Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Committee Meeting

Here is what was discussed at tonight's meeting

i) The following clubs were fined various amounts for rule infringements

Falmouth, Helston, Mullion, Newquay, Penzance, Perranporth, Perranwell, Penryn, Portreath, Culdrose, St Agnes, St Ives and Wendron.

ii) Hayle were fined and docked 3 points for playing an inegible player.

iii) Each of the finalists of the League Cup recieved cheques for £351

iv) The grounds of Storm, Troon and Falmouth Athletic have been inspected but at present have not passed the league's entry requirements. Each club has until 31st May to put an individual list of problems correct when there will be a further ground inspection. There were also problems with each club's paperwork.

v) Supplementary Cup S-F Draw

St Agnes/Portreath v Holman SC

Helston Athletic v Falmouth Town Reserves

1st S-F at Illogan

2nd S-F at Porthleven.

Venue for the final to be decided as are the dates of the matches

CTB

Newquay were fined £2 for not having a qualified linesman at one match.

A far as I can make out the fines are

£2 for no qualified linesperson

£10 for incorrect or late team sheet

£25 for non return of trophies on due date.

There are other fines.

They read them out so quickly. I just got time to write down the total fines of each club not what they were for.

Newquay were fined £2 for not having a qualified linesman at one match.

Ha ha, I will have to remember to get my badge! How many teams have a qualified linesman? Does holding a mobile phone, a fag and a flag count? :D

I did a Certificated Linesmans Course at the start of the season with two Senior Officials within the CFA. I dont think there are many teams with Certificated Linesmens.

Guest Postie Pidge

I am (finally!). I took the Peninsula course at the start of the season. I believe every five years the course has to be taken.

Guest Peppermint

No chance Bazzer - if Newquay Football Club is mentioned regarding a Semi or Final game most of the clubs in the Combination League seem to think travelling to Newquay is akin to having to play on the other side of the Moon!

Despite having one of the best playing surfaces, good Stadium and very good Clubhouse - I think the prospect of hosting any Combination League finals are remote to say the least.

We hosted an excellent Cornwall Senior Cup Semi Final between Perranporth and AFC St Austell and both teams and supporters were very complimentary about the pitch.

perhaps if the horse and cart is replaced by a motor car then Newquay might one day be awarded a final - we can but dream Bazzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Peppermint

When I was Football Secretary at Newquay I put Newquay forward as a venue for a Semi Final - no support whatsoever.

I think someone said at the time that it was too far! I think it would be a waste of time.

Perhaps we should name ourselves Porthleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were told none of the clubs have provided paperwork to say that they either have freehold of their ground, or a lease for their ground and are allowed to play football on the land.

The Combo doesn't want a club to have the rug pulled from under them when part way through the season when their landlord says he wants the land back and the club has no form of written agreement.

John Curnow and I are both certified. It's a pre-condition of doing anything at St Just. The five-year renewal for linesmen is a fiction: once you've been certified, you're certified for life.

Paperwork at Troon ? That'll be the label on a bottle of Bud or maybe a Snickers wrapper. As for getting Mrs Penberthy on to it first thing Monday morning.....that's about Wednesday 2 pm in Cambornebuilderspeak....

So if none of the applicants have satisfied the hofficers, does this mean Ludgvan are definitely staying ?

Guest Sam Boston

John Curnow and I are both certified....... once you've been certified, you're certified for life.

Let's hope your certification is followed by some form of iminent institutionalisation Mr Beer

John Curnow and I are both certified....... once you've been certified, you're certified for life.

Let's hope your certification is followed by some form of iminent institutionalisation Mr Beer

Gosh you can spell toooooo lol we playing for second place now!! K4

Guest Sam Boston

Gosh you can spell toooooo lol we playing for second place now!! K4

:D

I was hoping you would bite! :D

Aww Hunny I don't bite! (I might nibble a bit but only if you ask me nicely ;) )