Cornwall Football Forum

Guest Burnley

I'd probably say Mullion.

I don't think theres much between them, both sides are overated.

If Trispen have injury problems then Mullion obvisously have the edge.

How many go up is it 4?

hi rich.this is the table we,ve got mate.check our website if theres any probs bud.google TRISPEN AFC.this includes mullion already awarded the points from the rosudgeon game.they had 3 from stithians earlier in the season as well,hence the totals not quite adding up!!! we are only missing last nights rosudgeon v r.minor result.

1) MULLION 23 18 2 1 70 18 62

2) TRISPEN 22 20 1 1 91 23 61

3) CURY 24 17 2 5 108 54 53

4) FAL ATH 24 17 2 5 74 35 53

5) WENDRON 24 16 3 5 108 38 51

6) PENRYN 21 11 5 5 79 43 38

Hope that helps mate? hope it stays in line as well! ive lined it all up at the moment!!

think we have the harder run in though!? we also meet mullion in 2 semi finals.hows that for bad luck of the draw!!!

MULLION: HOME) carharrack, frogpool AWAY) falmouth.ath,hayle,ruan minor.

TRISPEN: HOME) R.minor,lizard,stithians AWAY) falmouth.ath,hayle,cury.

PS) thanks for that legend!!! make the most of those young legs while you,ve got them mate!!! they dont last long! could do with a few wheelchairs at the moment pete!!! we are all dropping like flies bud! hopefully we can hang on another month!?! think mike is just happy to get 11 players walk through the door at the moment! just looking at the table,you boys got the best goal diff in the league mate!!! :thumbsup:

hi cooky,good to hear from you mate!!! got you down as beating constantine 5-3 at home.was that the away game you drew? what was the score,i,ll update it again.im on 51 league and cup now bud,dont know how far i am behind you now? me backs knacked so dont know how many more i,ll be playing either!!! if i dont see you before,see you when we come down to you.regards to you,re dad bud :thumbsup:

Guest mikey catterall

rappo ur not allowed to put ur seasons goal record on this forum u will get accused of blowing ur trumpet and u will have to share my profile picture :lol: but to get over 50goals is goodgoing mate only a few weeks left mate and u can celebrate promotion goodluck to u and trispen

ha ha,thanks mikey! too late to be a big head now mate! i aint got much to shout about these days anyway! be great to get promoted for the lads,and especially mike who puts alot of work in.the new clubhouse is opening in the summer so it would be nice to see the club progress abit before i hang me boots up! all the best to you and troon for the rest of the season as well.keep banging the goals in,still no better feeling mate. :thumbsup:

Message for Rappo. we drew away at Constantine 2-2 mate so league table in the packet newspaper has our points right.Good to hear uve topped the 50 mark for the season im not far off.Think were going to have a big bearing on the league title playing u guys in a few weeks.Got Ruan,Wendron and Penryn first so finishing 3rd is going to be tricky.Good luck monday night mate c ya in a few weeks.

Mullion V Trispen

Cup Semi-final

Mon 27th April

GAME CANCELLED DUE TO WATERLOGGED PITCH.

GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think the title is now Trispens to lose, however if they are dropping like flies as Rappo says it could be a very interesting couple of weeks. Mullion will keep fighting to win every game but dropping points against Penryn has seriously dented our title winning hopes. Either way the league doesn't lie I suppose and two equally matched sides will get the top two positions. Good luck to all.

Guest some call him David Bentley

yeah , its gunna be a very close last few weeks !

lets just home the game on wednesday isnt called off , looking forward to that one ! :yahoo:

yeah , its gunna be a very close last few weeks !

lets just home the game on wednesday isnt called off , looking forward to that one ! :yahoo:

DONT THINK WE GOT A TEAM TO PUT OUT THERE ON WEDNESDAY SOME CALL HIM DAVID BENTLEY AT THE MOMENT AND IF WE DO IT WILL BE SEVERLY WEAKEND DUE TO SO MANY INJURIES!!! WHICH IS FUSTRATING AS YOU WANT YOUR BEST PLAYERS FIT AGAINST THE BEST TEAMS!! BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN FOR US IS IT BE DELAYED A WEEK!! SEE YOU WEDNESDAY IF NOT

Makes you think if both teams had fully fit sides, who would win it? :unsure:

Well cornwall hammer, we went down there(mullion) in the league with a weakend side and lost 3-0. A few weeks later we played mullion at home with a full squad, no injuries, everyone available and beat them 2-0 so think that should answer the question. Still going to be a good game whatever team we can get out there.

How do you know mullion had full squads both times?? at least 4 had to represent the 1sts for the game down your place!! soo noo it doesnt answer 'hammers' question!! everyone had a go at mullion earlier in season and yea the critisism may of been justified but now who's on here makin excuses bout injuries and not havin a full team before the match has even been played!!

