Cornwall Football Forum

How can this be true?

All the voting is carried out in Jan/Feb time therefore the guys on most players mind would have been united players as this was when the defenders were actually playing well and doing that wacky thing known as closing the ball down, something they have not done since!! As for Ronaldo he is still joint top scorer in the league, not bad considering he played in the Euros, had op, missed pre season, didnt start playing until October so think we can let him off not scoring 300 hundred goals by now!!

Who do you think should be on the list? I do find it strange but, personally, I dont think there has been any one player who has particulaly stood out unlike in previous years with your Ronaldo's, Henry's Ginola's etc

What's wrong with the likes of Jagielka?. Is it because he doesn't have a cosmopolitan name or isn't playing for glitz and glamour United (by that I mean a high profile club such as Chelsea, Utd etc).. The guy has probably been more consistent than ANY other defender in the league, made the breakthrough to the national squad and had the best striker in Europe, if not the world, in his pocket every time Everton played Liverpool. Why is Glen Johnson not considered?. He's been equally as impressive. Or Hangeland from Fulham, he's been a man mountain.

I thought these awards were based upon how well the PLAYER has performed throughout the season, not the team he plays for??. Why should a player that plays for Everton, Portsmouth, Fulham etc not be considered for such an award when he has played equally as well, if not better than those so called superstars at the so called big clubs?.

I totally agree with you Coopsie.

Sometimes I think that a player is on the list because who he plays for rather than how consistent he has been throughout the season. It seems that "He plays for United et. al. therefore he MUST be a good player!"

I also take gillo's point that there doesn't appear to be one particular player who has stood out as in previous seasons. It all seems a bit "ordinary" to me rather than "exciting". I can't think on an Arsenal player I'd put forward for this season but I predict that Arshavin will be on next season's list.

Sometimes I think that a player is on the list because who he plays for rather than how consistent he has been throughout the season. It seems that "He plays for United et. al. therefore he MUST be a good player!"

I also take gillo's point that there doesn't appear to be one particular player who has stood out as in previous seasons. It all seems a bit "ordinary" to me rather than "exciting". I can't think on an Arsenal player I'd put forward for this season but I predict that Arshavin will be on next season's list.

Is this the day the North London rivalry softens? I'm shocked!! :o :wacko:

Actually, Jagielka is quite a cosmopolitan name, compared to Harry, Trathen, Eddy, Grose, Penrose, Curnow and all the other names heard in the Metropolis more frequently....

Journalists are prostitutes, frequently for Murdoch. Man Ure is a capitalist icon. This the meaningless awards. Those who can't play the game very well, write about it. I should know. :D End of story.

What's wrong with the likes of Jagielka?. Is it because he doesn't have a cosmopolitan name or isn't playing for glitz and glamour United (by that I mean a high profile club such as Chelsea, Utd etc).. The guy has probably been more consistent than ANY other defender in the league, made the breakthrough to the national squad and had the best striker in Europe, if not the world, in his pocket every time Everton played Liverpool. Why is Glen Johnson not considered?. He's been equally as impressive. Or Hangeland from Fulham, he's been a man mountain.

I thought these awards were based upon how well the PLAYER has performed throughout the season, not the team he plays for??. Why should a player that plays for Everton, Portsmouth, Fulham etc not be considered for such an award when he has played equally as well, if not better than those so called superstars at the so called big clubs?.

27th September 2008

Everton 0 - 2 Liverpool Torres (2)

But yeah, you're right, its always the glitz and glamour players that get noted for such an award. How come Steven Ireland hasn't been nominated, he's played out of his skin this season

Guest danny-efc-pafc

27th September 2008

Everton 0 - 2 Liverpool Torres (2)

But yeah, you're right, its always the glitz and glamour players that get noted for such an award. How come Steven Ireland hasn't been nominated, he's played out of his skin this season

what about the times in the FA cup torres didnt get a sniff! back pocket job for lescott n jagielka! with the defensive partnership we lost once in 18 or 19 games to man utd putting out liverpool of the fa cup on the way :thumbsup::smiley20: what about arteta? .. suprised lampard isnt in the mix i dont understand why giggs is there!... gary neville will be the next haha.

Is this the day the North London rivalry softens? I'm shocked!! :o:wacko:

Probably not!

When he's right I'll back him up though! :D