Cornwall Football Forum

THE BEST TEAM IN LONDON

I came across a great article and thought I'd copy and paste it for you to ENJOY :D

FACT: Tottenham are the best team in London and Chelsea are the worst - the figures can't lie :P

There can be only one best team in London - but you'll have to scan the Premier League table to almost halfway down before you find them.

Forget Champions League semi-finalists Chelsea - Guus Hiddink's side are the worst on results against fellow Londoners this season while Euro hopefuls Arsenal can only stand and watch as the real kings of the capital sit astride their throne.

And the fact it's their bitter North London rivals Tottenham will add to Arsene Wenger's sense of despair.

Harry Redknapp has not only rescued Spurs from a fate worse than death - trips to Doncaster and possibly Leeds or Millwall - and reached the Carling Cup Final, he's also fired the White Hart Lane outfit to the top of the London League table.

Only Fulham have beaten Tottenham in eight derbies this season while Chelsea have taken just three points from five matches.

Only Arsenal can equal Spurs now - but they'll have to beat Chelsea at the Emirates on May 10 to do so.

The Blues will have to win two of their last three - they also travel to West Ham and entertain Fulham - just to avoid the wooden spoon and consign the Hammers to the basement and the resulting summer of Cockney fretting and wistful bubbles being blown into the air.

Much of the damage was done before Hiddink's arrival at Stamford Bridge but even he has tasted defeat in a derby - 1-0 at Spurs - but he at least has 270 more minutes than Luiz Felipe Scolari has to put things right.

Yet Hiddink can console himself with the knowledge that at third in the Premier League table, Chelsea are the top dogs in the 38-game marathon, just ahead of Arsenal.

And Tottenham may top the London League, but at ninth they are actually the lowest of all the capital's sides behind West Ham (7th) and Fulham (8th).

Football's a funny old game...sometimes that figures do lie.

THE TABLE THAT MATTERS TO TOTTENHAM - THE LONDON LEAGUE

P W D L PTS

Tottenham 8 3 4 1 13

Arsenal 7 2 4 1 10

Fulham 7 2 2 3 9

West Ham 7 2 2 3 8

Chelsea 5 0 2 3 3

What the heck, it may be desperate but it's always good to get one over your neighbours ;)

THE TABLE THAT MATTERS TO TOTTENHAM - THE LONDON LEAGUE

P W D L PTS

Tottenham 8 3 4 1 13

Arsenal 7 2 4 1 10

Fulham 7 2 2 3 9

West Ham 7 2 2 3 8

Chelsea 5 0 2 3 3

What the heck, it may be desperate but it's always good to get one over your neighbours ;)

if we win don't we go top :lol: i think you just missed us gooners so thought you'd get us talking to you again :smiley20: :thumbsup:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

A qiuck look at the Prem table says it all.

Spud best team in London ? Fourkinghell, even Orient and Brentford would dispute that !

Spud best team in London ? Fourkinghell, even Orient and Brentford would dispute that !

Oh my god, what a di*k you are. In one sentence you say "a quick look at the prem table says it all".. Then in your next sentence you say "Spud best team in London ? Fourkinghell, even Orient and Brentford would dispute that" :wacko::wacko: ..

Where the hell are they in the Premiership table you deluded individual?.. Nothing like a blatant contradiction to demonstrate what a prize plank you are is there... :rolleyes:

Oh my god, what a di*k you are. In one sentence you say "a quick look at the prem table says it all".. Then in your next sentence you say "Spud best team in London ? Fourkinghell, even Orient and Brentford would dispute that" :wacko::wacko: ..

Where the hell are they in the Premiership table you deluded individual?.. Nothing like a blatant contradiction to demonstrate what a prize plank you are is there... :rolleyes:

Alright Coopsie, calm down! A bit over the top with the hostilities.

Making yourself look a bigger di*k there I think.

I thought it was supposed to be a bit of fun! :rolleyes:

Atleast somebody is switched on. Thanks midfield for taking the time to read the very last part of the original thread where I said "What the heck, it may be desperate but it's always good to get one over your neighbours"... If that isn't a clear enough sign that it is lighthearted fun, then some people need to get out more and lighten up a bit.

Rodney sir, you're spot on young man and I would obviously agree with you wholeheartedly. ;)