Cornwall Football Forum

THANKYOU WEST HAM

Would be rude not to show my appreciation for the SIX valuable points West Ham have given us this season, they were much appreciated and without them we would still be somewhat concerned about about the dreaded prospect of relegation.

Got to love you Bubble Blowers, can we play you every week please ;):c:

COYS

One word comes to my mind about your thread Coopsie but i am not going to say it on here :SM_carton:

Taking 6 points from West ham has not saved you and your just saying this because your happy with your teams result over the local rivals, I stated in a post i made on another thread that you would stay up now Harry was in charge and it looks like i was right, He is a good manager at the end of the day and the players have responded well to him

As much as i hate to say it (But i will) congrats on the double over us this year i guess we shall have to wait until next season to have a go at doing the same to your boys

All the best

One word comes to my mind about your thread Coopsie but i am not going to say it on here :SM_carton:

Taking 6 points from West ham has not saved you and your just saying this because your happy with your teams result over the local rivals, I stated in a post i made on another thread that you would stay up now Harry was in charge and it looks like i was right, He is a good manager at the end of the day and the players have responded well to him

As much as i hate to say it (But i will) congrats on the double over us this year i guess we shall have to wait until next season to have a go at doing the same to your boys

All the best

Yeah I can imagine exactly what that "one word that comes to mind about your thread Coopsie" is mate ;) .. You're a good lad for not putting that on a friendly facility such as this one :thumbsup: ..

I do remember you saying that "Arry" would get us out of the crap mate, I also remember saying that I don't think he's the man for the job because ALL he's ever had to do in the past is get smallish club as high as possible in the league, or maintain top flight status and maybe with a bit of luck, enjoy a good cup run. Never before has he been at a club with the financial clout that Spurs have and never before has he been in a job that ultimately demands European football as a minimum requirement at the end of a season.

I still have those feelings and I hope to god that he proves me wrong BUT no matter how I look at it, all he's done this season is go out and achieve what the chairman asked of him, which is commendable but it's also what he's had to do at every other club. Can he go out and do that again next season when Mr Levy tells him he wants 5th place as a minimum target with the intention of breaking up the top 4?.

There is NO doubt whatsoever that Arry is a genius at unearthing a gem of a player for the cost of a tin can and I hope that he is still surrounded by the same old scouting network etc that has helped him in the past. I just hope that the extra £30+million he'll have at his disposal that he never has before, will not create the "child in a sweet shop" scenario where he just buys for the sake of it. Though he leaves me with little reason to believe he would do that..

I'm obviously over the moon with how he's galvanized the boys on the pitch and made them a hard unit to break down and it has to be said that ALL the signings he made in January have been one of the major reasons for our climb up the table, especially the signings of Keane and Palacios.

One question though, IF Arry does achieve what was frankly unthinkable when he took over and actually does gain qualification to European competition next season, should he not be considered for the Manager Of The Season Award?. He did afterall inherit a team that was rock bottom of the league with just 2 points and not far off a quarter of the season gone.. Just incase you missed that ONE press conference in which he mentioned it :unsure::rolleyes:;)

Cockerkneeboy, you'll always be a legend mate.. As will Truro's Mr M... And you know what, For Bubble Blowers, you aint so bad. :drink:

Coopsie,

6 points or not Who is above you in the League ?

IS IT WEST HAM, yes it is,

well done I thought for a minute you had missed that point,

Hammers :clapper::c::thumbsup::c:

True young man BUT that gap is dwindling my friend. On the 1st of march this season you were in 7th place on 36 points. That was a full 8 points above Spurs who were in 14th on 28 points. Now 6 short weeks later and West Ham are on 45 points with Spurs just a single point behind on 44 points and a superior goal difference.

Ok that will probably change next Saturday when Spurs go to Old Trafford to play Utd but I bet your bubble blowing bums are starting to twitch at the prospect of the mighty Yids not just catching, but overtaking you in the league?. ;)

Ok that will probably change next Saturday when Spurs go to Old Trafford to play Utd but I bet your bubble blowing bums are starting to twitch at the prospect of the mighty Yids not just catching, but overtaking you in the league?. ;)

not at all after all spurs are a big club and we are just a feeder club from the east end of london :P

not at all after all spurs are a big club and we are just a feeder club from the east end of london :P

Agreed with and applauded :clapper::thumbsup: ;)

I agree with skippy we have become a feeder club and i have no doubt that we will be losing a few more young ones in the summer to balance the books.

A few weeks ago i thought we were very comfortable for that last europa league spot, now with spurs wigan and fulham on our tails and games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton to come, i think we can kiss that goodbye.

I couldn't stand Neil Warnock long before he made all that ho ha at sheffield utd about sueing west ham etc... but he's gone further down in my estimation after last weeeks Palace v cardiff game when one of his defenders deliberatly elbowed a cardiff player as he ran into the box and he needed hospital treatment, the ref missed it but the camera picked it up vividly and was seen on the championship for everyione to see and warnocks actual words were " The cardiff player should watch where he's running he ran straight into the defender raised elbow" defies belief...........

Good to see that video evidence has now got the player banned, perhaps they should think about banning warnock...............

I agree with skippy we have become a feeder club and i have no doubt that we will be losing a few more young ones in the summer to balance the books.

A few weeks ago i thought we were very comfortable for that last europa league spot, now with spurs wigan and fulham on our tails and games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton to come, i think we can kiss that goodbye.

I couldn't stand Neil Warnock long before he made all that ho ha at sheffield utd about sueing west ham etc... but he's gone further down in my estimation after last weeeks Palace v cardiff game when one of his defenders deliberatly elbowed a cardiff player as he ran into the box and he needed hospital treatment, the ref missed it but the camera picked it up vividly and was seen on the championship for everyione to see and warnocks actual words were " The cardiff player should watch where he's running he ran straight into the defender raised elbow" defies belief...........

Good to see that video evidence has now got the player banned, perhaps they should think about banning warnock...............

Agree 100% whuru... Neil Warnock = Wa**er :angry2:

Ok I have to disagree with a couple of my fellow hammers fans on here but we are all entitled to our opinions and from past goings on at the club I can understand exactly where you good chaps are coming from.

I agree that we have in the past been a feeder club for some of the premierships (Bigger) clubs but I feel that the club is changing for the better and that the younger talent that has already this season started to filter through to the first team is going to be our future and they will be kept hold of so that at last the club can build and that the success will follow

New manager Gianfranco Zola was clear who he wanted as his right hand man when he joined (Steve Clarke) and wasted no time in getting him, That I thought was a good move because he is rated as one of the best coaches in Europe according to reports, Zola also stated his intentions when he came to the club and one positive thing was that he would be involved in transfer dealings and be kept firmly in the know (something that other managers of the club have not) and to be honest I like that in a manager, Someone who knows what he wants and how to get it rather than the puppets on strings you see at various other clubs around the country who are told what they will do and how they will do it by people who generally think they know about the game but in fact know fcuk all

I think you only have to look at Carlton Cole this season and how Zola and Clarke have worked with a once useless striker who was only ever good for one thing (Keeping the bench warm) to now becoming a decent enough striker to cause a few teams a fair few problems, Top that with the upcoming Freddie Sears who given time could well be the next Tony Cottee (Although there is only one Tony Cottee there’s only one Tony Cottee one Tony Cottee there’s only one Tony Cottee) (Sorry got carried away there) and the likes of Mark Noble, Savio Nsereco, Jack Collison, James Tomkins, Josh Payne, Zavon Hines, Bondz n Gala and Junior Stanislas to name but a few who will work with both Zola and Clarke as well as the other backroom staff who all seem to do very well at producing young talent the future I should say looks very positive for the hammers, I know it depends on weather we keep this talent at West Ham but to spend such a vast amount on Savio (Big gamble I know) goes to show what Zola has in mind and where he wants to take the club, I myself feel very positive about what he is doing at the club and hope that this is the start of something good (It would be about time)

With regards to the comments about Neil Warnock I have to say I do agree 100% and I hate that man with a passion what a first class runt he really is

Cockerkneeboy,

I have been unable to reply to you until now as I have been all this week to a Conference at Scarborough,

I have to agree with you the future does look bright for the Hammers, Franco is doing a good Job, he knows what he wants,

the young players are comming good, the team is begining to play well as a unit.

