Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin v Porthleven

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

G v Port. With no Newquay side playing tomorrow (Sat 18th April), G can expect another invasion of Peppermints fans for the second week running. Nice cup of tea and a pasty at half time please Tania.

G v Port. With no Newquay side playing tomorrow (Sat 18th April), G can expect another invasion of Peppermints fans for the second week running. Nice cup of tea and a pasty at half time please Tania.

Well we didn't realise, that we would be amongst such high flying folk, those mentioned on national TV for the last week or so, yes the G20 were out today, aided and abetted by the Newquay 50 and Port 3. Where were the famous G Army ?

Usual respect and hospitality from the G officials towards the Newquay loyal who turned out to keep an eye on next weeks opposition, many thanks to Tania & Muffy. As far as the game went, G took the lead on 10mins, Port equalised 5mins later, after that it was all G in the first half as the home side made the Title hopefuls look awful, which to be fair, they were. G are currently a poor side but Port were one of the worst sides we have seen all season, we just wish we had played them today, the cricket season has started and Newquay would have been racking up the points difference.

2nd half and Port did manage a 10min spell where they could have taken advantage of the slack G defence, but were just as poor going forward as they were in defence. G turned things around and at times played some good football, a shame the forwards just blasted straight at the keeper on 3 occasions. Port thjought they has grabbed a point a minute from the end but for the home linos flag. The ref decided he needed a word with the lino and from the far end of the ground, we all thought it should have stood. However, the ref decided offside was the correct decision, which upset Vidal greatly. The result of 2-1 to G was fair, Port didn't deserve anything from the game.

Vidal hadn't finished moaning though, with the Manager Marks, only telling folk at 10am that he would be missing to watch Chels v Arse at Wembley, surely his days are numbered.

We look forward to Port visiting Mount Wise next Sat, please keep the same 11 as Newquay need to rack up their goal difference.

A massive Well done to all the lads for a fantastic response to last weeks defeat against Newquay.

After playing so poorly last week the boys showed their character to bounce back and out-play one of the top sides in Cornish football for long periods of the match.

We may have a zero budget,but the pride and spirit at the Club was on show for all to see again today.

Not many teams could have bounced back with that kind of performance, given the quality of the opposition !!

Sorry Judge I can,t agree with you ,G were not a bad side they played with spirt and determination,however I was disappointed with Port who looked anything but title contenders.One game though doe,s not make a season.

Lets hope they play as bad next week against us ,but I expect we will be in for a tough game.

Im more with Bazzer on this one, I thought G showed great character to bounce back especially in the second half. I thought Port looked stronger in the first half but Godolphin got what they deserved in the end with a terrific 2nd half (was very impressed with the no.10).

With regard to the last minute "goal", I couldnt see if the guy was offside but I will say that he was in a very advanced postion and when the shot was tipped his way he became active I guess.

Great result for G and maybe just a greater result for Newquay?

the future definately looks bright for the G, i think there were 3 players over the age of 22 in the squad yesterday, with the majority aged 17-19. if they can keep the team together, i expect to see them challenging for trophies soon, and like derek has said, thats without paying their players!

keep up the good work!