Cornwall Football Forum

Liverpool v Arsenal

Guest Man on the Post

Over the last few Liverpool games I've started to think that Jamie Carragher's best days are behind him. In my opinion the days when he can play 50-60 games a season are gone. He looks very tired now. Next season I expect he will play less, a bit like Ryan Giggs at United.

I agree!!

Carra is part of the heart of the club though, he can still do a job, he's only 31!! But last nights defending was absolutely shocking. Arsenal had 4 shots on goal didn't they? Liverpool battered them, but you don't deserve to win a game when you defend like that!!!

Still, least we kept going till the final whistle and got a point!

Guest Peppermint

Fantastic game and entertainment - if Arsenal had a better keeper they might well have won. I agree Carragher's seems to be on the decline.

Congratulations to both teams for serving up a great match.

It was emotionally draining for me - Fair play to Arse-Shaving 4 shots 4 goals, was hard to take after virtually dominating the game.

It's not last nights game that ultimately may cost us it's drawing with bloody Stoke, Hull et all at Anfield - so frustrating seeing we have done so well against the other big 3 in the league this season!!

It was emotionally draining for me - Fair play to Arse-Shaving 4 shots 4 goals, was hard to take after virtually dominating the game.

It's not last nights game that ultimately may cost us it's drawing with bloody Stoke, Hull et all at Anfield - so frustrating seeing we have done so well against the other big 3 in the league this season!!

Take the blinkers off!

You didn't "virtually dominate" the game at all. Granted, you put us under a lot of pressure and your passing and movement was almost up to our standard but there is no way you did as you claimed. I was disappointed not to win it in the end.

Shame that Arseshavin couldn't get a fifth shot, then, since he and Fabianski were the only things keeping the 'pool from all three points!

As for Carra, he's definitely slowing down, but with Agger (if we can keep him) and Skrtel we've got a good pair of centerbacks -- and then JC and Sami could sub in (and/or play against Bolton, Wigan, etc.). Legends!

I couldn't understand where he got 6 mins from. However, we scored in the third of them!! I presume with celebrations or whatever, that added to it!!!

Midfield, Liverpool dominated the game, however, if either side could defend we would have probably won 1-0. How many shots on goal did you have?

I couldn't understand where he got 6 mins from. However, we scored in the third of them!! I presume with celebrations or whatever, that added to it!!!

Midfield, Liverpool dominated the game, however, if either side could defend we would have probably won 1-0. How many shots on goal did you have?

4 shots and 4 goals I think! LOL! :D