Cornwall Football Forum

Argyle in trouble?

Guest Sport Lover

Guest Sport Lover

Argyle could be in real trouble if the super hoops can get 3 points next weekend and other reults go against them. Not that it would be funny or anything :D

Yeah it's not looking too promising is it?! We seem hell bent on making it as difficult for ourselves as we can! Read a few reports on various web sites and they all pretty much say that we struggled to even fashion a decent goal scoring opportunity in yesterdays game. Sturrock should of had us bang up for it! Penultimate home game with so much on the line, but it just didn't happen. Knowing us we will probably go to London and get a result now though! Squeaky bum time that's for sure!

that was a big result for argyle yesterday meaning there is only 1 real relegation spot up for grabs and i can see barnsley arriving at home park sunday week with both teams knowing defeat could send them down good job ive already got me tickets.......

It's a good job that they won surprisingly at Wolves and Blackpool and drew with birmingham or they could nearly be down already.

Sad to see Charlton go down but I think i may have to make a trip back home for when they play Millwall.........

Guest Man on the Post

I think the key game for Plymouths survival, (apart from theIr own), is Norwich v Reading next weekend. If Reading win then Plymouth should be OK. :thumbsup:

Guest Man on the Post

Argyle now safe and even more likely to be playing Newcastle next season! :thumbsup:

All Argyle need now is a change of manager! Any suggestions?

Argyle now safe and even more likely to be playing Newcastle next season! :thumbsup:

All Argyle need now is a change of manager! Any suggestions?

Tony Adams :unsure: , Sven Goran Ericsson :o , Kevin Keegan :( , Lawrie Sanchez :mellow: ... All perfectly capable candidates and as far as I'm aware, all also currently unemployed?. However, I say there is one candidate that is PERFECT and ready to step upto the plate and will be welcomed with open arms by the home park faithful... That man's name...... Ladies and Gentlemen I give you IAN HOLLOWAY :thumbsup:

As with Sturrock it's been proved that second time around never works! :SM_carton:

Believe me mate, I was not being serious. Could you really see old hollowword being welcomed through the gates of home park again? He'd be strung up.

i dont think they get your humour ,coopsie :clapper::clapper:

I know buddy, I thought the emoticons etc would have made it glaringly obvious that it was pure lightheareted sarcasm, however, I guess I was mistaken?. How you doing anyway my friend, family and grandchildren all well?. :c:

As with Sturrock it's been proved that second time around never works! :SM_carton:

Believe me mate, I was not being serious. Could you really see old hollowword being welcomed through the gates of home park again? He'd be strung up.

i dont think they get your humour ,coopsie :clapper::clapper:

I know buddy, I thought the emoticons etc would have made it glaringly obvious that it was pure lightheareted sarcasm, however, I guess I was mistaken?. How you doing anyway my friend, family and grandchildren all well?. :c:

yes thanks mate ,alls good,taking me good lady.back to see her long lost hub caps,liverpool v newcasle,hope you and the family,are doing fine :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with the manager, just had a bad season The one thing I have noticed about Sturrock is that he learns by his mistakes. In any case why do we want a manager who will only use the club as a stpeptng stone, take Pulis and Holloword for instance. in any case Argyle are to big a club for Holloword

Nothing wrong with the manager, just had a bad season The one thing I have noticed about Sturrock is that he learns by his mistakes. In any case why do we want a manager who will only use the club as a stpeptng stone, take Pulis and Holloword for instance. in any case Argyle are to big a club for Holloword

whos this HOLLOWORD, :blink:

Guest Man on the Post

ECPL, do you like the style of football played by Argyle under Sturrock? It will never be successful in the championship. This season Argyle have scored 13 goals in 23 away games which is the lowest in any division from the Championship down to the Conference North and South Divisions. Only 11 in open play if you exclude the 2 penalties. :angry2:

coopsie noone is one of the youngsters that sturrock has picked up from non league football(southport) i think.people may well say that ARGYLE have had a poor season but sturrock did say that it was a big job and i believe that he is laying the foundations for the future with players like noone , mackie and barnes.yes most of our performers have been loan players but i believe that next season will be a better one.sturrock has been quoted in the press as saying that he is going to change the organisation of the club.we have a very strong youth set up and a qaulity coach in mike pejic and the new young coach has just come back from a visit to old trafford to see their youth set up so the club in my eyes is building and getting stronger but!! results are what matter at the end of the day. :c:

ONCE A GREEN ALWAYS A GREEN :thumbsup::smiley20: :drink: