Cornwall Football Forum

What a game!

Worst game of football i have ever seen 2-0 and you f**ked it up and let the Chelscum cruise into the semi

You missed Gerrard and was that realy a good decision to take Torres off ?

Season over for the pool im afraid maybe you can start dreaming about what could have been and hope for next season, Shame though as i would have loved to see you win the league from the Mancs and beat them in the champions league final

Is it just me, or does any other Liverpool fan not really feel the pain of such a loss during a week like this?

Normally I'd have been gutted and would have been spitting, but I've even sat through the goals of last night. I had a ticket for last night as well but couldn't go due to work and we had a game down at Port, but I'm really not that upset by it all.

edit: Obviously I am disappointed with losing, but pales into insignificance really

Not wishing to stir but anyone know how the Chelsea fans behaved? Saw on Sky sports there was a concern that the usual songs/chants may be used last night, similar concerns as when United played Citeh last season with Munich anniversary but they were magnificent. Hope the Chelsea fans showed some respect last night.

Cracking game but are Chelsea fans concerned? 7 goals in 110 mins of football, makes United recent defending look awesome!! Must be a worry ahead of facing Messi, Eto,Henry, Iniesta, Xavi.

Well done to both clubs last night!! :clapper:

Gillo, this is a response I got from me mate who was there last night!!

"to be fair they seemed to respect the occasion quite well. i didnt see or hear anything in the ground and it appeared like they were clapping when the banner and chants for the 96 came out.

outside there was one bellend who piped up with a song, soon to be unleashed upon by myself, tom and some random red. the nice thing about it was even though it was 95% chelsea fans around us not one of them stuck up for the **** and he had to go n hide behind a bizzie.

apart from that and them being horrible plastic fans id have to give em their due when it came to being dignified about the currect occasion"

I've been to Chelsea the last 2 years, and its a bloody horrible place to go as an away fan, cos you get treated like shit by the Met Police and then hearded like sheep into a small concourse bit to get in the ground, I know last year a fair few got squeezed against barriers outside because the police just wanted to get people in

The Chelsea fans did show respect & applauded the Liv fans at the end for their enduring support thru the game even when all seemed lost at 3-2.

Not sure if I enjoyed the game or not. Just thankful that the real Chelsea appeared in the 2nd half.

Please let that be the end of Kalouless!

Seems to me that there's been ALOT of praise for Blackburn and Chelsea supporters after the way they respected the occasion, loss of life etc etc and even the Man Utd supporters have been respectful and dignified with true respect for the needless loss of life after that horrible incident 20 years ago. Isn't it a shame that the same respect is not shown by a good majority of Liverpool supporters when the anniversary of the Munich disaster comes around. EVERY year there are sickening songs sung from the terraces about that terrible night in Germany, how would those Scouse supporters who are demanding respect from opposing supporters for those poor souls who perished at Hillsborough feel if Man Utd supporters were to start singing the same type of song in their direction?.

This is not an attempt to put down supporters of either club, it is the observation of a total neutral.

Coopsie, sorry mate but you have just come up with one side of the coin there and showed some naivety (sp) in it. Granted, you're not a Liverpool fan so I don't expect you to know.

you never heard Utd fans singing, "Murderers, Murderers" "you kill your own fans, you kill your own fans" "SQUUUEEEEEZZZZEEE"

Get with it fella, yes, there are a minority of Liverpool fans that have sung Munich songs, but you will also find we get it back about Hillsborough, and I have to add, that some of those songs come from Everton fans as well.

Coopsie, sorry mate but you have just come up with one side of the coin there and showed some naivety (sp) in it. Granted, you're not a Liverpool fan so I don't expect you to know.

you never heard Utd fans singing, "Murderers, Murderers" "you kill your own fans, you kill your own fans" "SQUUUEEEEEZZZZEEE"

Get with it fella, yes, there are a minority of Liverpool fans that have sung Munich songs, but you will also find we get it back about Hillsborough, and I have to add, that some of those songs come from Everton fans as well.

Darren mate, I wasn't painting any angelic images of Man Utd supporters, far from it infact. I was simply pointing out how impeccably they have respected the anniversary of this terrible event and how nice it would be if Liverpool supporters were to follow suit. Past exploits tell me it's unlikely, that's all..

The majority of Liverpool fans have always impeccably observed the minute silence for Munich, likewise, the majority of Utd fans have done the same for Hillsborough, but don't tell me all of them do, cos I know they don't.

Apparantly last night there were a few little skirmishes outside the ground and on the tube, with Chelsea fans singing a few choice songs about Hillsborough.

Pretty much as I expected. Unfortunately there will always be those who will chant the songs noone wants to hear, Hillborough, Munich, Campbell etc.

Cornish blue can you not elaborate a bit further with your comments regarding "liverscum" and the fact it was expected and not without truth in some of the words.

Cockerkneeboy, don't worry about the end of the Liverpud season. All the self-pitying sentimentality under the misnomer of "history"has now been wrung out like a soggy towel. Chelsea will win the European Cup instead by beating the Arse in the final and wrest the Premiership from Manure for you instead. Blue, as always, is the colour of magnificence. :drink:

Ee, like, y'know how it is, Darren, all those head-the-ball, up-for-it, Jack-the-lad,like, silly-moustachioed, gis-a-job,post-Brookside,like, ya dancin-ya-askin,y'know, salt of the earth, lovable Bleasedale rogues, beggar-me-neighbour,Paddy's Wigwam,Kirby-kissing,Cillabeatlemaniacs,y'know,built on the profits of slavery stereotypes,like, we need to escape from and utterly eschew for their political incorrectness,like, y'know,European City of Culture 08 way-hey ! Sound ! :D

Well, Darren, yes, most of them got high grades. I didn't know that such uncontrolled language was allowed on the forum ! I would not like any of my students or other young people exposed to your disgraceful four-letter tirade. Shame on you.

I'm also at a loss as to what has provoked your obscene outburst. When you have calmed down, perhaps you would care to expand, or attempt to articulate. :D

Guest Man on the Post

Look at the man and look at the post. More sense resides in the latter.

Proves my point, educated way beyond his intelligence. :SM_carton: :thumbsup: