Cornwall Football Forum

Supplementary Cup Semi Final

Guest Postie Pidge

Think Southall had the Helston goals. Thought the game did the Compo proud end to end stuff some good football played and some real howlers IE the Falmouth goalkeeper with his air shot. The ref played over 10 mins injury time which i'm sure had the Falmouth fans blood pressure as high as Everest. But credit to both teams the £2 payed at the gate was worth every penny..

Anyone know where the Final is being played and when ?

all due credit to falmouth yesterday, unfortunately in my opinion marred by a referee who by what i gather is not classed as a top ref by the cfa, hence why he is given a supplementary cup semi final, as said by an assesor stating, we dont play our best refs in the supplementery cup finals! why play the game at all then i ask? i believe the ref is called neil harvey, a guy who loves to throw his weight around who after a week of being hen pecked throws his frustration at players, when asked for better communication levels he still does not give it, we can only help the ref enjoy his game if he helps us, the lack of communication, the level of not being precise, the consistency was at times terrible, the decisions at times shocking. sorry for moaning a bit too much-feeling much better now its off my chest! good luck to falmouth for the final.

It's a shame that you've had to come on here and make that statement after such a good game, if you've got to blame anybody why not blame your striker for missing some good chances or is the Ref just an easy scapegoat. I'm not a Ref but I do believe they do try there best and unfortunatly they can't please everybody. Anyway I still think it was a good game played in good spirit.

all due credit to falmouth yesterday, unfortunately in my opinion marred by a referee who by what i gather is not classed as a top ref by the cfa, hence why he is given a supplementary cup semi final, as said by an assesor stating, we dont play our best refs in the supplementery cup finals! why play the game at all then i ask? i believe the ref is called neil harvey, a guy who loves to throw his weight around who after a week of being hen pecked throws his frustration at players, when asked for better communication levels he still does not give it, we can only help the ref enjoy his game if he helps us, the lack of communication, the level of not being precise, the consistency was at times terrible, the decisions at times shocking. sorry for moaning a bit too much-feeling much better now its off my chest! good luck to falmouth for the final.

perhaps they are given him some much needed practice in a losers cup semi :drink: :clapper:

If you have such a low opinion of the cup why comment on it!? Extremely direspectful to everyone involved!!

As someone so sensitive about anything negative towards Truro I'd have thought you would think before being so negative about anything else. The phrase "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" springs to mind! :SM_carton:

If you have such a low opinion of the cup why comment on it!? Extremely direspectful to everyone involved!!

As someone so sensitive about anything negative towards Truro I'd have thought you would think before being so negative about anything else. The phrase "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" springs to mind! :SM_carton:

get a life gillo,it said with tongue in cheek :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Got a lovely one thanks George, thats why i dont come on here to belittle a trophy that all the lads involved will work their arses off to try and win. Town could win 1st trophy in how many years, Portreath could win trophy in 1st year at Combo! Ask them if its a losers trophy!

all due credit to falmouth yesterday, unfortunately in my opinion marred by a referee who by what i gather is not classed as a top ref by the cfa, hence why he is given a supplementary cup semi final, as said by an assesor stating, we dont play our best refs in the supplementery cup finals!

I hope that if a assesor did say what you have quoted him as saying Mr Harvey puts in a complant. :angry2:

Neils a nice guy and in my opinion a good ref i have a lot of respect and time for him. :thumbsup: :drink:

Got a lovely one thanks George, thats why i dont come on here to belittle a trophy that all the lads involved will work their arses off to try and win. Town could win 1st trophy in how many years, Portreath could win trophy in 1st year at Combo! Ask them if its a losers trophy!

iam not belittling the cup in my day it was not there,if you went out in the early rounds that was that,and what part of tongue in cheek did you not get,and working there asses to try and win is slightly over the top :clapper:

Guest WINNO

I havent got a problem Pidge with the side Falmouth had out. Just stating a fact that they are obviously taking the competition seriously with the the players that took to the field on Sunday m8t!!!!!!

:c::drink: :clapper:

iam not belittling the cup in my day it was not there,if you went out in the early rounds that was that,and what part of tongue in cheek did you not get,and working there asses to try and win is slightly over the top :clapper:

Oi idiot pull your head out from your ass. A cup is a cup, irrespective of the rewards that may come from it, it's silverware and status. Me and my team-mates are in the semis. We are pleased with that as we have worked hard to get there. If we beat holmans then we have a very good chance of winning it. We are all taking it very seriously so do not need morons like you belittling it all! It's a competition, and silverware. Portreath will be extremely satisfied to have the cup. Remember, very few remember results and teams, many remember finalists and winners. Please keep your pathetic opinions to yourself. They're belittling and damn right disrespectful to everyone participating. Fool

Oi idiot pull your head out from your ass. A cup is a cup, irrespective of the rewards that may come from it, it's silverware and status. Me and my team-mates are in the semis. We are pleased with that as we have worked hard to get there. If we beat holmans then we have a very good chance of winning it. We are all taking it very seriously so do not need morons like you belittling it all! It's a competition, and silverware. Portreath will be extremely satisfied to have the cup. Remember, very few remember results and teams, many remember finalists and winners. Please keep your pathetic opinions to yourself. They're belittling and damn right disrespectful to everyone participating. Fool

idiot and a moran am i,run along little boy and lose your losers cup,up the holmans :thumbsup::yahoo:

idiot and a moran am i,run along little boy and lose your losers cup,up the holmans :thumbsup::yahoo:

forgot a fool as well ,u didnt work that hard when you were knocked out in the 1st rd,prat :yahoo: