Cornwall Football Forum

FHL 3 - Trispen vs Falmouth Athletic Reserves

Guest Burnley

Guest Burnley

Result - Trispen 2 Falmouth Athletic 1

Probably the worst performance from a referee i've seen in the FHL ever.

Its not very handy when you come to your biggest game of the season, looking for promotion.........................i wont say anything more.

I guess you just have to accept it.

And as for the 2 teams. If we were gonna lose for the first time since november, i'd have prefered it if we were beaten by better football and more desire to win.

But we were up against a bunch of players who frankly didnt want it as much, and that lineo wants to get his tourettes sorted before saturday jesus christ!

I can't see how Trispen have only been beaten once this season! we're they missing half their team?

Can't wait to get them on a pitch that isnt, that will be interesting!

Guest Burt Dingle

I dont agree with burnley i watched the game tonite and thought the referee did a good job and thought the athletic team gave him alot of stick that wasnt deserved. i will agree with one thing tho i havent seen our side trispen play that bad all season and at times to nite they played some very poor football and maybe over all athletic did deserve to win it. sayin that tho i dont think athletic are a very good side and apart from steve coggin and the 2 lads up front for them (dont know there names) i thought they were very poor and if they are promoted this season it just shows how poor the standard of div 3 is this year.

Result - Trispen 2 Falmouth Athletic 1

Probably the worst performance from a referee i've seen in the FHL ever.

Its not very handy when you come to your biggest game of the season, looking for promotion.........................i wont say anything more.

I guess you just have to accept it.

And as for the 2 teams. If we were gonna lose for the first time since november, i'd have prefered it if we were beaten by better football and more desire to win.

But we were up against a bunch of players who frankly didnt want it as much, and that lineo wants to get his tourettes sorted before saturday jesus christ!

I can't see how Trispen have only been beaten once this season! we're they missing half their team?

Can't wait to get them on a pitch that isnt, that will be interesting!

TOO NOT PLAY VERY WELL AT ALL AND STILL WIN MUST SAY IT ALL AND TO BE FAIR .IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 5 OR 6 BY THE END OF THE NIGHT IF IT HADNT BEEN FOR SOME POOR FINISHING FROM US. FALMOUTH DIDNT REALLY HAVE MUCH TO OFFER OTHER THAN A GOOD STRIKE FROM YOUR FOWARD TO GET THE GOAL YOU DIDNT CREATE MUCH. YOU ALSO WONT HAVE STEVE COGGINS AND LAD AT THE BACK FOR SATURDAY AS THEY WILL RETURN TO YOUR 1ST TEAM....

BURNLEY, THE REASON THAT WE HAVE ONLY LOST GAME THIS SEASON IS THE FACT THAT IN GAMES LIKE TONIGHT WHEN YOU DONT PLAY WELL(BELIVE ME WHEN RAPPO MISSES A PENALTY AFTER NETTING 56 IN A ROW!!!!) YOU STILL GET THREE POINTS AN THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. NO EXTRA POINTS FOR PLAYING PRITTY FOOTBALL IM AFRAID AND THATS WHAT WINNING TITLES IS ALL ABOUT. THERE IS ONE THING FOR SURE, I DONT THINK ITS POSSIBLE FOR US TO PLAY THAT BAD TWICE AGAINST THE SAME TEAM!

MESSAGE FOR RAPPO: HEAD UP BUD ON THE PENALTY MISS . I RECALL REBERTO BAGGIO MISSING A PENALTY IN THE WORLD CUP FINAL ONCE AND ERIC CANTONA MISSED ONE IN HIS WHOLE CAREER SO IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF THEM MATE.

ROLL ON SATURDAY.. THEN MONDAY .... THEN THURSDAY... THEN SATURDAY................

As manager of Fal Ath 2nd's I have to say the following:

First of all Trispen were lucky and they know it.

Rappos first goal was offside. Since when did Rappo ever RUN behind a player?

2nd goal was out for a goal kick. Our players even stopped running it was that clear.

And we had 8 (YES EIGHT) players unavailable.

Poor football Dingle? I think your an alias behind a name we all know.

Especially as its your first comment on this website. Yes, your a bit of a tool.

No wonder no club wants you. Moron

Give the ref stick? Think we gave away less fouls.

The standard of Div 34 this year is pretty high.

Mullion, Cury, Trispen, Penryn (dare I say!) Wendron and ourselves would hold our own in Div 2.

Look forward to playing Trispen again on Sat. Expect a different team for us.

After tonights robbery we are gunning for you. Big style.

But hey, thats football.

TRISPEN 2 (Rapsey 79,Taylor 83)

FAL.ATHLETIC 1 (Foote 64? )

Agree with alot of what the lads said.to answer burnley,we did have 4 or 5 players out! ex senior players such as dave sweet and tom randell would be missed by any team at this level.for 70 minutes you definately had more commitment and fully deserved the lead.the pitch isnt great and more often than not we play better football away from home.as for the ref,mr keemer,it probably wasnt his best game ever but he,s been around a long time and refereed a good level of football and has alot of respect in the game.we all make mistakes,so why cant a ref make a few without getting abused.as for the lino,s i thought as far as club linesman go they were both very fair and excellent! seen alot worse this season i can tell you!!! to answer burt,i agree, we were as bad tonight as at anytime during the season and how we won i dont know!just a decent last 20 minutes. perhaps all the games are catching up with us abit!? as for athletic,i thought they were a good side and would think they have a great chance of going up! they scored a great goal as well.the cup game will be even tougher on saturday i would imagine with a few injuries picked up tonight.coggs is obviously class and stives had a great game turning back the years in midfield with some lively youngsters,although my old mate mike c is more of a danger up front i reckon. :thumbsup:

p.s) well done bushy.hope to see you in the final mate!? we will have to play alot better than this though!!! :clapper:

Trispinho: What lad at the back wont we have Sat?

Maldini, Ferdinand, Terry. No wait I got it.........Phil Neville!

You make yourselves sound so hard done by.

You nearly got turned over by our B-Team at Your own ground.

To try and score Rappo even attempted to punch it in our net!

Great guy. Smashing bloke. But he knows it!

As for your poor finishing? We were all over you first half like a Camborne girl eating a pasty!

At least have the decency to admit credit where its due.

A raw was a fair result.

You make it sound like your fu*king Brazil.

See you Sat.

No doubt we shall pile it full off 1st teamers.

Esp as they have an important cup game down at Mousehole! Trispinho you tit

Cheers Rappo. A fair and honest account. Nearly! Ha Ha.

Have you got the ball back from your penalty smash?

p.s) missed my first penalty since 2002 for perranwell!!! at 0-1 down as well! know how john terry feels now! standing foot slid 6 inches and the next thing the balls over the bar!!!!! 56 out of 57 grah! take the positives!!!

pps) we were lucky mike,you were the better team no doubt.ive had about 20 goals dissallowed this season from various club lino,s so perhaps i was due one! thought i was on though must admit! see you saturday. :angry2:

Rappo you did make a comment about David Beckham after your miss.

But your wrong. Your far more handsome! HA HAHA

Is the ball still in orbit?

And you were never on!

But like I said, thats football. an even game.

I notice Twatpino never mentioned our missed sitter or one on one!

At least your a diplomat buddy

As manager of Fal Ath 2nd's I have to say the following:

First of all Trispen were lucky and they know it.

Rappos first goal was offside. Since when did Rappo ever RUN behind a player?

2nd goal was out for a goal kick. Our players even stopped running it was that clear.

And we had 8 (YES EIGHT) players unavailable.

Poor football Dingle? I think your an alias behind a name we all know.

Especially as its your first comment on this website. Yes, your a bit of a tool.

No wonder no club wants you. Moron

Give the ref stick? Think we gave away less fouls.

The standard of Div 34 this year is pretty high.

Mullion, Cury, Trispen, Penryn (dare I say!) Wendron and ourselves would hold our own in Div 2.

Look forward to playing Trispen again on Sat. Expect a different team for us.

After tonights robbery we are gunning for you. Big style.

But hey, thats football.

I CAN REMEMBER RAPPO RUNNING BEHIND QUITE A FEW PLAYERS

Trispinho your name keeps cropping up usally involved with slagging off other teams !!!! mate its third division football express yourself by all means but do it out on the field, I'm sure by the wat you speake you are Trispins best player and they would struggle without so save it for the games mate. There you are some nice comments, please take them onboard and in future return a few..

Have to agree with Python.

Twatpinho always slaggs other teams and players off. Some hero he is.

As for me being gobby, dont you like it when we have a dig back?

Or is it not allowed to criticise your tremendous talents?

Think your the boring one who needs a life.

If Div 3 football is the highlight of your life you need therapy.

In fairness Trispen are not a bad bunch of lads. Rappo is always a laugh and a gent.

Pity Twatpinho is letting them down. What a plonker.

Trispen were a bit lucky last night. Such is football.

Guest Burnley

I disagree entirely with matey who says we weren't creative enough, we passed it well for most of the time.

And its not sour grapes, theres big points on offer here! points that mean we don't have to play on these ridiculous pitches next year (i don't just mean Trispen's pitch, they're all crap!)

For a big game like that we should have had a good ref, we didnt.

I genuinely feel that decision's swayed the game, im not a bad loser, when we have big games, we expect competent people running them, the guy in the middle wasn't good enough and im happy to debate that with anyone.

Falmouth deserved something out of the game, i think everyone will agree even if there not man enough to say it.

And don't have a go about Fal players being gobby because you ain't seen f*** all yet i promise you!!!!!!!

Well said Burnley!! That was one of the worst performances from a ref that I have seen. Not all of his poor decisions went Trispens way though, he was equally sh*t towards both sides.

Falmouth were all over Trispen for 70minutes, we had a slack 10 minutes and were suddenly 2-1 down. Both goals were debatable, I personally thought Rappo was offside but I didn't see the other incident. It was our lino who should have made both calls but with the sun setting on the other side of the pitch he couldn't see a thing. Going by that display I can't see how Trispen haven't dropped more points this season, They seemed to be hoofing it up to Rappo all game and hoping for the best. I know Trispen had players missing but if we had had our full strength side we would have won that match comfortably.

I don't mean to be disrespectful boys, but what standard of refereeing does FHL3 need?

I'm not sure of the levels required, but Ken is qualified to do Combo games as well, so who else do you want?

Just cos you're top of the league doesn't mean you automatically get a Class 1 referee. Check out the thread on the Cornwall Senior Cup final, the most high profile game in the county between 2 cornish sides, the ref was apparantly shit in that one as well.

It doesn't matter how qualified he is, he may well be a very good referee but on thursday night he had a shocker and it cost us the game. I fully accept that everyone can have bad days but it's the last thing you need when you aiming for promotion and have the top side in the division on the back foot for the whole game. I've played in a few losing sides before (Falmouth Albion!!!) but that is one of the hardest defeats to take simply because we deserved to win and were robbed by some terrible decisions.

Guest Burt Dingle

Mike C i would be very surprised if a team wanted me aswell seeing that i am at the young age of 48 and yes in my eyes your team did have a poor game on thursday nite .

but saying that you have been on here saying you had 8 first team players missing, dont know if that is true or not because that is the first time i have seen you play this season so i dont know what your full strength 11 is, so i suppose we will see on sat who is the better team and my money is on Trispen.

If we were crap as you say and we only lost 2-1 to a couple of lucky / dubious goals it really doesnt say much for your own team does it Dingleberry!

Trispen are not a bad team, they were a bit lucky.

If you cant even have the decency to admit what was clear to everyone else then you are a bit of a plonker.

And the sideline is probably the best place for you, at any age.

From a neautral point of view this thread has ran its course, it gets pretty boring and repeats alot of the same crap over and over again, at the end of the day all i can say is your lucky to get a ref at all, there is alot of teams that have been stuck without any refs this season so think yourself lucky you even had one! I agree that some refs aren't up to scratch but at the end of the day without them you wouldn't play at all, and if you take your chances when you create them and play to the whistle then normally you go on and win the game, but from what i see here trispen did and athletic didn't, football can be a cruel game and i've lost games when we shouldn't have but you just get on with the next game and put the record straight, end of rant! :SM_carton_y: :SM_carton_y:

Guest Burt Dingle

I said you proberly deserved to win the game on my first post .

that dosent mean i think you were a good team its just trispen were bad and if we played the way i know we can then i think it would of been a comfortable win, but if you have got 8 players to come in like you say you have and with the 3 or 4 players i already mentioned that i thought werent bad players then i reckon it could be a very interesting game on saturday.

Guest toaster15

play to the whistle son.

sounds like you could have done with ben andros in the team