Cornwall Football Forum

What Cup was that? I've watched nearly all of Torpoint's games this season and don't remember them playing in it? I know they got beat in 1 Cup game but i thought that was the League Cup for both League's. Was there a seperate Div 1 League Cup as well or something?

Sticker are a decent side and of course have Chris Kitson banging them in ona regular basis.

They have made a good acquisition in Frankie McEvoy and their RB (Johnny Walker??) also has great delivery from wide areas (a bit like Dan Chapman at Torpoint).

Having said that after losing Lee Howells at CD and going two down we came back really well to get in front on Saturday and should have seen the game out only to be denied by a harsh penalty decision and then were hanging on a bit in the final 5 minutes.

The midfield battle between Saltash and Sticker will be a good one....Andy Avery is Sticker's driving force but the young lad Dingle is the playmaker....Him and our young lad Warren Daw had a great battle on Saturday and Will Westlake and Avery were at each other all afternoon.

I'm sure Saltash will have enough up front to cause Stickers two CD's plenty of problems, but Saltash will have to keep a tight rein on Kitson.

Should be a good game, but with home advantage I'd take Saltash to edge it.....Torpoint's title though (by about 5 or 6 pts)

Parkway 6 Bude 1

Parkway thoroughly deserved to win this match against a depleted Bude squad. Many players playing with injuries or illnesses didnt help the cause but Parkways first half performance was superb. Second half we improved and showed some spirit and had a clear cut penalty for handball that the ref didnt give at 4-1 and a couple of other good chances had of gone in it may have been a different story but overall Parkway deserved the victory. Dont understand why the need for 2 legs in a semi? Seems a bit pointless. Good luck to Parkway in the final. We will be concentrating on the league now.

No IFS or BUTS bicks we had other chances which could have gone in just like you, like hitting the bar etc, and your team looked stronger than the one that played in the first leg with billy being upfront not doing much and your right back was different to the old guy from the first leg. you gio midfielder started this game aswell and he looked tasty till he came off injured so i would say you fielded a better 11.

where is the final being held?

Yeah you could say arguably we fielded a better side but when i say we had players injured/illness i mean they actually still played through it, 4 players i could name that wernt 100% fit and that cost us as you could see you lot were quicker to everything and wanted it more. As i said you deserved it, just make sure you beat st stephens in the league for us.