Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 11/04/2009

FHFL 1

Falmouth Albion 1 (Aaron benney) St.Day 3

End to end action in this relegation battle. Cracking finish from the dark haired st.day forward for third goal. Disgusted to watch the st.day number 10 continue throughout the game to try and get falmouth players booked and some of his tackles were beyond a joke just going through players when he had no chance of getting the ball. Good luck for season lifts st day out of bottom three and leads albion into it bottom three.

Heard it was falmouth town 2 perranwell 1

fal/hel div 3

constantine 2 penryn 3

an understrength constantine (4 players out+stand in keeper who played well) took the lead after about 20mins, constant pressure from penryn eventually told after 35mins with an equalizer, constantine heads dropped as the pressure from penryn continued and were awarded a penalty after for handball. The penalty was cooly slotted in and penryn went in with a hard fought 2-1 lead. penryn came out strongly and soon scored a third early into the second half. For some reason then instead of penryn going on to winning by a comfortable margin with there youthful legs they decided to take there foot off the pedal and started to take the p**s and have fun with the penryn supporters watching. with the constantine old faithful watching on and being vocal, constantine pushed on with the penryn keeper making 2 good saves and dealing with several corners, constantine deserved there 2nd with about 15mins left and almost forced a penalty with a free kick being given right on the line of the 18yard box. penryn won a penalty and had a chance to kill the game but hit the crossbar and also missed 2 sitters with the tine pushing on. well done the tine, well battled. penryn, good side but need to learn to play for 90mins and not 60.Good young players though.

Guest mikey catterall

leauge cup

hayle 5 troon 2 (aet)

hayle ran out deserved winners at fulltime the score was 1-1 troon took the lead in extra time but then collapsed

troon scorers

mikey catterall (2)

FHFL 1

Falmouth Albion 1 (Aaron benney) St.Day 3

End to end action in this relegation battle. Cracking finish from the dark haired st.day forward for third goal. Disgusted to watch the st.day number 10 continue throughout the game to try and get falmouth players booked and some of his tackles were beyond a joke just going through players when he had no chance of getting the ball. Good luck for season lifts st day out of bottom three and leads albion into it bottom three.

Heard it was falmouth town 2 perranwell 1

St Day goals. Simon Horner, Tom Rosenfeld and the 3rd Justin James.

Good battle chaps and good luck back.

Pendeen played well we played as poorly as we have all season with a shocking attitude and deserved what we got. Best of luck to Pendeen and others left in the cup(sorry not sure which cup it was)

Big up to the ref who was a true gent throughout with such a wonderful attitude to both sides and always willing to speak to all the boys in such a nice, polite and non patronising way. Certainly enjoyed his cup of tea at half time!!!!

Lockhard Cup!??!!

Falmouth Town 2-1 Perranwell

We can't seem to beat Town this season, when ever we have played them they have more than matched us, the boy Bowden up front is class and should be knocking on the door for the combo if not he should be looking to play higher at another club!!!

ross is class deano, he has played for the 2nds a couple of times this season and scored for them, he should be playing regularly at a higher level i agree mate, town just seem to enjoy playing perranwell i think, both sides well matched all over the pitch and both enjoy playing attacking football

titus, who is maradonna?

11/04/2009

FHFL 2

Carharrack 2 Mawnan 1

Its very rare I say this but Carhararck's impressive victory was just like watching Brazil.

Match report to come.

Joint Man of the Matches: Luke Abbott Smith and Ashley Smeeth

i was at this game, and are you sure you were watching the same game?!!?

Guest shaggy torres

Percy Stevens cup. Mullion 10 Carharrack Res 0 goalscorers- lee cattran,Sam spurrier x2, dan Reid, andy sharp x2, nathan davison and sean haskell-mills x3 good game mullion back to good form should have scored more really carharric had some good play ref had a good game as well. Any one know trispen at st day score cheers

Guest whirlwind

i heard through the grapevine that carharrack are now using the age old football tactic of win at all costs ......................................................CHEATING !!!! wasnt there just what i heard

i heard through the grapevine that carharrack are now using the age old football tactic of win at all costs ......................................................CHEATING !!!! wasnt there just what i heard

So what did you hear?

I can tell you now my real life career requires me to have the up most honesty and integrity and everyone that knows me will tell you that. The way the Mawnan manager acted after the match yesterday against me and the referee was a disgrace to Mawnan FC. An apology would not have gone a miss. I believe he has been reported to the FHFL by the referee.

All the best for the rest of the season Mawnan. You have a great set of lads and your hospitality has always been second to none, just a shame we couldn't have repaid you back at our clubhouse as you all went home.

