Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway v Wadebridge - respect to stand in referee

Watched Parkway v Wadebridge yesterday - exciting game. Ref was injured after just 20 minutes and one of the assistants took over. He did take a bit of stick from both sets of supporters at times - me included! One good penalty shout for both sides turned down; thought he didn't deal with Parkway's 'slow play' when 2-1 up for last 20 minutes - but he did by allowing lots of added time in which Wadebridge equalised - after that thought he didn't blow for time soon enough!

What's the point of all this? Well found out on SWPL forum that the assistant that took over - I think he was called Tony Salsbury - is 70 years old and so probably hasn't reffed at Level 6 for many years. Given that I would like to eat humble pie and say that he did a pretty good job under difficult circumstances. I'm over 20 years younger and I don't think I' d have kept up with the play as well as he did.

Deserves congratulations rather than some of the abuse certain players seemed to be dishing out at the final whistle.

Also thanks and well done to Jim Parsons, President of Plymouth Parkway for taking up the flag and doing a spot on job.

An exciting game played in mostly good spirit, shame about one or two in the crowd who had too much to say!!

PS Viva Barca!!!!