Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Final 08/09

Christ you lot will be having me reach for the tissues in a minute. GET OVER IT! St. Austell have got the trophy in the cabinet and medals on the shelves. End of!

And by the way, Leaner is neither.... he probably is still pished as a fart from a damn fine cup final win!!!!

:drink:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Man on the Post

After reading all the threads on this forum abount the Easter Monday finals I just bet there are loads of potential referees, sponsors and volunteers who just can't wait to get involved with cornish football!!!!!!!! Or maybe good people will have had enough and leave the game. :angry2: You decide!

So....

The St.Austell players are cheats, liars etc etc

The referee was incompetenet

The St.Austell supporters are a drunken disgraceful mob

St.Blazey and the CCFA's organisation was useless.....

Blah blah blah - anything else wrong? Perhaps you can find someone to blame the b****y awful weather on - God perhaps? He's about the only one who hasn't be knocked on this thread. However I think he's currently a Truro supporter (having switched from StBlazey a year or two back) so he's probably off the hook.

It doesn't take too much intelligence to work out which club has the better fans...

A. Fans who sing and support their team even at 2-0 down in a cup final, who's support arguably acts as a 12th man that enables them to make one of the best comebacks ever witnessed - with a never say die attitude.

B. Fans that don't say a word even when their side are 2-0 up in a cup final, but instead wait until they are beaten by a more determined team with better fans and subsequently come onto this forum and moan and cry about why their side lost a winning position.

Hmmmmmmm.... I can't make my mind up :clapper: :drink:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Having read this one over and over (and not been mentioned once, goddam you) here are my views even though I was not at the game.

Nanks scored a goal, the ref/lino missed the incident, goal was awarded. The lad did what any forward would do, try to gain an advantage for his side, especially when 0-2 down and in a cup final. Would Saltash complain if one of their players did the same ? No, but I do understand their frustration with the officials.

The drunken St Austell fans (reserve team) behind the goal are no doubt, the same lot at the semi final who were well behaved at Mount Wise and with who we exchanged banter in the SWPL match, nothing wrong with that. Drinking inside a ground ! Well this all stems back to the Taylor report, where fans at league grounds were told to sit down, shut up and do as your told, we are watching you, don't you dare drink, smoke or even think about enjoying yourself and don't forget to applaud politely when either team has scored and pay inflated ticket prices for the privilige.

Who was to blame, that will be The FA whose stupid rule (ground regulations) it is, the CCFA for not ensuring that the ground was covered by dayglo green stewards. St Blazey cannot be blamed, the small amount of committee helpers on the day would have been running the gate, selling teas and pastys and ensuring that the CCFA officials were well looked after, got to their seats and watched the game(s) without getting wet and enjoyed another freebie at the expense of Cornish football.

Well done to St Austell on the win and to St Blazey for hosting the matches.

Well this all stems back to the Taylor report, where fans at league grounds were told to sit down, shut up and do as your told, we are watching you, don't you dare drink, smoke or even think about enjoying yourself and don't forget to applaud politely when either team has scored and pay inflated ticket prices for the privilige.

Totally agree with you Judge! That's why the new Wembley Stadium is so sterile!

Time to put it to bed now guys; Nanks who was terrific throughout got away with it and good luck to him and St.Austell; it was a bit of quick thinking that many others wouldn't of dreamt of doing.

I was behind that goal and couldn't believe it when it was allowed; but credit to Saltash who i thought took it pretty well really and showed real sportsmanship.

Results like St.Austell winning the Senior Cup is what fairytales are made of; an unbelievable result from a club that was nearly down and out a couple of seasons ago; great credit must go to Glyn and all his players for this fantastic achievement. These players came back to play for their local club and showed what good players they are and what a great team spirit they have; beating a team like Saltash is no mean task especially in a cup final.

Well done St.Austell it gives a boost to us all to see a result like this; I personally thought the support from St.Austell was worth a goal to them it was a great atmosphere behind that goal.