All I want now is that if Shefield United get promoted for the Hammers to stuff them good & proper,

to me thay are scum,

Hammers, :thumbsup::clapper::c: :c:

• 4 weeks later...

And you're both still below us - as usual! :lol::lol::lol:

And you've won nothing again - as usual :lol::lol::lol:;)

Even I had to laugh at that one, Coopsie!

Told you mate, It's all about the fun and having a laugh. We all say things BUT there are atleast few of us who are able to realise that it's nothing personal and is ONLY banter between supporters of rival clubs. I personally have gained alot of respect for you this season midfield :o .. At the very start of the season, you and I did get a little personal but I think over the season, we've both come to understand eachothers humour and I now have the opinion that you're OK fella :thumbsup: .

Now all I have to do is get that REALLY OLD Gooner that goes by the name of Mangle to cchange his signature and stop living in the past ;)

Coopsie,its breaking my heart,I think you are going soft,making friends with gooners.

Seriously mate.I had the same feeling's about Mr Redknapp when he was appointed,not 100% convinced.

Well on Sunday,I had the honour along with about 100 more Spurs Members of attending the Annual

Tottenham Hotspur Members Players Awards for this season.

Met Harry Redknapp,and he had a good Question and Answer session,and the outcome looks good.

I could tell,by his attitude and answers,he wants to take the team where we want them.

He was very passionate and confident,and assured us that,no top players will be sold,and HE wants 3

players,which he has already identified ,and promised they would be quality signings,which if he gets them,

will turn Spurs into a very good side.

He told us his ambitions for next season,and the future.I liked what the man said.

Only time will tell Coopsie,but I came out of that Bill Nicholson's Suite,with a little feeling in my stomach.

I may be wrong,but I think we better get prepared to see the rise of Harry Redknapps Blue and White Army.

Watch out for blast off. :thumbsup:

Coopsie,its breaking my heart,I think you are going soft,making friends with gooners.

Seriously mate.I had the same feeling's about Mr Redknapp when he was appointed,not 100% convinced.

Well on Sunday,I had the honour along with about 100 more Spurs Members of attending the Annual

Tottenham Hotspur Members Players Awards for this season.

Met Harry Redknapp,and he had a good Question and Answer session,and the outcome looks good.

I could tell,by his attitude and answers,he wants to take the team where we want them.

He was very passionate and confident,and assured us that,no top players will be sold,and HE wants 3

players,which he has already identified ,and promised they would be quality signings,which if he gets them,

will turn Spurs into a very good side.

He told us his ambitions for next season,and the future.I liked what the man said.

Only time will tell Coopsie,but I came out of that Bill Nicholson's Suite,with a little feeling in my stomach.

I may be wrong,but I think we better get prepared to see the rise of Harry Redknapps Blue and White Army.

Watch out for blast off. :thumbsup:

I've always been soft buddy, it's just my natural nature ;)

Glad you feel more confident after the Q & A session aswell BUT I get that "feeling in my belly" every bloody season and pretty much ALWAYS end the season feeling disappointed and let down. I'm still not convinced by Redknapp and wont be until he delivers what we want on the pitch. I'm a natural pessimist I'm afraid and this is the way I will always be. Redknapp says he wants THREE quality signings, this is something we've known for a month now because he said it in his press conference the week before Man Utd paid the ref to let them beat us, so that's hardly a reassuring revelation.

Did you happen to find out how these THREE players will turn us into real contenders when the squad WILL be weakened by the departure of Bentley and Bent or Pavlyuchenko, the possible losses of Cudicini, Bale, Ekotto, Chimbonda, Hutton, Rocha, Gilberto, Huddlestone, Jenas, Taarabt, Zokora, DosSantos, Frazier Campbell...

Most, if not all of these players will be moved on either by way of sale or loan (though I envisage sales because of funding necessary to buy these supposed quality players that have been identified).. Redknapp clearly doesn't fancy most of them and the ones that he'd like to keep, such as Zokora, Chimbonda and Cudicini will not be wanting to play second fiddle anymore and each of them have come out and said so in public.

I'm not being down somersetspur, I'm just looking at the whole picture and voicing my opinion and concerns.