Then again nothing better than 3 points and a cold beer at the end of the day.

11/04/2009

FHFL 2

Carharrack 2 Mawnan 1

Its very rare I say this but Carhararck's impressive victory was just like watching Brazil.

Match report to come.

how did u view the game then. thought we deserved the win to be honest. Better team won!

11/04/2009

FHFL 2

Carharrack 2 Mawnan 1

Match report to come.

how did u view the game then. thought we deserved the win to be honest. Better team won!

the home team probably deserved the win but when you hear the defenders saying that the disallowed goal was in what would you say?

thought it was a good game of competative football. not alot between the two teams

I was at the Carharrack game and it was a very good performance from Carharrack, especialy Smeethy and Abbo.... Very tidy players. The whole team worked very very hard... Just a bitter note in the game the Mawnan Number 2 was complete **** :SM_carton: .... Going up with his elbows flying, he done it down there last season in the cup game... Very lucky to stay on yesterday....

Good result and performance from Carharrack. :drink: Worth the drive down from Bournemouth!

just spoken to some of the mawnan boys. i was told that the referee saw the ball cross the line but didnt award a goal?? i have been told he wasnt the best ref in the world but who would be a ref?

but surely if everybody saw that it was a goal then the referee must have been a bit embarrased. i imagine the carharrack boys didnt complain as that is a good 3pts for them. unlike Mr Renfree to lose his cool. lovely bloke, must of had a reason to go mad.

on a better note, TINE WON!!!!!!!

You are my MINTO,

My Marky MINTO,

You make me happy,

When skies are grey,

Oh Alan Shearer,

Was f*****g dearer,

So please don't take,

My MINTO away...

Guest mauricio

Percy Stevens cup. Mullion 10 carharrick 0 goalscorers- lee cattran,Sam spurrier x2, dan Reid, andy sharp x2, nathan davison and sean haskell-mills x3 good game mullion back to good form should have scored more really carharric had some good play ref had a good game as well. Any one know trispen at st day score cheers

I would like to thank the Carharrack Res striker that broke my foot with 10 minutes on the game....

Dunno if it is Coincidence or not but the last time we played Carharack at home one of our players broke his leg as well....

Well done Shaun for scoring another 3 goals.

consantine 2-3 penryn

good game to play in, though i feel we could and should of scored double figures

constantine battled hard towards the end and could of sneaked a draw.

prynn prynn hes our man if he cant save it, no one can

penryn couldve maybe gone onto score more but most of the team went on to start mesing about and taking the piss. even the constantine supporters were getting wound up. Where are the experience people of penryn afc to bring these kida on in the right way. penryn bit fortunate to take all 3 points in the end against an experienced tine team

consantine 2-3 penryn

good game to play in, though i feel we could and should of scored double figures

constantine battled hard towards the end and could of sneaked a draw.

prynn prynn hes our man if he cant save it, no one can

penryn couldve maybe gone onto score more but most of the team went on to start messing about and taking the piss. even the constantine supporters were getting wound up. Where are the experience people of penryn afc to bring these kids on in the right way. penryn bit fortunate to take all 3 points in the end against an experienced tine team

Guest some call him David Bentley

Percy Stevens cup. Mullion 10 carharrick 0 goalscorers- lee cattran,Sam spurrier x2, dan Reid, andy sharp x2, nathan davison and sean haskell-mills x3 good game mullion back to good form should have scored more really carharric had some good play ref had a good game as well. Any one know trispen at st day score cheers

I would like to thank the Carharrack Res striker that broke my foot with 10 minutes on the game....

Dunno if it is Coincidence or not but the last time we played Carharack at home one of our players broke his leg as well....

Well done Shaun for scoring another 3 goals.

harsh deal mate ,the challenge that caused this injury , was definatly a red no doubt about it crap challenge caharrack player nowere near the ball :SM_carton: .Anyway what part of your foot have you broke ! hope you get better asap.

WHAT WAS THE TRISPEN V ST DAY SCORE ????????

Guest Rasputin

I can tell you now my real life career requires me to have the up most honesty and integrity and everyone that knows me will tell you that. The way the Mawnan manager acted after the match yesterday against me and the referee was a disgrace to Mawnan FC. An apology would not have gone a miss. I believe he has been reported to the FHFL by the referee.

Dear Richard,

I am an ardent spectator of Junoir football now I have come to complete retirement from the game. I follow all of the leagues throughout the season; watching as many local games as my lifestyle allows. This is my first time on the cornish soccer forum which i have heard so much about, which leads me to post my first view.

