Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish football: an update required!

Guest Gloworm

Guest Gloworm

Hello there! Long time, no post!

As some of you may remember, in April last year I decided to put my (very) amateur journalism skills to the test by compiling a report on Cornish football grounds and the clubs which occupy them. I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the clubs and learnt a lot about football in Cornwall.

However, my report has had to be delayed for many reasons. The biggest of which is a website issue, but other things, including schoolwork, have stood in the way. The report itself was almost completed by May last year, and I was left with only 3 sections left to complete. Then the jobs started to build, and robbed me of almost all of my spare time. To this day, I still haven't completed the report! :(

I finally found some time in which to finish the report this week. I was sat down and ready to type, but then I read what I'd already written. Many of my notes must be out of date by now! I was hoping some of you could update me on developments in the last 12 months.

For example, when I visited St Austell, the club was bottom of the SWPL division 1 west and the club appeared, on paper, to be a mess. Their progress in the league since my visit is outstanding, and I would like to know what exactly has happened.

If there are any other important developments in the past year, if you could let me know that would be great!

Cheers,

Gloworm :)