can't seem to be able to buy a win at the moment but we still have 9 games to make sure we get 2nd place.

Good to see martin Dunstan back playing and Tom benney was once again class......

And no Mike Brewer wasn't at the game...........

Patriot, what was the refs excuse for not making helston start with 7 players and delaying the kick off after all it was a Local derby wasn't it ??

Guest The Patriot

Regarding CTB'S comments about Culdrose - as a matter of interest how many service personnel actually play for them now. I think this arrangement re them not playing at certain times probably needs reviewing.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, OUR LAST GAME EVERYONE IN THE SQUAD IS A SERVING MEMBER OF HER MAJESTY'S ARMED FORCES. SO I DONT THINK IT NEEDS REVIEWING SHIPMATE :c:

Guest The Patriot

Patriot, what was the refs excuse for not making helston start with 7 players and delaying the kick off after all it was a Local derby wasn't it ??

HE KEPT SAYING 5 MINS, 5 MINS ....

Guest WINNO

WAS INFORMED IT WAS SAM COOPER. WHATS THE BIG DEAL AS YOUVE ALL SAID ON HERE IT WAS A NOTHING GAME SO LET IT GO HEY!!!!!!!!!

AS IVE SAID ON HERE UMPTEEN TIMES IT'S POOR FROM THE CLUBS THAT TESE PLAYERS PLAY FOR ON A SATURDAY AS THESE PLAYERS SHOULD ALL BE SIGNED FOR THOSECLUBS AT COMBO LEVEL AS WELL.

RIGHT OR WRONG!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's quite hard to write a report on a St Just match I didn't see because of a job interview.

There were only 11 in the crowd, the lowest crowd of the season for a St Just match. They were probably so disappointed at not seeing me that they all left.

It's the first one I've missed since 1998 and the only victory I've missed since 1005. Well done Tinners.

Perranporth visiting Lafrowda on a Thursday night ? Will Mr Roberts be coming down to present the trophy there ? The Woad Brotherhood and the Rod Beer Fan Club,including Jack, will be organising a spcial reception, with photographs and fireworks, if so. Kick off will be at 6.15 p.m.,no later, as there has to be time for Mother to get in and do the Chapel Flowers after the game.

Love to all from the sunny Midlnads !

Guest Sam Boston

Love to all from the sunny Midlnads !

Midlnads? Is that somewhere between the Upper Nads and the Lower Nads? Sorry - couldn't resist :D