Cornwall Football Forum

Promoted at Easter!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

if anyone is worried about posting something incase the the legal boys step in, pm to me what you know and i will post it,

:c::c::c:

The thing is, most of them know there is something not right but refuse to admit it, the pedastal is rocking just like Saddams statue. No need to write too much, the press will finish him off.

In reply.

I've never moaned about the cash at Truro just the way they go about their business, how the little man was trampled on in the rush for glory. How local firms were asked to do work for Truro City and told to bill it to Cornish Homes when they knew Cornish Homes had no money to pay.

I don't like the phrase "Truro City are doing it for Cornwall" or the other one, "Truro City have put Cornwall on the map". Truro are doing it for themselves not the county or are they going to call themselves the Cornish Tigers next season? Of course not.

I've never moaned or said a bad word about Mr Mewton as I knew nothing about him before he joined the Magpies. To say Pz's budget isn't a million miles from Truro's is stupid and you know it.

I hold my hand up and have said in the past I wonder how managers, who go from one club to another with a good budget, would cope if they had no budget. How well would they do putting a team together to compete in our senior leagues but no names were mentioned.

In response to HP suggesting Mr Mewton may be Pz's next manager.

Give us a break HP.

We need someone with man management skills who can put a team together with a kind word in the ear here, a little chivvy-up in training there, gelling old and new players.

We certainly don't want someone who has been able, due to having a big budgets, buy players "off-the shelf" and put a team together that way.

Money isn't the way forward for Pz but a fiercly loyal band of players who want to play for the club not a wage packet.

We need to build 1st and 2nd teams, and set-up for the future not "go for glory" over a couple of seasons.

CTB

Guest watcher

Heaney's current 'legal boys' are proud of their rottweiler reputations, but even they aren't stupid enough to carry on sticking up for him in the face of mounting evidence of how he made his alleged 'millions' and what he's done with them. How many legal claims can one man have against him at the same time and still have his lawyers believe he's 'done nothing wrong'? Watch them backpedal as more comes to light. Lawyers might boast about putting their client's interests above all else, but the minute it becomes obvious that a client is not defendable, it's their own interests, especially their reputations, that they really care about. Apart from the money, obviously.

You guys on this website have got long memories when it comes to slagging each other off - well, some of you should go back in your minds to the promises Heaney made when he first came to the club, and make a list of all the things he was going to do, and then see which of them he's achieved for you, and at what price. How many promises has he made, and how many has he kept? Far from being a professional club, Truro is a semi-pro club with players on half pay.

If I was a Truro City player, I'd be making sure that I got my wages paid up, and then I'd walk away from Treyew Road before Heaney abandons the club and everybody in it. And if I was a Truro supporter, I'd be ashamed of what we'd allowed Heaney to do to our club. You know the cups and the promotions won't ever make up for how you won them, and when the history of the club is written in years to come, the Heaney years will be a chapter of shame.

Those of you whose knee jerk reaction to this posting will be to slag me off, just think a minute before you do and ask yourself whether a promotion bought with money that has been cheated out of the pockets of small businesses and individuals throughout Cornwall was worth it?

Guest watcher

After my last post this afternoon I received the following e-mail headed 'Be careful'. I don't know whether it was intended as a friendly warning or a threat.

"I don't know who you are but I would be very careful or you may find a legal case about you. Statements about the players are your opinion so cannot be seen in any other way but that, but with 34/36 of your posts on Truro's section of the forum shows you may have a personal grudge, the reason for that be yours and yours only to know.

We all know what has happened with the business going down and the only thing in my opinion that was very wrong was the way D.A. Giles were treated if the work they did was for Truro City Football Club and not Cornish Homes. Do you think the same of Woolworths owners for the people who didn't get paid?

I'm just saying unless you know what you are stating as an absolute fact I would perhaps think about rephrasing your posts to show opinion rather than slander. "

Thanks for that. I can't imagine what the other two posts can have been about.

The fact is that not everybody does 'know what happened with the business going down' and won't until it is properly aired in public, not just in a creditors meeting behind closed doors with Heaney hiding behind his 'advisors'. But enough people know enough, and as many people are aware, there's more to it than just another company going into liquidation in these difficult times. Of course this wouldn't normally be a matter for a football website, but I'd have thought the fans of Truro City would feel they had a right to know, particularly when things are being done in the name of the club (like the example referred to by the person who sent me the email above) that most decent minded people wouldn't agree with, whether they support Truro City or not. When Heaney's gone, it's the club that will be left to rebuild its reputation.

If I hear from Mr Heaney or his lawyers I'll let you know. But thanks for the warning, which I thought I should share with everybody else.

Sounds like someone, somewhere is a little worried.

Oh and to all you so called Truro fans who think the suns shines out of his clackervalve...

I TOLD YOU SO !

Thing is, the companies are limited companies, and separate in the eyes of the law, so points deductions shouldn't happen.

Also, I wouldn't post anything that you don't have concrete evidence for, you'll only be risking a letter from the solicitors.

Cornish Homes may be the owner of the club, but it was only one or two branches of the company that were bankrupted.

I've seen occurrences of similar things happen where company goes bust, another company opens and gets 'sold' the assets of previous company, and it happened near Truro, but not with CH.

Another poor effort at defecting a thread away from the real reason why Truro are in the mire.

A few folk through the gates is nothing compared to what a certain fella has been up to, now will someone from Truro please hold up their hand and admit they got it all wrong... nah, didn't think so !

Does anyone recall Swindon Town being relegated by 2 Divs after some money troubles ?

Guest Man on the Post

I TOLD YOU SO !

I don't recall the Judge predicting the credit crunch in 2005, but no doubt he will say that he did! :rolleyes:

I TOLD YOU SO !

I don't recall the Judge predicting the credit crunch in 2005, but no doubt he will say that he did! :rolleyes:

No, that one was beyond even me. But I did predict the mess that Truro would find themselves in. In fact I beleive my first posting on the subject went something like this...

"A property developer has shown interest in buying out Truro City FC. Treyew Road, prime real estate and a property developer, go figure."

If only he had delivered the Stadium for Cornwall, some may have been a bit more understanding !

In case you all forgot the title of this thread is Promoted at Easter.

Truro City became Champions at Taunton on Easter Monday.

... and relegated in May !!!

Also, I wouldn't post anything that you don't have concrete evidence for, you'll only be risking a letter from the solicitors.

Talking of concrete, Faheys & Bardon Concrete (Previously Cemex) were slightly ahead of the game and chased prompt settlement amidst the early rumours surrounding CH outstanding invoices, I believe. :P