Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results

Mousehole 3

Wendron 2

Lovely sunny day at Mousehole, shame our first half performance by another seriously depleted Wendron side didnt match the weather conditions and rightly went in half time 3 nil down after an awful first half display, thankfully put it right in the second half pulling it back to 3-2, Smithy bagging a couple of goals for us, overall think maybe a draw in the end would have been a fair result, but paid the price for not performing until the second half! Good luck to Mousehole for the remaining games, good bunch of lads and see you at our ground for the return next week

callington 1-0 dobwalls

what a great game football. the pitch looked absolutely fantastic thanks to the efforts of vice chairman steve wooley. also the weather was in perfect condition for the game. the second team also enjoyed an 8-1 victory on the pitch below.

i really enjoyed the game and was more of a spectator than a linesman in the second half. even the first half i interacted with the dobwalls supporters on the far side and they were a very pleasant bunch. they kept on talking about how argyle were doing and that made the afternoon more pleasent.

the supporters were excellent.

i though dobwalls deserved at least at point. the first half i thought dobwalls should have been 2-0 up but good goalkeeping from dan johnson kept callington in the game.

discipline wasnt there from both teams with the referee, who had a great game again, dishing out 4/5 yellow cards split between both teams.

Second half saw callington win the game, with a great goal all from the pace and skill of dennis mason, receiving the ball from the half way line and running 50 yards, before a low cross from the left evaded everyone and chris clarke, another outstanding player at just 18 side-footing the ball past the dobwalls keeper. but that didnt stop dobwalls from changing their game and kept pressing callington until the final whistle.

a great game of football with what looked like a crowd of 150+. I was counting at half time and there was certainly above 100 to say the least, anything lower than 120 and i will be surprised, amid the post about attendances. anyway it was also nice to see Jim Hilton at the game, would you like to comment on the game Jimbo or save it until we play newquay wed 22nd haha. peace all and have a goodnite and happy easter

Mike you must be the most observant assistant referee, officiating, counting the supporters, looking for people that you know in the crowd and listening to reports on other games that the suppoters are listening to. Well done. As we played yesterday and had a free Saturday I took my wife out for a romantic afternoon in sunny Callington. She really enjoyed her Solero! Seriously I have got a lot of time for both Callington and Dobwalls. I think both teams have some talented individuals. It was a very even game and probably a draw would have been a fair result. There was a lot of quality on show. I totally agree with Mike Dennis Mason is a great player and he did brilliantly setting up the Callington goal. Dennis caused Newquay many problems in the League game at Mount Wise earlier in the season. I was also impressed with Anthony Mason, that is the first time I have seen him and he has very good all round ability. I know Chris Souness very well and I thought Chris's son Nick had a great game. I also thought the Dobwalls keeper played really well this week as he was probably disappointed with his performance against us last week so well done to him. I have got a lot of time for Mickey Hunt as his teams play great attractive football and he has done a wonderful job at Callington turning them into a top 5 team from a struggling team last year. Whilst some of the Dobwalls supporters might not agree with Mike and myself, I thought Gary Cornish refereed the game excellently and allowed the game to flow when possible. I thoroughly enjoyed my afternnon at Callington and look forward to our game on 22 April. Oh and Mike I thought you did a great job as assistant as well. I love your enthusiasm for the game. Keep it up mate.

just read mike sampsons match report in the independent between cally and dobwalls. there is no way that dobwalls had 10 players out. u only have to name 14 so he should have used his squad more efficiently.

we only won 1-0 and had a lot of quality on show but dobwalls showed that as well, so an excuse of 10 players out is wrong. we have a squad of 21 and we only had 13 to play with so we had 8 out, if you class that as an excuse as well, but we won so we dont have it. what do you think jimbo, similarly the same dobwalls side that you beat earlier in the month.

as i said mike, to understand if his match report was correct, i have asked mr hilton if the same side played against newquay. mike sampson was at the game, but didnt have a notepad for the entire game at his mercy. the home sides do the report for the papers, but dobwalls would have given their version of the game as sampo was there.

Dan since you were at the game whats your opinion of the match and the teams? got a match report to offer us? haha

Apart from the first 20 minutes when Plymstock had the better of the early exchanges, Vospers were the strongest side and deserved all three points.

Villa went in 1-0 up at half time and came out well in the second half, quickly doubling their tally. They took their foot off the pedal, letting Plymstock get back to 2-1. Vospers came forward again and quickly got up to 4-1. Plymstock added an injury time consolation to give some respectability to the scoreline.