Cornwall Football Forum

PROMOTED TEAMS TO STAY IN THE PREMIERSHIP??.

With my dear departed father's team, the once mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers, finally getting back in the big time. I thought I'd seek your opinions and predictions as to how you think next seasons promoted teams will fare in the Premier League.

Will Wolves be able to press on and secure premiership survival?.

Will Birmingham be able to stay go a whole season without Caron Brady or some other board member being arrested for some sort of offence?(ooh controversial).

Who will be the third team to gain promotion?.

Just a bit of harmless predictive fun people. My hope is that Wolves are able to secure a second successive season in the Premier League and win those various Midland derbies along the way. This would have made my old man happy, so I'll have a slice of that please and couldn't give a monkeys about the rest.

i think that the gap is closing between the top of the championship and the bottom of the premiership.because the top sides in the championship are getting more organised off the pitch and seem to be able to hang in there for longer in at least one case out of three.

just look at stoke this year.who would have given them a cat in hells chance in staying up back in august. and hull have done very well for two thirds of the season and can hopefully hang in there.it does the league good for so called established clubs to go down and have to re-organise than just being a mid table club going nowhere year in year out.

some of these sides think they have a god given right to be in the premiership.but if you do not perform on the pitch and are chaotic off the pitch like Newcastle then you deserve to go down. they are not the only club just a good example.

after knocking on the door for so long i hope wolves do make a good go of it.if only for the argyle turn coat up front :P

after knocking on the door for so long i hope wolves do make a good go of it.if only for the argyle turn coat up front :P

Now now Mr Eddy sir, I personally think it's Argyles fault that Ebanks Blake left because of the absurdly small get out clause of £1.5million that he was allowed to have in his contract. Unfortunately it was probably the only way you were able to secure his signature. In all fairness, he performed well for Argyle and when he left, ws it not for a club record fee?.

I'm afraid who ever goes up will come straight down and that unfortunately includes Wolves.

What you find is that those teams who are promoted will go all out for fitness and bigness. Look at Hull, they may survive but only because teams hadn't worked them out at the beginning of the season. Likewise with Stoke they are all about size and pace. These teams may survive this season but they will be gone next.

The team I feel sorry for is West Brom who have been a delight to watch, they just didn't have the quality of players, they will go straight back up.

• 3 weeks later...

Wolves and Birningham to stay up, and Sheff Utd if they win the play off. Burnley to go straight back down if they win the play off.

If Newcastle stay up, they will be a strong force next season. I think Hull will join WBA and Middlesbrough.

Next season Sunderland and Portsmouth will get relegated with Burnley.

Plymouth Argyle will also get relegated, and play Exeter in Div One.

Enjoy the summer break

Guest danny-efc-pafc

or exeter could make it 3 in a row!!!

used to go and watch argyle all the time! cant stand them now!

think wolves will stay up!!

Yeah i think Wolves will stay up, they already are a quality outfit and they are sure to improve their squad furthur over the summer. Not so sure about Birmingham though and i couldnt call the play-off winners?

But then again anything could happen, i fancyed West Brom and Hull to stay up this season and Stoke to finish rock bottom but West Brom are down, Stoke are staying and Hull are taking it to the final day, so who knows?!

Either way i just hope none of the three promoted teams are another Derby, even though West Brom this year look likely to finish 20th out of 20 they are still a decent team that have played nice football and he league has been stronger for it. Just goes to show how strong the Premier League is, compared to other top divisions in Europe.

:c:

Neither Wolves or Blues have much money so they will both struggle. Out of the two I fancy Blues to stay up. If Burnley go up they might hang in. It's not so long since they were almost out of the league!

Wolves have got money mate. When the current owner took over from the previous owner it was for a pathetically small sum (£10) :o . The sale was made on the proviso that the new owner would pump £30million into the squad to achieve and maintain Premiership status..

Check the link for further details ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ves-for-10.html

I don't doubt that's true but £30M ain't a right lot when you take into account signing-on fees, agents fees, wages over a 4/5 year contract, etc., etc. That could be swallowed up with 2 or 3 average players. <_<

You're also forgetting that they say each season that these play off finals are worth some £50million to the club that wins them, TV revenue etc etc. Trust me mate, it wil lonly be football that Wolves will have to worry about in the Premiership, finances will NOT be a problem. ;)

Sheff Utd - Who cares

Not me, for one. :D

I reckon there's probably 1 or 2 West Ham supporters that care, they are probably salivating at the prospect of getting 6 points off the moaning bas***ds and really rubbing their noses in it? ;) :thumbsup:

Because of where I live and work I am surrounded by Wolves fans! :angry2: The pub we use is a "Wolves Pub" (landlord/owner is a season ticket holder!) and whilst they are delighted about getting promoted they don't hold too high hopes about stopping there. Trust me - they will find it hard. Money or not.