Cornwall Football Forum

St Cleer CHAMPIONS - Division 1

Following today's excellent 6-nil win at home to St Merryn and Saltash not winning, we have been confirmed as champions of Div 1. This is our second title on the run. This is a great acheivement considering the position of the club when I took over, its down to hard work and commitment from all involved. The squad, committee and sponsors have been outstanding through out this season. It has been a real pleasure and privilege to manage such a sporting and committed group of people associated with the club. The playing surface has to be with out a doubt the best around and certainly challenging south western standard.

There have been a number of rumours connecting me with Liskeard, at the moment I am committed to St Cleer and have no thoughts of my future until the season has finished, however I am flattered by the suggestions. I committed three seasons with the saints, that was to gain promotion to the ECPL, we are on target to reach that goal. I will be looking to strengthen for next season, work has already started in that regard. You never know what's round the corner in football, but right now I plan to enjoy winning the league.

Congratulations to all people involved who have helped make the success this season, the players are a real credit and should be proud of their acheivements.

Thanks

Russell Hale - Proud manager St. Cleer FC

Congratulations to St Cleer on winning the league. Always keep a lookout for their results and look forward to see Alan, Pete, Colin and Lee next season. Now i can confront Russ without being sent away from the pitch ha ha ha ha ha. :clapper: