10 Dobwalls 29 12 4 13 51 47 4 40

11 Godolphin 27 11 4 12 50 54 -4 37

12 Hayle 30 9 7 14 63 67 -4 34

13 Mousehole 30 10 3 17 48 72 -24 33

14 Plymstock 31 7 5 19 45 75 -30 26

15 Wendron 31 5 5 21 30 92 -62 20

16 VospersOV 29 5 3 21 40 87 -47 18

17 Millbrook 29 4 3 22 36 97 -61 15

i watched the whole of the second half, got there in time after finishing work and newquay were by far the better side.

not saying theres nothing wrong with callington because they are not in the top half for nothing. sorry lee, but what a penalty miss you had.

the callington scorer was anthony mason. from the action i got to see he was callys man of the match and his brother denis could have had a couple.

nice to see judge again and the rest of the newquay crew had a good laugh.

of course, there werent a few happy people there to see me, but thats life.

it was already 3-0 when i arrived and the cally keeper had to be changed before KO after first choice pulled a groin and played second half. and the referee also pulled an injury and the cally physio had to take up assistant role. i tell you, i was tempted to take my kit with me just in case.

not a good second half really

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Great first half but both refs made some strange decisions regarding penalties. The first ref (and lino) missed a clear handball as a Cally defender swung an arm to knock the ball out and a corner was given. The second ref, gave Cally a penalty which no one appealed for a mystified everyone in the ground, just as well it was put a yard wide.

2 Refs, oh yes ! The first had to go off injured after 30mins and at half time was told by the Cally player it was hands and should have been a red card. The second ref had a bit of a mare and obviously didn't bring any cards with him, at least 6 yellows should have been dished out in the 2nd half as Cally got physical (it would have been 4-2 to the home side). I won't name either of them but I'm sure Mike Sampson may well go to print with his views.

I counted 55 in the ground half way through the first half with 14 from Newquay although 2 more Loyal turned up at half time (didn't count Callymike as one of ours), not too bad for a 6.30 k.o. with Man Utd on some Greek satellite channel and Chelsea on Sky (which me and my good lady watched in the Cricket Club)

Just 4 games left, lets see who can keep their nerve !

well mate you may as count me as a fan rather than a loyal to callington they are out of my system. i am not part of their club anymore so not gonna be a fan either. i went there to watch a game of football and to be honest i hold newquay as one of the teams ill look out for so as im an honest guy, yeah i was supporting newquay for that game, if it was someone like wendron or camelford i would support callington on that one, but this is newquay.

hey micky nice to see you aint seen you for two weeks will prob be in gym soon. i think the side looked out of shape. beery on the left and greeners right back, i would have put beery centre back with jaffas pook right back and greeners left mid, but your the manager and great goal by anthony mason.

i will also give praise to fletch as well for taking the linesmans duty when no-one else was available, the newquay guy said he wouldnt have wanted to do it, well done mate, get suited and booted and you'll be top class.

Guest Peppermint

Good game of football that had everything - referee getting injured, then it was certainly a game of two halves. Callington have some class players and look a good side and Newquay will be happy to have overcome that hurdle. The Mason brothers are a very good addition to the team.

Many thanks to Andrew Long and his Committee for the usual first class hospitality - always a pleasant Club to visit and Andrew is certainly a brilliant Chairman and what would Callington Town do without this man.

Good luck to Callington Town for the rest of the season.

Totally agree with Peppermint. I was a bit worried before the game as we had not played for 12 days or so nor had any real training sessions. Also arriving 30 minutes before kick off was not ideal. However after a shaky first 5 minutes the Newquay team settled down and played some good football with Luke Rigby absolutely outstanding. Rigby scored the first goal after he collected a mis hit Paul Robertson effort and shot past the keeper. Rigby then scored with a great header from a Jake Hartigan corner. Hartigan scored a third following good work from Luke Weldhen. Robertson hit the word work on two ocassions before half time. Callington was awarded a dubious penalty in the final minutes of the first period but Lee Beer shot wide. Callington was a completely different team in the second half and pressed for much of it. Both Dennis and Anthony Mason were excellent in the second half and the whole defence had to work very hard to keep them out. Anthony Mason scored with a neat lob and Chrissy Luxton made an excellent clearance off the line. Callington tired in the final 10 minutes and Robertson and young substitute Orrin Crowle both went close for Newquay before the final whistle. If Callington can re-produce the form they showed in the second half they can beat any team in this League. In my opinion Callington has one of the three best managers in this League in Micky Hunt and I am sure the club will flourish under his leadership. Best of luck to all at Callington for the remainder of the season.

Morning Grant, nice to see you are doing something productive with your free time. Rumour in the office is you planned your time off very well, the masters, snooker champs, French open, IPL just started. We are onto you. Scott used some more colourful words to describe you! :P

Full time table is going well, its only means I have had to take on one extra lesson so its not that bad.

Line up:

M. Armstrong-Ford,

C. Luxton, C. James, S. Mckune, A. Bradshaw,

L. Rigby, P. Hampshire, S. Middleton

L. Wheldon, P. Robertson, J. Hartigan

Subs

S. Palmer (Wheldon)

J. Bunt

O. Crowle (cant remember)

M. Jose

Get well soon mate x

Great first half but both refs made some strange decisions regarding penalties. The first ref (and lino) missed a clear handball as a Cally defender swung an arm to knock the ball out and a corner was given. The second ref, gave Cally a penalty which no one appealed for a mystified everyone in the ground, just as well it was put a yard wide.

2 Refs, oh yes ! The first had to go off injured after 30mins and at half time was told by the Cally player it was hands and should have been a red card. The second ref had a bit of a mare and obviously didn't bring any cards with him, at least 6 yellows should have been dished out in the 2nd half as Cally got physical (it would have been 4-2 to the home side). I won't name either of them but I'm sure Mike Sampson may well go to print with his views.

I counted 55 in the ground half way through the first half with 14 from Newquay although 2 more Loyal turned up at half time (didn't count Callymike as one of ours), not too bad for a 6.30 k.o. with Man Utd on some Greek satellite channel and Chelsea on Sky (which me and my good lady watched in the Cricket Club)

Just 4 games left, lets see who can keep their nerve !

chelsea on sky playing everton. point for everton 0-0 the score at the bridge.