Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 25/04/2009

Duchy League Cup semi-final 2nd leg

Bodmin Saints 2 - 0 St Austell.

7 - 3 over two legs.

Saints just deserved this win but St Austell fought all the way and weren't disgraced. Some peculiar refereeing to say the least.

Saints will play either Lanreath or Week St Mary in their first ever cup final.

By the way, well done from all at Bodmin Saints, St Austell for gaining promotion to div' 3.

Guest cescfab_4

In today's top of the table class today Edgcumbe came out 3-0 winners over St. Dennis. Edgcumbe had to put in a performance today and they did, quite possibly their best of the season. Two first half goals from Graham O'Neill and one from Chris Staniforth gave the blues a comfortable half time lead. Coming out after half time St. Dennis had to create chances, and didn't. The game was confirmed over when star stiker Lee Rickard had to go off injured. Surely this result has left the league in Edgcumbe's hands with the games they have in hand. Heres to a cracking finish to the season!!

Duchy Premier

Gunnislake 4 - 3 Foxhole

J.Kelly 2

S.Kelly 2

3 - 1 to Gunnislake at half time after 2 goals from j.kelly and a sweet volley from s.kelly but foxhole played better in the second half and after j.kelly missed a penalty (which was a brilliant save from the keeper), foxhole brought it back to 3 - 3. immediatly after s.kelly scored from a j.kelly cross to seal the win.

j.kelly missed a late chance for a hat trick but slipped it past the post.

Guest jol's blue & white army

St Cleer win the league but what does the future hold for them in duchy premier, is there any truth in the rumours Russ Hale is moving on to Liskeard 2nds. Surely if the rumours are true there will be a number of players that follow him 4/5 players good enough to play at this level. Who would suceed him?

Duchy Division 2

Calstock 3-4 Grampound

Calstock went 2 nil upafter about 20 minutes through some awful Grampound defending. Grampound pulled one back just before half time and took over in the second half, scoring two good goals to go 3-2 up. Calstock then went down to 10 men when a player was sent off for abusing the ref ( I think this player has also been sent off in our previous 2 matches against Calstock. To their credit, Calstock pushed on and grabbed an equaliser before Grampound youngster and substitute Lee Budge scored a great winner in the last few minutes. From what I heard and saw in the Calstock dressing room after the game they will do well to complete this season's fixtures and I hope the club will continue next season but this must be in doubt.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Duchy Premier

Altarnan 2-3 Torpoint Athletic

Horrible conditions with a very up for it team in the hosts, we were made to work for it! To be honest the result doesnt tell the whole story and we ran the game but the hosts battled to the end. Good luck till the end of the season to them and a massive well done to my boys as we heap pressure on the arch enemy and can only wait for lady luck to smile down on us to bring that title where it belongs- IN MY ARMS!!!!!!!

Good luck all!!

Guest Sam Boston

congratulations to perranporth who defeated north peterwin 6-2 to win duchy 5 in awful conditions,m the trophy was awarded after the game.

I'll second that - the conditions were AWFUL but the players gave their all and Perran deserved the win :clapper: Perranporth goals came from Rob Hosking (2), Rob Brandreth, Johnny Williams (pen), Eddie Thomson & Craig Barclay. Well done to North Petherwin who gave their all right to the final whistle :clapper:

Duchy League Cup semi-final 2nd leg

Bodmin Saints 2 - 0 St Austell.

7 - 3 over two legs.

Saints just deserved this win but St Austell fought all the way and weren't disgraced. Some peculiar refereeing to say the least.

Saints will play either Lanreath or Week St Mary in their first ever cup final.

By the way, well done from all at Bodmin Saints, St Austell for gaining promotion to div' 3.

Thanks Pablo, It was a good contest over 2 legs but like I said on a previous post it is hard to stop you guys from scoring. The referee was a bit strange on many decisions, but with out him we would not be playing this wonderful game, good luck on winning the eague this year as well, and I hope you go on to win the cup.

Gorran 3-2 St. Newlyn East (Worrall 2)

Duchy Div 3

Saints missing 5 players from previous week due to wedding, holiday, injuries and 2 of our youngsters saving themselves for a cup final on Sunday. Take nothing away from Gorran though who deserved the win.

However the pitch was a disgrace - even for Junior Football. No pitch markings anywhere (even the ref Graham Allen complained), crap surface and don't get me started on the size of it!!!! :SM_carton:

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc