Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 25/04/2009

Guest bunditheboss

mousehole 1-1 portreath

good game did enjoy it til we started to argue amongst ourselves and we lost another late goal.

good luck to portreath midweek hope you boys stay up

HOLMANS 2nds/3rds 1 TITANS 1 :P

dissapointing game from both teams too interested in the player than the ball.strong wind down the hill at park road.

holmans played down first half and took the game to TITANS and mark mitchell scored from the penalty spot.2nd half titans took the game to holmans and from a sqaured ball graham jewell tapped in. in the end a draw was a fair result :c: :smiley20:

Halestown 1 Troon 3 (Daniel Bell 2 Clayton Reynolds) Mining 1

Fair play to the Halestown lads today, they had friends who were involved in a tragic accident last night where three young people died in area, all out thoughts go to their families and friends at this sad time.

From all at Troon FC!!!!!

Contratulations to Illogan who wrapped up the league today with a 5-2 win against a battling Gulval who didnt come to lie down & make it easy. Fairplay to Gulval who battled to the end but Illogan never really looked like they were going to lose this game.

I predict a messy night for the boys in green.....The jugs of beer are flowing already.

Well done Gee man & good luck midweek in the semi.

:thumbsup:

Guest Mouth

Newlyn NA 4 - 0 Goonhavern

A dominant and controlled display from Newlyn despite having three crucial players missing to add to other injury concerns.

Newlyn started hungry and sharp, taking the lead around ten minutes when Callum Mitchell got his boot to the ball before the Goonhavern keeper and poked it into the net. Minutes later it was two, when a Mitchell corner eventually found the head of Frank Elsworth who cushioned it home. Newlyn were in control and could have added more before half-time, but Will Wiltshire's lob got stuck in the mud on the Goonhavern goal line. Half-time 2-0.

It wasn't long into the second half when Ben Strowger broke down the left, and his deep cross swerved into the Goonhavern net. Mitchell then nearly added a fourth when his header was kept out by the crossbar. Still the Crabs piled on the pressure with Leo Gwynn going close, before Mitchell broke down the left and squared it for Wiltshire to cap off a good performance with a tap-in.

Newlyn continued to pressure towards the end, and but for some solid goal-keeping and bad finishing were denied. Mitchell hit the crossbar again, and substitute Frazer Young went close right at the death. All in all; a solid, composed performance from the Crabs with every player proving his worth. Kepper Pete Bainbridge and the back four were solid when called upon and the midfield were constantly creating chances for the front two.

A great result, and Newlyn top the league for the first time this year with Chacewater vs SOM being called off.

Guest Norry

mining div 2

sennen 1 v mount ambrose 1

fair result in the end.two goalkeepers errors.made the result a draw

sennen unable to finish off decent moves,no composure in front of goal..

but one awkward question,and i hope i am wrong,but i sensed that a certain liam patterson played for mount ambrose,and i was under the illusion that he plays for tms...who had no game today,called off,,,i have since made some calls...but i am told he has a brother called glen,,is this true,i will apologise if i am wrong,is he a twin brother of liam???...i am keen to know as he did not feature in a game at mount ambrose,two weeks ago......i hope i am wrong.or this could have repercussions......

Let me be the first to congratualate Illogan on winning Mining Div 1 well done lads, well deserved. Shame we made some mistakes on the admin side but never mind we will learn from that.

Have a great evening and make sure your hangover carries onto Tuesday evening.

Have a good one

Reno :thumbsup:

Ludgvan res 2 Storm res 4

Storm raced into a 3 nil lead at half time, then scored the 4th and it should have been all over however a spirited fightback by Ludgvan saw Storm hanging on a bit towards the end. Good performance all round by Storm again with only 11 players, Danny Wright with another Hat Trick, we really missed him last week!!!

Guest Norry

My apologise..to both liam patterson of t.m.s. and his brother glen.....whom i did not know ,,or understood that he did indeed play for mount ambrose,,i made some enquiries,and the sources tell me i was wrong to suggest or think,something was underhanded...wasn't sure of the brothers connection, so please accept my apologise.....thanks

Mining 3

Gulval Res 1 - West Cornwall 5

scorers

WC - Matt Reynolds

Dan Inch

Graham Stirr

Owain Barrett

Ashley Kemp

Gulval - Mangle (screamer)

good game, played in great spirit and a good bunch of lads.. best of luck for next season boys! :smiley20:

Well done to West Cornwall, deserved winners, and almost there in the league now. That's 3 games against you lot this season, and I've scored in all of them.....but at least I scored at the right end today!! Keep the squad together and you'll create a lot of problems in Division 2 next season. Good luck.

Guest Rich Ward

Congratulations to all at Illogan on the Mining 1 title. Best team i've personally played against this season and a good bunch of lads! Well done boys!!

Illogan 5 - 2 Gulval

Still slightly hazy from a great night celebrating the League Title Win. If anyone cares it was Ryan Treloar 3 Johnny goal machine jones 1 and Jed Martin 1. 5th was a superb goal summing up how we played this season with 5 or 6 one touch passes starting from the half way line ending with the ball in the back of the net. Still one cup final and a semi against Troon to go so still all to play for.

Reno regardless of your admin mistakes which we did as well the best side in the league has won the league.

Gareth

Your head still must be hazy mate as I said "It was well deserved" and the context of "It was shame of our admin errors"" was meant to be taken as, it would have been nice that the title could have gone to the last game of ths season. Well for us anyway

The most consistant side has ran out worthy winners so well done to Illogan, see you Tuesday where hopefully we can give the champions a good game. :thumbsup: :lol:

Don't panic Ren it wasnt a dig I just wanted to point out that even with the points that were taken off teams this year ourselves included we have only lost 2 games all year with all other sides losing 4 or more and thats why we have won the league and no other reason.

The cup final and semi will be hard thought games that can go either way so cant wait also did I hear you haven't got combo next year I was expecting you to get it comfortably to be honest?

We actually lost 3 for the record mate, yeah I know Gareth always liked our friendly banter lol, im sure they will be tight affairs thats for sure.

As the for combo everything is still on track, we were given a list of issues that needed to be addressed as did other clubs who applied, this is a normal procedure thats is taken by the JCCL, from this the league officials are re attending our ground on the 31st May for a further inspection where we hope we shall meet the criteria.

See you on Tuesday!!!!!

Mining 1

Four Lanes 3 Trispen 1

Halsetown 1 Troon 3

Illogan 5 Gulval 2

Storm 1 St Buryan 3

Mining 2

Holmans 1 Titans 1

Mousehole 1 Portreath 1

Newyln 4 Goonhaven 0

Sennen 1 Mount Ambrose 1

Mining 3

Gulval 1 West Cornwall 5

Ludgvan 2 Storm 4

Madron 6 Newlyn NA 1

Marazion 0 Wendron 3

St Ives 3 Heamoor 1

STORM 1 - 3 ST BURYAN

Another 3pts for buryan,we started strongly leading 3 - 0 at H/T Tristan nankervis 2 and Josh Findlay with the goals . Storm edged the 2nd half scoring midway through,but we defended well and deserved the win .I think thats guaranteed third for us and 14 straight wins.

Congratulations to Illogan on winning the title . Good luck to all involved in the finals some big games !