I was watching the game on saturday between Caharick and Mawnan Reserves and judging by your write up, you must have been the linesman. Well, very much to your dissapointment I am going to have to tell you that the "goal" that was not given in Mawnans favour; in fact was a goal as the ball had passed over the line! Furthermore I can see how your judgement was clouded as there was a scramble in the goal mouth. However your posisition as linesman at the time should have been on the line as that was where the last defender was, furthermore the referee should have been closer to the incident instead of a little way past the centre circle. Therefore in conclusion to my point I can see where frustration from mawnan's behalf arose, as they were denied a perfectly legitimate goal.

Sadly I cannot comment on the later incident between you and the Mawnan manager after the game. Although I can sympathise with his frustartion over the situation, though it does not give him the right to accuse you of cheating, I am all for respecting officials. However, for you to come on here and claim for one of the most popular managers in the divsion to be a disgrace to one of the finest clubs in junoir football, I believe is unnecessary.

Moving onto more pleasing matters about the game, Caharick deserved more from it than Mawnan. I was impressed by some younger individuals playing for the home team. A good performance from a struggling side, and an under par performance from a suprisingly weak mawnan side.

more to the point, albion lost. its got that bad that we are relying on aaron benny to score us goals. we need to strengthen our squad massively. we just dont have the players to win games anymore and it is sad to see because some of our past players have been brilliant match winners. we cant put all the weight on RJ (our striker). if things carry on we will be lucky to keep hold of him next season.

still fingers crossed we will stay up.

Lockhard Cup!??!!

We can't seem to beat Town this season, when ever we have played them they have more than matched us, the boy Bowden up front is class and should be knocking on the door for the combo if not he should be looking to play higher at another club!!!

You're not wrong there Deano,his second goal was a cracker.Also saw Ross at Buckland with the SWPL team,and he didn't look out of place.

I'd also like to say what a good game Jimmy O'Brien had as the man in the middle,well done Jimmy.

Carharrack 2 Mawnan 1

Outstanding performance from us against Mawnan who are joint top of FHFL2. 1-0 up in first 5 mins goal scored by Ashley Smeeth making only his 2nd start to a game :D, and then with Martin Murphy continuing his good form and starting to bring the best out of our midfield we went in half time 1-0 up after limiting Mawnan to very few chances. After a good positive team talk we came out for the second half knowing Mawnan would have to up their game, but we continued where we left off and Tristan Burrows scored a good volley at the back post to make it 2-0 :D

Mawnan started to push on and were awarded a penalty with about 20 mins to go which they scored from, they then thought they had equalised when it looked like the ball might have had crossed the line but to their dismay the ref waved play on when the linesman confirmed the ball was saved on the line. I think that incident unsettled Mawnan and during the last 10 mins we should have scored again.

I have been involved with football as a player and a manager for more than 30 years and have learnt the hard way that you dont always get the decision go your way but have to take it like a man and get on with it.

Fully deserved our win with an excellent team performace and well earnt joint M.O.M. awards going to Ashley Smeeth and Luke-Abbot Smith.

Well done again boys.

Ps and a big thank you to Beefy for the jugs back at the club about time ha ha

Guest Bowden

thanks for the comments deano and whistleblower just out off interest whistleblower are you my mate jamies dad ? hope you enjoyed the game it about time we put in a performance like that coz i no were capable of doing it

:thumbsup: :yahoo:

Lockhard Cup!??!!

You're not wrong there Deano,his second goal was a cracker.Also saw Ross at Buckland with the SWPL team,and he didn't look out of place.

I'd also like to say what a good game Jimmy O'Brien had as the man in the middle,well done Jimmy.

ross bowden was brilliant on sat and his goal was worthy off winning any football match. town are a decent side and it really baffles me how they are so low in the league!!! as for the ref on sat i take it u r bein sarcastic??? shockin

Guest Bowden

i know angell it baffles me 2 we more than match the likes fo yourselfs,mawnan,chacewater and truro twice but when were expected 2 get something out off a game we blow it like we did against fal alboin of which albion deserved 2 win but season almost over were in the semi-final of a cup that we won last year so would be nice 2 put in 2 more big performances and finish th season on a high good luck 2 all teams left in the cup :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Good game ( Carharrack v Mawnan)

Some extremly dangerous actions from a few players on that pitch...

and also some of the after game actions by certain players and people who have a more managerial role was pathetic. Being a younger player myself even I stopped acting that way to others many years ago if i didnt get my way , looks like a few are a tad behind going up the maturity ladder.....

But that aside it was a very good game , played in " Good spirit" by the majority and on the day, the better team got what they deserved?