Think all of you are right in you're own way there!! we went to mullion with 5 out and got well beaten apparantly,no excuses.spoke to a few of the mullion lads at the home game and they had about 4 out when we won well,although i thought mullion were the better side last 20 minutes.so the 2 games wont count for anything tomorrow night.i know there,s been loads of banter on here this season,but i think thats been good for the league and that its going to the wire with div 1 & 2 wrapped up long ago it makes it interesting!!! i thought the mullion lads were a good bunch when we played them and had some very talented youngsters amongst the experienced players so whatever the score in the semi and outcome in the league,im sure both teams would have to agree that they have been pushed all the way this season by the other.from our point of view losing dave sweet,stu williams,james howman,aaron spear,james graney and steve tyack all in the last month to long term injuries has been a big blow but we,ll still give it a go tomorrow with half a team(ask billy at wendron!!!)with no excuses!!! :( good luck to all in their remaining games,its been an enjoyable season (apart from my bad back!!!) :thumbsup:

Think all of you are right in you're own way there!! we went to mullion with 5 out and got well beaten apparantly,no excuses.spoke to a few of the mullion lads at the home game and they had about 4 out when we won well,although i thought mullion were the better side last 20 minutes.so the 2 games wont count for anything tomorrow night.i know there,s been loads of banter on here this season,but i think thats been good for the league and that its going to the wire with div 1 & 2 wrapped up long ago it makes it interesting!!! i thought the mullion lads were a good bunch when we played them and had some very talented youngsters amongst the experienced players so whatever the score in the semi and outcome in the league,im sure both teams would have to agree that they have been pushed all the way this season by the other.from our point of view losing dave sweet,stu williams,james howman,aaron spear,james graney and steve tyack all in the last month to long term injuries has been a big blow but we,ll still give it a go tomorrow with half a team(ask billy at wendron!!!)with no excuses!!! :( good luck to all in their remaining games,its been an enjoyable season (apart from my bad back!!!) :thumbsup:

that why you keep falling over in our semi final mate? :lol:

Rappo, wasnt aimed at you mate, like you said the banter is always healthy and it shows the high standards we've set ourselves that the league is as close as it is! i personally think both teams would have dropped more points if wasnt for knowing EVERY point is vital this season! As im marking you tomoro hope you are feelin bit rusty!! but i remember u said that when i played you when you were at perranwell haha all the best mate

Aint so much rusty as nearly seized up oldman!!! go easy on me if we get the ball up that far tomorrow night mate!!! :( i didnt fall over i was wiped out pete!!!! especially the one you did on me! apparantly there was an earthquake down porthleven when you hacked me over mate!!! :thumbsup: still cant believe we won that! all the best to you,billy and the boys for next season.reckon you,ll win it with us lot out the way!!!?! :clapper:

yeah well said rappo , i hope it is a good game tommorow , with boths teams having a few out as the red cards have gone through this week and mullion have lost out on two of there promising youngsters :(

but lets just hope its a good game and forget all this banter on the pitch and play the FOOTBALL :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shaggy torres

tell you what boys this is getting intense. pthe pressure is all on trispen now though all mullion can do is beat charharick ( not sure on spelling ) trispen with 2 tough games left 1 not so tough but with their injuries worries you never know any thoughts on how it will go now??

YEAH , tonite being one of them as trispen travel away to play at falmouth athletic !! could go ever ways !

COME ON YOU FALMOUTH ;)

:thumbsup:

yeh,totally agree with mike. 4 hard games still to play!!! even if we get through tonight in a game we must win against a very good athletic who will want to win themselves to get promotion we still have 2 more games after that with a very difficult cup final against penryn in between!!! mullion will beat carharrack unless there is a miracle so would agree all the pressure is on us.thats what its all about though!!! we,ve even got 13 players tonight apparantly!!! but it is 3 oclock! im expecting mike to get a call saying someone has fallen down the stairs or something before kick off!!! Mullion definately favourites but we,ll see what we can do! Good luck Carharrack on saturday!!!!!! :D Seriosly though,well done to Rob and the Mullion lads,you,ve had a great season :clapper:

cheers rappo, i think the biggest compliment we can pay eachother is the fact i havnt ever seen two teams still soo equally matched at this late stage in a season when even goal difference could come into it!!! i'd be lying if i didnt say im hoping for a slip up tonight but in all fairness its been good to have competition because without you boys it would of all been wrapped up weeks ago and i wouldnt come on here every saturday looking for ur results!! i honestly think depending on what happens with the 1st team set up at mullion both teams will be fighting it out with afew next year for promotion!! good luck for rest of the games (kind of) dan :drink: :drink:

yeh,its unreal Dan! one of us could end up coming runners up having only lost one game in the league all season!!!!!! ive never known that to be honest bud!! Good luck at Mullion though,some terrific young players coming through,whatever happens in the league this season,the club looks to have a bright future ahead Dan.all thebest mate :clapper:

Guest dave0911

gunn abe really tight and it sould come down to goal difference, in which case we will need to win like 20-0 against carharrack not really likely to be honest!!! next season will be difficult for the reserves as at least 4 players will step up to our 1st team, thats the goalie, left winger, centre mid, and a player who can play absolutely anywhere, important positions and hard to fill. oh well good luck to trispen in the last 2 games!

