Cornwall Football Forum

Guest GOOSE ON

Don't think it goes to a shortlist, just straight forward decision at ECPL Committee Meeting at the end of next month.

All applicants will be considered depending on number of vacancies available and whether clubs applying to enter league meet certain criteria.

I personlly think, and it's only an opinion that all 3 from Duchy Prem should go up as St Dennis, Edgcumbe and St Teath could hold their own in that league and have great pitches for Senior Football.

However, out of the 3 applications for re-election and new entry I think that only Dobwalls should be allowed into the East Cornwall next year. No place for Marjons Weds League outfit as lets face it East "Cornwall" should try and stay East Cornwall and not become East Cornwall & Devon combined league, and as for Millbrook I just don't see how they could cope with 3 teams using the pitch down there if Edgcumbe get promoted and would they have enough players to accomodate 3 teams at East Cornwall level in that area with Torpoint, Millbrook & Edgcumbe all being represented!!!!!!

Dobwalls all the way for me as an outsider looking in.......great facilities, well run by a good committee, possibly a new management set up for the 2nd team and pretty much a new team if re-elected.....happy days!!!!!

Don't think it goes to a shortlist, just straight forward decision at ECPL Committee Meeting at the end of next month.

All applicants will be considered depending on number of vacancies available and whether clubs applying to enter league meet certain criteria.

I personlly think, and it's only an opinion that all 3 from Duchy Prem should go up as St Dennis, Edgcumbe and St Teath could hold their own in that league and have great pitches for Senior Football.

However, out of the 3 applications for re-election and new entry I think that only Dobwalls should be allowed into the East Cornwall next year. No place for Marjons Weds League outfit as lets face it East "Cornwall" should try and stay East Cornwall and not become East Cornwall & Devon combined league, and as for Millbrook I just don't see how they could cope with 3 teams using the pitch down there if Edgcumbe get promoted and would they have enough players to accomodate 3 teams at East Cornwall level in that area with Torpoint, Millbrook & Edgcumbe all being represented!!!!!!

Dobwalls all the way for me as an outsider looking in.......great facilities, well run by a good committee, possibly a new management set up for the 2nd team and pretty much a new team if re-elected.....happy days!!!!!

Are you having a pop at the Plymouth teams already in the ECPL ?

Any clubs coming in (other than the Duchy Premier champions, facilities and eligibility permitting - Torpoint couldn't go up as they already have an ECPL team) would have to be voted in by the member clubs.

I wonder how many would choose to vote for Millbrook, without a team, and proposing to "evict" Edgecombe, ahead of an Edgecombe side who have been outstanding in Duchy Premier this year, and who have done the hard work in coming from Duchy 4 all the way through?

And no, I'm not connected with Edgecombe!

Guest GOOSE ON

Hedgerow....off the soap box son!!!!

Not having a pop at anyone or anything....just expressing an opinion........

Couldn't really give a c**p who gets in and who doesn't, but in "my opinion" if I had a choice then Marjons would be last on the list and from a footballing perspective what's the point of a league called the East "Cornwall" League which is governed and sanctioned by "Cornwall" F.A if it looks to Plymouth and Devon teams to constantly make up the numbers.......first things first with everything in life not just football, look after your own!!!!

Guest fromacrossthewater

GOOSE ON - sounds like you do give a c**p SON!!

So if you are of the opinion of not allowing Plymouth/Devon teams into the league then what do you propose to do about the teams already in the league....eh???

eg... Parkway, Elburton, Plymstock, Holsworthy, Bere Alston..... (all clubs that have a good set up and reasonable to good pitches)

Lets get one thing bloody straight. What is it with some people. The league is just a name. The constituion says 'THE AREA COVERED BY THE COMPETITION MEMEBERSHIP SHALL BE CORNWALL AND DEVON. How black and ruddy white do you want it to be.

How many more times do we have to go through this nonsensical argument And yes I agree with others that the league should be renamed East Cornwall and West Devon League.

Don't forget many of the clubs in the league were in the old Plymouth & District League back in the early 60's, I didn't here any voices of dissent from Devon then so why now. It was great to travel to Bideford and Dartmouth etc it was a huge league. This league was born out of the P&D League or it would most probably never got off the ground.

You go on about Marjons. When all is in place Marjons will have a fantastic professionally minded set up and yes the team will not be all students as I understand it so forget this nonsense of matches not being played etc. It has to be the dream of every player to play on the best potches and the best facilitites

In any case this is SENIOR football I was at Callington on Saturday and their Duchy side played Perranporth How far away is that for goodness sake We have clubs in the West of the league complaining about travelling, try going back into the Duchy League, that covers a huge area will the players want to travel then?

And yes that is exactly waht the league is doing LOOKING AFTER ITS OWN

Good on you ECPL. I am glad you have spoken out and got things off your chest.

If Goose ON had his way Cornwall would float away from Devon(England) and be a Country/County all on its on. I see no problem in the set up that we have, as long as there is plenty of good competition. GOOSE ON - READ THE CONSTITUION

Guest GOOSE ON

Sorry chaps........didn't mean to ruffle any feathers!!!!

So apologise to those who have let off a bit of steam on this topic in the past 12 hours......

No harm intended and just an opinion.....obviously though I stand corrected.

Not that I know of and why should they. The league is affiliated to the CCFA who sanction it. The league is only sanctioned by one county assocoation.

The CCFA don't put anything in either. They just take, all those lovely affiliation fees, registrations, fines etc.