Cornwall Football Forum

Aaron Bicknell injury update

I have just spoken to Aaron and regrettably he has broken both his tibia and fibia and is due to have it"snapped back" at some time between 6 and 9 this evening. Aaron has asked me to publicly thank all of the players from both Newquay and Godolphin for the kindness shown by them when the accident occurred. Aaron has also asked me to publicly thank Alan Metters for his kindness and comforting when we were waiting for the Air Ambulance to arrive. I have received good wishes from Derek on behalf of The Godolphin and lots of others as well. Aaron has made a massive impact at Newquay as a footballer and as a person and I am certain that we will see an even better player and person when he has fully recovered and that I am sure we all hope happens very soon. Thanks JIM HILTON

Guest Peppermint

Well said Jim - Derek Martyn and Alan Metters were a credit to their Club and football for their actions and well done to them.

I send my best wishes to the Bicknell Family on behalf of Newquay Football Club - I am sure that Godolphin Atlantic and Newquay Football Clubs have emerged from this unfortunate accident with credit.

Football pales into insignificance in the light of what happened today - the town of Newquay can be justly proud of their actions and reactions - get well soon Aaron.

Guest budeno4

Was just wondering if Aaron has to have an operation??

Because i broke my Tib and Fib on Saturday as well, and also play for Cornwall Under 18's with Aaron and i had to have an Operation???

Best wishes to Aaron and his family as well!

on behalf of every one at godolphin the main thing is a very good young player regains his fitness and his football career, its very easy to say but both myself and graham nicolls both broke our tib and fib about the same time and every one knows the fantastic fotball journey graham went on to play , i personally played senior football for another 20 years so arron will get better and carry on his footall career he has the support and guidence of jim and every one at newquay football club then the support of every one in the newquay area ,get well soon and the best wishes of every one on football are at your side , im cornish born and bread and gutted a great young football will be out of tommys thoughts for this season , if you read this arron cornish football will miss you for a few months but you will be fine , best regards to you and your family alan metters , godolphin football club

I've been away on a school trip for the last 2 weeks and was given the news minutes after I arrived back at Newquay this afternoon.

I'm absolutely gutted for Aaron who for the last 2 seasons has been brillliant for the Cornwall Youth Team, and he played an integral part in our victory against Wiltshire in the last game and will now miss the final in May.

Good luck mate from all of us and I hope you can at least be there and part of the squad for the last game.

I'm also a little concerned at the comments by Budeno.4......can you advise me please?

Tommy

Guest budeno4

Hey Tommy, its Liam Sandercock, i got hold of David Bray today and he said that you were away!

But regrettable like to say i broke my leg last week playing for Bude and done exactly the same as Aaron!