Cornwall Football Forum

Spear FC

Guest local_football_supporter

Guest local_football_supporter

My son plays for a local u18 team in the djm. He has just come home and tells me that spear FC lost again in the league today and will now struggle to get 2nd spot.

By all accounts they wont win the league now. They lost in the semi of the league cup against a team 2nd bottom in the league and got to the rathbone trophy final without having to play any seriosu contenders.

Apprently at the start of the season Spear FC ( then millbrook u18) were telling people that they would walk the league this season and any cups they enter due to last seasons plymstock team being to old to play u18 now.

I keep an eye on the u18 scene because of my son , and remember a fall out between millbrook and this team , alot of the blame was put on the manager dane bunney. Since then i still see a few on here who represent this team havng a dig at the way bunney ran the team. If im not mistaken they finished 2nd in a league that was considered much harder last season. Lost in the semi of the league cup to plymstock , and got to the final of the rathbone trophy beating both penzance and truro away from home to get there.

I ask the people at Spear , You keep going on about how experienced your two managers are at youth level but what good has it served????????

You have a good group of youngsters and you have wasted there talent . By the looks of things bunney got the best out of them. ,

I hope he goes on next season to prove you wrong, you have taken great delight in blasting a young ambitious manager ( volunter) all season long , yet your own team hasnt been able to back your words up ! athough his millbrook side are struggling this season i have heard he is learning his trade fast and is set to become a good manager.

good luck to mr bunney and millbrook in the future

I have seen first hand what Millbrook u18's now Speare FC have been like this and last season and to be fair they have been good opposition for us every game played.

Last season they finished 2nd (Villa 3rd) beating us twice, Semi in league cup and Cornish Final. Plymstock Utd did the DJM double and they got to the Devon Final yet we beat them twice 3-2 & 0-1 so they weren't unbeatable!

This season Speare should finish in the top 3, Semi in league cup and another Cornish Final. Now looking at that I would say honours about even and still with the Final to play!

I know both past and current management and would say there is a difference in styles but we aint all the same on the sidelines! I think there may have been a change in a few players also?

If you were to ask me which season was harder, I would say last, but credit is not to be taken away from Speare for this seasons efforts or any other teams!

On that note, all the best to Speare FC for your County Final and all the best to Dane with Millbrook!

this is typical of whats wrong with youth football surely the young players should be encouraged to develop their skills.putting pressure on them to win trophies all the time will take away their enjoyment and possibly lead to them leaving the game :angry2: the last thing they need is an adult with an ego to win all the trophy's.football is a marathon not a sprint they should want to play for a long time and not just in their youth.perhaps this is why men's teams are struggling to raise sides on a saturday on a more regular occurance. as we keep seeing on this website. don't get me wrong i want to win every game i am involved in but to develop a player they also need to learn how to lose if they are to become better players. :c:

sorry postman pat but if it wasnt for dane and the job he has done then he could quite simply stop spear being represented at all. you must know that with millbrook it was always going to be a hard task but what he has done is just the beginning of a good plan. every year a team re-builds and improves and thats what he intends to do next season with a couple more sides representing millbrook and that is all down to danes work and his attitude to youth football. dane is enthusiastic bout the game, theres no point in playing for no trohpies is it.

Guest tiger woods

cheers to all danes friends for that superb effort of trying to have a dig at a team in a bit of a rut at the moment. REAL MATURE!!!

although the under 18s have lost a few on the bounce and are struggling at present they all find the management team alot easier to work with and develop under.

if you want my opinion, i believe the league is tougher this year.

Bere alston have a quality side and Elburton villa have improved on last year and also have a decent side.

Also the likes of kitto parkway are alot of faces from old activate players and they can play great football at times.

Speare still are one of the best 18s in the league and with still to play bere alston and elburton again who knows what might happen.

cheers

Posting slightly harsh 'club with an attitude' Ha! Ha! please!! i'm guessing another of Dane's bum boys having ago at local youth players again 'you need to grow up'. Anyway football supporter what do you know, havent you taken a team to join your loved one Ha! Ha! at Millbrook next year? hey i could be wrong!! And who's to say which season was harder, some very good teams this year as last, Bere Alston 'excellant young players who have pace and fitness' then Elburton 'very strong all over the pitch' both teams who have beaten Speare recently and no complaints but i'm sure the managerment would have been happy to have made another county cup final and definately disappointed at not pushing harder for the title but hey thats the beauty of football. As for having a go at Mr Bunney you really need to do you research better, there was issues and teams parted end of story dont think there's been anything about Millbrook for ages? And also having a go at another management teams just shows your immaturity again facts, two different teams from last to this season 'you really should do some research' Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

And callymike Dane cannot stop Speare representing anything and never could have because believe me if he could he would have!!

Good luck to everyone in football with posts like this. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I think its unfair to come on and slate speare FC, you dont see it done to any other teams, trying to knock us down as much as possible.

unfortunately we have had our blip at a time when we have played teams that can capitalise on our misfortune and at the buisniess end of the season. i agree that this season is tougher as last season we were all young and niave and enthusiastic and that works in ones favour sometimes! this season it seems weve lost that enthusiasm and confidence in our ability which is a shame but now we have to focus on our rathbone final which by the way we've reached twice in a row so we cant be as poor as we are being made out to be. hopefully this year we will put it right! and as for the league, yes we our definately outsiders now but anything can happen. this year we are definately a more close knit team its just time we put it right now and get over this blip like any team should!

Guest keano

I have never commented publicly on the youth team saga and will be starting now , i thought that was over with.

but i do still speak to some of the players on a regular basis and would like to wish all the players at speare fc all the best for your cup final. I genuinelly hope you manage to put right the wrongs from last seasons final.

Couldnt agree more well done Keano!! Well done to your team for a great result at the weekend and good luck for your future and Millbrook. Lets now get over all this sniping at each other and just play good football. Happy days, we have Bere Alston tonight at St Dominic all supporters welcome 6.30pm kick off. :smiley20: