Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 18/04/2009

Guest Benny4

Chacewater 2 - Newlyn NA 3

Newlyn prob the better team, wanted it more, there 2nd and 3rd goals came from basic defensive errors but they took there chances well, fair play, newlyn probably go on to win the league now, chacewater throw it away once again with players playing out of position, same old story

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd Res. 1 .v. Storm Res. 0

On the balance of play we probably deserved to win today against a very good Storm side. 0-0 half time, both sides playing good football in spells but it was very stop start and brinked on becoming farcical after some poor decisions from the referee and the visiting linesman ( who is signed on for Trevenson!? ). Many shoves in the back and a couple of off the ball incidents were not dealt with and it bred a spell of late challenges, feet being left in and as I said general stop start play. Second half Storm came into the game strongly, putting an extra man up top and supporting well. They constantly looked to launch the ball high an long to put us under pressure and managed a few shots on goal. It was backs to the wall stuff for a period but we managed to hold firm. We scored the winner with about 10 mins left, the ball was switched from right to left and Stu Rule scored from just inside the box lashing the ball across Matt Osborn in the Storm goal. A cracking result for us as we look to build something for next season. 1 game left unfortunately - Ludgvan Res. at home in 2 weeks.

Jubilee Cup

Mount Ambrose v Crown Inn Glory not played as Crown could not raise a side.Mount now play Newlyn in the semi-final at St.Buryan on Tuesday.

Div 3

St.Ives Mariners 11 Newlyn NA 0

HALSETOWN 1 GWINEAR 3 ARTHUR PEARCE Q/F, GOOD LUCK TOO GWINEAR IN SEMI, THEY WANTED IT MORE, DISSAPOINTING END TO SEASON,

Guest Norry

mining league two

sennen 6 v goonhavern 1

good result played really well in first half...goonhavern never really gave us any problems..

even the weather was nice....some great goals as well to boot....

goals from....paul jackson.phil butler.curtis ladner.steve jones.dave rowe.and paul angove. :clapper::):thumbsup: much much better..

Tms 0 v St Agnes 4 ,ok game good luck to tms for the rest of season . We had £40 nicked from the changing room has this happened before . good luck lads

Bloody hell, thats never happened wellsy and apologies from the club and we'll defo look into it, there seems to be alot of that today i was playing down at storm with the 1st's and one of our boys had £35 nicked! there are some little arseholes out there and there is no place for it! :angry2::angry2::SM_carton:

Storm 1 Threemilestone 1 (ht 1-1)

Really competitive game with both sides missing players, we took the lead from a well worked corner and from the punch out from the corner Ant Caddy poked home to give us a deserved lead, Storm came back and due to our own doing we gifted storm a goal. 2nd half very similar with both teams creating chances and

with myself missing a couple of chances which should've wrapped up the game, but in the end probably a fair result and once again the TMS boys worked really hard till the end, good luck to storm for the remainder of the season! ;) ;)

Guest Mouth

Newlyn prob the better team, wanted it more, there 2nd and 3rd goals came from basic defensive errors but they took there chances well, fair play, newlyn probably go on to win the league now, chacewater throw it away once again with players playing out of position, same old story

Chacewater 2 - 3 Newlyn NA

A top of the table clash which was always bound to be a close affair. Although not the prettiest of games, both teams gave it their all for the majority of the 90 minutes, with Newlyn edging it in the end.

After a positive start from the Crabs, Chacewater took the lead when a long ball took a wicked bounce past Pete Bainbridge in the Newlyn goal, allowing their no. 7 to tap in from a few yards. Chacewater continued to apply pressure, but Newlyn slowly got their composure back and began to take hold of the match. John Kerrison's corner just before half time, fell kindly to Andrew Palmer who prodded the ball home. Half-time 1-1.

The second half was balanced on a knife edge, with neither team carving any clear-cut chances for their strikers. With around 70 minutes on the clock, Kerrison broke down the left and cut it back for skipper Louis Vanhinsbergh who drilled the ball home from 20 yards. If ever there was time for a captain's goal, it was then. 1-2. Chace brought on a couple of subs and began to create a few more chances, but the all 5 of the Crab's backline produced outstanding performances, with Bainbridge pulling off a couple of vital saves.

With minutes remaining, Newlyn brought on Cameron Carter and Will Wiltshire to pack the midfield, and a quick counter attack resulted with Charlie Quinn being put clean through on goal, only to lose his footing at a crucial moment. Fortunately for us, so did the Chacewater defender, giving John Kerrison the perfect opportunity to make it 1-3. Perhaps being a little premature in celebrating, Newlyn stood still as a deep Chace free-kick was well headed in. Still, time was on our side, and the Crabs held out for a vital victory.

A huge game for us Newlyn boys, and once again with our backs against the wall we showed great character in turning the game around. It was also nice to give a good account of ourselves after our dismal display on the first game of the season. Still, with a tough run-in ahead of us, we have to prove we can show that same commitment right up until the end of the season.

Thank you to Chacewater for the hospitality, and to the referee who did a good job throughout.

Guest basil

what a refreshing change to normal write ups - you speak with respect. Respect was the main thing today, both teams played with all and could have gone either way. Feel whacked after that game and all still to play for . good luck wed.

Guest Luffy

%7Boption%7D

Tms 0 v St Agnes 4 ,ok game good luck to tms for the rest of season . We had £40 nicked from the changing room has this happened before . good luck lads

Bloody hell, thats never happened wellsy and apologies from the club and we'll defo look into it, there seems to be alot of that today i was playing down at storm with the 1st's and one of our boys had £35 nicked! there are some little arseholes out there and there is no place for it! :angry2::angry2::SM_carton:

Storm 1 vs 1 Threemilestone (HT 1-1)

TMS GS: Antony Caddy.

Really competitive game with both sides missing players, we took the lead from a well worked corner and from the punch out from the corner Ant Caddy poked home to give us a deserved lead, Storm came back and due to our own doing we gifted storm a goal. 2nd half very similar with both teams creating chances and

with myself missing a couple of chances (sitters)which should've wrapped up the game, but in the end probably a fair result and once again the TMS boys worked really hard till the end, good luck to storm for the remainder of the season! ;);)

Well done to everyone who played today, a really enjoyable encounter with plenty of goalmouth action, and full blooded comittment by both teams. I have to admit that I was very happy with the performance and on another day we may have taken all 3 pts ( then again on another day we may have left with none) a draw was a fair result and if we can continue to play like that for the rest of the season then we should finish on a high. Great work and effort lads keep it up. :yahoo::thumbsup: :clapper:

Mining 1

Gulval 4 Spice 3

Redruth 2 Illogan 3

St Buryan 2 Trevenson 1

Mining 2

Chasewater 2 Newlyn3

Illogan 2 Portreath 1

Sennen 6 Goonhaven 1

TMS 0 St Agnes 4

Mining 3

MADRON 0 ST BURYAN 2

Pendeen 1 Gulval 5

St Ives Mariners 11 Newlyn NA 0

Trevenson Res 1 Storm 0

Arthur Cup Cup Round 3

Halestown 1 Gwinear Churchtown 3

thats funny we played storm at home and gary bell had 600 pounds nicked ,then we played storm away and scott grant had 170 taken ,it takes the piss

I hope that isn't a suggestion that Storm are taking money? Our keeper had £30 go missing against TMS as well!

Keep in mind that during both Storm vs Troon games there were 2 sets of players and supporters present.

If it was someone in the Storm squad I am sure they would not be welcome at the club anymore! They would certainly lose the respect of the rest of the team!

thats funny we played storm at home and gary bell had 600 pounds nicked ,then we played storm away and scott grant had 170 taken ,it takes the piss

who the hell takes that amount of money to a football game and like said in the comment before this why not leave it in your car?

As from next week we will have new locks installed on both changing rooms and the referee's room at Storm, In 8 years of being involved with the club this is the first time this has happened to us at our pitch and it is shocking the depths some people will sink to!

I would just like to reiterate what fatso said and IF it was anyone at our club they would be gone immediately and if I catch them, on the end of a hiding aswell thieving scum!

Guest CNB 14

Cornish new boys 8-3 Wendron 5ths

Tom Willybey 4

Simon Dawson 2

Josh Baker 1

Blake Baker 1

good game all in all, wendron worked very hard to their credit, and had a couple of decent players in their side! some great goals scored by newboys, from tom, josh, josh's younger brother blake also scoring a great goal simlar to his brothers strike! and a powerful header from dawson aswell but i don't want to brag lol! :c::yahoo:

wendron played in a good spirit! :thumbsup:

Guest Markdavis

Pendeen 2 - 1 Ludgvan

Lugvan faced up against a very much stonger pendeen side than the one we scored 8 past a few weeks ago, A very hard physical game ensued. Ludgvan scored first and then had a further 2 goals struck off for offside by a flag happy linesman which was a bit dubious!!

Pendeen persisted with the long ball approch to completely bypass the midfield and rely on there 6ft plus players to hold the ball up, they finally got there reward just before half time catching ludgvan on the counter attack. A second similar goal was enough to gain them the win.

overall a poor performance by a depleted ludgvan side out battled by a much changed pendeen team.

Guest Tezza11

With regards to the game at Storm, there is no finger pointing to players as I'm sure in all of our experience we have enough respect for each other in the mining league not to go about taking money from changing rooms. In my 9 years playing football I have never had money stolen and I guess this supports the trust in the mining league...... However unfortunately I had £35 stolen this week... "note to self leave it in the car" Recession hits people hard!!!!! I had to have beans on toast instead of the indian that the money was taken out for!!!!!! :angry2:

Pendeen 2 - 1 Ludgvan

Lugvan faced up against a very much stonger pendeen side than the one we scored 8 past a few weeks ago, A very hard physical game ensued. Ludgvan scored first and then had a further 2 goals struck off for offside by a flag happy linesman which was a bit dubious!!

Pendeen persisted with the long ball approch to completely bypass the midfield and rely on there 6ft plus players to hold the ball up, they finally got there reward just before half time catching ludgvan on the counter attack. A second similar goal was enough to gain them the win.

overall a poor performance by a depleted ludgvan side out battled by a much changed pendeen team.

You sure you were at the game you scored your goal on a counter attack!!! and we had one 6footer up front who was due a game!!! i played in mid and had plenty of touches thanks take the defeat on the chin and get on with it! what went wrong today at storm?! :o