Well after a long but rewarding season Mullion signed off today with a thumping 13-0 win over Carrharick so I suppose it's Trispens to take. A two clear goal win against Lizard and it's all Trispens. Whatever the end result this has been a pleasure to be involved in, I can't ever remember a league going to the final day and possibly being decided on goal difference. Congrats to Trispen who have pushed all the way and are now knocking on the door of champions but if Rappo losses his goal scoring boots and Mullion end up the winners it really doesn't matter both sides can be proud of themselves. The leagues top scorers and the leagues best defence are going up to Div.2 and I for one am looking forward to next season already!!

I hate weekends without football.......I'll have to spend time with the wife!!!!!!

Alrite for you Grubber!!! My wife loves football and goes nearly every game!!! agree with you though,really miss saturday's in the summer! wont be the same! you,ve definately put the pressure on for next saturday mate! winning by 2 clear goals is gonna be alot harder than it sounds i reckon! we,ve got penryn on tuesday first as well so i hope the players we,ve got left can struggle through another couple of games!!? really has been one of the closest run ins i can ever remember though,great effort that,banging in 10 in 45 minutes!!! all the best mate :clapper:

For anyone who dont know what we,re on about!!! here is the up to date league positions after Mullion's brilliant 13-1 win over Carharrack today.

1) MULLION 28 25 2 1 95 20 77 +75

2) TRISPEN 27 24 2 1 102 29 74 +73

Trispen must win their final game on saturday against Lizard Argyle by 2 clear goals to knock Mullion off top spot.If not Mullion will be champions.Congratulations to both teams on one of the closest fought league's for years. :clapper:

Well after a long but rewarding season Mullion signed off today with a thumping 13-0 win over Carrharick so I suppose it's Trispens to take. A two clear goal win against Lizard and it's all Trispens. Whatever the end result this has been a pleasure to be involved in, I can't ever remember a league going to the final day and possibly being decided on goal difference. Congrats to Trispen who have pushed all the way and are now knocking on the door of champions but if Rappo losses his goal scoring boots and Mullion end up the winners it really doesn't matter both sides can be proud of themselves. The leagues top scorers and the leagues best defence are going up to Div.2 and I for one am looking forward to next season already!!

I hate weekends without football.......I'll have to spend time with the wife!!!!!!

WELL SUMMED UP GRUBBER, ITS CERTAINLY BEEN THE CLOSEST/MOST EXCITING LEAGUE THAT IVE BEEN INVOLVED IN, EVEN THE LIKES OF PENRYN, WENDRON , FAL ATH AND CURY EVERYONE CAN BEAT EVERYONE ON THERE DAY AND MULLION AND TRISPEN HAVE SHOWN THAT WEVE BOTH HAD FANTASTIC SEASONS, JUST LOOK AT THE LEAGUE TABLE!

IM ALREADY LOOKING FOWARD TO NEXT SEASONS CAMPAIGN HOPEFULLY WE CAN BOTH GET PROMOTION AGAIN AND GET TO FHFL 1 WHERE I THINK WE BOTH BELONG!!? ALSO WELL DONE TO MULLION ON YESTERDAYS RESULT, THUMPING WIN THAT LEAVES ALL THE PRESSURE ON US,AND LIKE RAPPO SAID WINNING BY 2 CLEAR GOALS IS ALOT HARDER THAN IT SOUNDS ESPCIALLY WHEN YOU KNOW A LEAGUE TITLE DEPENDS ON IT!! WELL DONE TO MULLION AND TRISPEN. :thumbsup:

Guest mauricio

For anyone who dont know what we,re on about!!! here is the up to date league positions after Mullion's brilliant 13-1 win over Carharrack today.

1) MULLION 28 25 2 1 95 20 77 +75

2) TRISPEN 27 24 2 1 102 29 74 +73

Trispen must win their final game on saturday against Lizard Argyle by 2 clear goals to knock Mullion off top spot.If not Mullion will be champions.Congratulations to both teams on one of the closest fought league's for years. :clapper:

Hi Rappo

If u win by 2 goals the goal diference will be the same as Mullion. Will u win the league because u scored more goals?

Congratulations to Trispen and Mullion for a great season. Div 2 here we go!

Guest Bananapitch

The leagues top scorers

According to the league table Wendron, Cury and Trispen have all scored more goals than Mullion.

QUOTE(Grubber @ May 16 2009, 08:22 PM)

The leagues top scorers

According to the league table Wendron, Cury and Trispen have all scored more goals than Mullion.

Exactly, that means Trispen are the leagues top scorers and going into Division 2.

Don't worry it took me a couple of seconds to work it out as well.

Guest shaggy torres

gone down too the last game of the season just hope lizard fc do us a favour nxt sat!!! sorry trispen but its likley u are going too win 2 cup finals only fair i think we win the league lol!

Think the spanish league is the only one decided on head to head! yeh mauricio,we have to win by 2 clear,else its yours mate! that would be enough cos we,ve scored more.expecting a strong Lizard team to come up saturday though.no one has made it easy for us yet mate! especially you guys!!! :clapper: ps) not so sure we,ll win 2 cups shaggy! penryn will be well up for it at wendron tuesday after the first final! be a good pitch for those youngsters to give us another runaround! we fancied Carharrack on a smaller pitch so this will be the hard one mate! :unsure: