Cornwall Football Forum

Promoted at Easter!!

I made a bold prediction at the start of the season that we would be promoted by Easter. I was shot down in flames by a number of you but turns out my prediction was spot on. I do have to say though that it was a bit disrespectful to the players who have had to show 100% professionalism in order to achieve this. They are a very talented bunch but at this level it takes more than talent alone to comfortably win the league.

I just want to comment on moans that are creeping into other threads. Firstly, the atmosphere at Treyew Road has been compared to a graveyard. What people must understand is that this is the same at most, if not all grounds below the conference. I went to see Torquay play recently and with a gate of 2000, the atmosphere was only marginally better than at Treyew Road.

Secondly, many resent the fact that Truro has a rich chairman willing to put a lot of time and money into the club. What I would say to those people is that it can only have a positive impact on Cornish football. A few seasons ago only the Cornish knew Truro City FC. Now, I speak at length with people as far a field as Bristol about TCFC. (And these aren't people who support clubs in our league.)

I just want to thank Mr. Heaney for putting Cornish football on the map. Here's to next season...may I make another prediction?...prehaps I wait a while longer!!

I made a bold prediction at the start of the season that we would be promoted by Easter. I was shot down in flames by a number of you but turns out my prediction was spot on. I do have to say though that it was a bit disrespectful to the players who have had to show 100% professionalism in order to achieve this. They are a very talented bunch but at this level it takes more than talent alone to comfortably win the league.

I just want to comment on moans that are creeping into other threads. Firstly, the atmosphere at Treyew Road has been compared to a graveyard. What people must understand is that this is the same at most, if not all grounds below the conference. I went to see Torquay play recently and with a gate of 2000, the atmosphere was only marginally better than at Treyew Road.

Secondly, many resent the fact that Truro has a rich chairman willing to put a lot of time and money into the club. What I would say to those people is that it can only have a positive impact on Cornish football. A few seasons ago only the Cornish knew Truro City FC. Now, I speak at length with people as far a field as Bristol about TCFC. (And these aren't people who support clubs in our league.)

I just want to thank Mr. Heaney for putting Cornish football on the map. Here's to next season...may I make another prediction?...prehaps I wait a while longer!!

so when you've spoke to people, have they asked about clubs like Bodmin Town, St Blazey, Newquay, Storm (who I beleive are in partnership with TCFC). No, course they haven't. What Truro are doing, is good for Truro City FC and Truro City FC only, it would be the same as any other club.

What they've done on the pitch they obviously deserve promotion. Lets see what the summer brings now!

Mr Heaney has put Truro City on the football map, not Cornish football does he give a flying duck about my team Perranwell 2nd's i don't think so!! So less of the Cornish Football thing.

Guest blue203

Deano, if you had a son who played football and had the chance to play for Truro WOULD he give a flying Duck about Parranwell 2nds, ummm !! and who would you be watching then ? ummmm again

Guest Man on the Post

so when you've spoke to people, have they asked about clubs like Bodmin Town, St Blazey, Newquay, Storm (who I beleive are in partnership with TCFC). No, course they haven't. What Truro are doing, is good for Truro City FC and Truro City FC only, it would be the same as any other club

Darren perhaps you could follow the TV listings and prefix the above with R for repeat everytime you post it! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

so when you've spoke to people, have they asked about clubs like Bodmin Town, St Blazey, Newquay, Storm (who I beleive are in partnership with TCFC). No, course they haven't. What Truro are doing, is good for Truro City FC and Truro City FC only, it would be the same as any other club

Darren perhaps you could follow the TV listings and prefix the above with R for repeat everytime you post it! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

As long as I can do the same when someone says about "doing it for Cornwall"

Indeed the success is for Truro City but what the club has achieved is raise the profile of Cornish football as a whole, we presently are the only County in the UK not to have a professional club perhaps in a few seasons we may have.

In reply to some of the comments yes City may be seen as the leading Cornish side right now and rightly so on there achievements but other Senior Clubs Like Falmouth,St.Blazey and Bodmin in recent times are to be highly respected too.

There will always be knockers top teams attract these but facts speak volumes FA Vase triumph plus what is all but four straight promotions equalling the national record, top quality football can now be seen in the Duchy no one detracts from the hard work of so many to keep local clubs running no one is disputing that they should be commended.

Deano, if you had a son who played football and had the chance to play for Truro WOULD he give a flying Duck about Parranwell 2nds, ummm !! and who would you be watching then ? ummmm again

If i had a son!!! My point is, fair play to Truro getting promoted again well done!! But less of the doing it for Corinsh Football, what ever happens at Truro doesn't have any bearing on my team at this moment in time or in the past!!

Mr Heaney is doing it for Truro and Truro only!!!

I dont care two hoots,what Judge and the rest of the Anti Truro Brigade say.

Truro have had a fantastic season,and we the supporters are going to enjoy every single minute,for the

rest of the season.

Roll on next season.

Bring it on.

Celebration time.

Somersetspur when we talk about the anti Truro brigade just do as I have done and look through the posts for the past few years and it's not as bad as you may think.What we are talking about here is just an handfull of people who keep repeating the same old rubbish year in year out,they are like a bad smell.But when you live with it after a few years,you get used to it after a while and you tend to ignore it or just laugh at it.

Lets be fair about it,the majority who visit the forum give Truro the credit they deserve for what the team has achieved over the past 4 years even though they are not Truro City supporters.We are now lucky enough to get good class teams and players come down to Cornwall on a regular basis,something that was previously unknown.Yes Truro City are the benefactors as a club,but it also gives people from mid and west Cornwall to come and see a good standard of football being played on their doorstep,instead of travelling across the Tamar.

The long and short is,stuff those who are too short sighted to see the jewel that is on their doorstep,because i'm enjoying every bit of it,and long may it last.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I dont care two hoots,what Judge and the rest of the Anti Truro Brigade say.

I actually hadn't posted on this thread previously but will do so now... You obviously do care what we think and hate the fact that we speak for the majority of football fans in Cornwall. Truro City FC have done nothing for Cornish Football, most other clubs in the county have hard working folk helping out, supporting, playing and do it for the love of the game (a bit of petrol and beer money at most), not for the glory of one man.

My thoughts on the owner and the 'glory hunters' are well known. The players (other than young Liam) have all played at a higher level and failed, they were given the opportunity to be paid big bucks to play football in a lovely part of the world and I don't blame them, so would I if I had the ability.

The fact remains, that Truros budget was triple/quadruple that of most other clubs in the Conference South let alone the Gas league, and played against sides that are still run by committees not a rich owner. I hope the true fans of the old AFC who stayed when the builder walked in, enjoy visiting new grounds, it is the only thing I envy about Truro City FC.

Most SWPL Div 1 West sides can put a whole squad out for the cost of 45mins of one Truro player, now that is what I call value for money... doing it for Cornish football, don't make me laugh !

Guest Man on the Post

we speak for the majority of football fans in Cornwall.

Judge, could you please provide proof to back up this statement?

we speak for the majority of football fans in Cornwall.

Judge, could you please provide proof to back up this statement?

No Problem at all. A small minority of members of this forum support Truro, just as a small minority support Truro in Cornwall (and elsewhere), therefore your support of the owner is a minority one.

To put it into context, a recent Strike vote was held nationally by union members and 71% of those who voted wished to strike. However, those who voted only represented 29% of the workforce.

Your support for the owner is not representative of the majority of footballing folk of Cornwall.

THE JUDGE's Verdict has been defeated by his own arguement.

The Cornish Soccer Forum has 2321 members

Some like me live outside the County

Some like me support Truro City AWAY at times at Treyew.

THE COUNTY OF CORNWALL has 513,527 residents.

2321 of 513,527 is only 0.45197% without us exiles as CSF members it would be LESS

Even if all the membership voted in favour of The Judge views it would be LESS that HALF A PERCENT.

Hardly a majority of the People of Cornall as suggested by The Judge, more a MINORITY.

The Judge should return to harassing Newquay FC about their attendance figures, someone there may listen.

THE COUNTY OF CORNWALL has 513,527 residents... and half a million of those couldn't care less about Truro City FC. I made no mention of the county as a whole, just the footballing fans.

Moving it down to a football level, an average of 2,584 people pay to watch Cornish sides in the SWPL Prem, 1 West (exc Truro 2nds) and Combo every week (no figures available for ECPL, Duchy, Fal/Hel and other leagues) but you could probably add another 1,000, then add all the players who turn out for these clubs on a Saturday and there will be at least another 1,000, add the officials and the total will be close to 5,000 folk who every saturday couldn't give a toss about Truro City FC. Nearly forgot, 4,000 odd from Cornwall who go to watch Argyle, so divide that figure by 2 to give a weekly average, so thats now 7,000 odd folk who don't support TCFC, your home support average and I will be generous, is about 450.

That will be a huge, although mainly silent majority that couldn't give a toss about Truro then.

27,754 at Wembley, of which more than half were Truro (our end was packed in comparison) even if it was for the new stadium, still must have had some interest. I work in a very Rugby orientated office (All Redruth) and they are always asking me how Truro get on and people I hardly know talk to me with interest when they hear I play for Truro.

Also Argyle crowds are not fans, only around 4-5,000 (if that) are actual fans. The rest are there watching the best standard around, which when Argyle are away is, ooh Newquay Truro.

To base the argument on the forum, I would say there are 20-30 members (jealous kn*bs) who post 4-5 times on each post. There are far more individual well wishers than that.

Players that play for clubs watch any game that happens to fall on a day they aren't playing. Do you not watch your second team if the firsts don't have a game?

Also who said anything about supporting? Truro have more followers than fans, I'm any club in Cornwall does. But I think we have alot more of a core supporters base than many around. The fact our average attendance is 481 (the highest in the league by a fair percentage I may add) proves this, so was 450 really that generous? I would call yours 150 and that's generous considering it's only that high because of 1 game, crowd full of neutrals I may add again. Take away our big gate and we have a high of 668 and a low of 203. Yours in comparison 133 as a high, 57 as a low. I'll leave you to work out the averages with them.

I'd also like to mention, and mean this honestly with no disrespect as I would be honoured to play for a side with the histories such as Bodmin, Falmouth, St. Blazey etc..., but being involved occasionally with the first team squad, people are excited for me who know nothing about football. If I said I had broke into Newquay firsts I don't think I would get the same enthusiasm.

I would also like to know where you are getting the budget from? And how would you know other teams budgets to compare, ie. other SWPL sides or Conf. South?

Just like to finish with the county population of 513,527, of which you state 500,000 don't care about Truro. I think we've proved that roughly 15,000 care enough to watch us in London, so 498,527 dont care. Newquay, 513, 400 don't give a crap about you. I could get a poll with people up north asking what they associate Newquay with and I bet they'd all come back not even knowing a half decent football side existed.

Just a few references for attendance figures I got online.

http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/...ion=attendances

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Stats_&_Facts/attendances

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...onf/6652343.stm

Can you back up your references of budgets? PM them if you like. I obviously wouldn't want your bosses to know you snoop through the books to find out people's taxes and earning's would I?

THE COUNTY OF CORNWALL has 513,527 residents... and half a million of those couldn't care less about Truro City FC. I made no mention of the county as a whole, just the footballing fans.

Moving it down to a football level, an average of 2,584 people pay to watch Cornish sides in the SWPL Prem, 1 West (exc Truro 2nds) and Combo every week (no figures available for ECPL, Duchy, Fal/Hel and other leagues) but you could probably add another 1,000, then add all the players who turn out for these clubs on a Saturday and there will be at least another 1,000, add the officials and the total will be close to 5,000 folk who every saturday couldn't give a toss about Truro City FC. Nearly forgot, 4,000 odd from Cornwall who go to watch Argyle, so divide that figure by 2 to give a weekly average, so thats now 7,000 odd folk who don't support TCFC, your home support average and I will be generous, is about 450.

That will be a huge, although mainly silent majority that couldn't give a toss about Truro then.

one little thing you have forgotten .i personally dont care what you and the silent majority think of city . I CARE and to me thats all thats matters so think and say what you like i wont be losing sleep over your jealous rantings

27,754 at Wembley, of which more than half were Truro (our end was packed in comparison) even if it was for the new stadium, still must have had some interest. I work in a very Rugby orientated office (All Redruth) and they are always asking me how Truro get on and people I hardly know talk to me with interest when they hear I play for Truro.

Also Argyle crowds are not fans, only around 4-5,000 (if that) are actual fans. The rest are there watching the best standard around, which when Argyle are away is, ooh Newquay Truro.

To base the argument on the forum, I would say there are 20-30 members (jealous kn*bs) who post 4-5 times on each post. There are far more individual well wishers than that.

Players that play for clubs watch any game that happens to fall on a day they aren't playing. Do you not watch your second team if the firsts don't have a game?

Also who said anything about supporting? Truro have more followers than fans, I'm any club in Cornwall does. But I think we have alot more of a core supporters base than many around. The fact our average attendance is 481 (the highest in the league by a fair percentage I may add) proves this, so was 450 really that generous? I would call yours 150 and that's generous considering it's only that high because of 1 game, crowd full of neutrals I may add again. Take away our big gate and we have a high of 668 and a low of 203. Yours in comparison 133 as a high, 57 as a low. I'll leave you to work out the averages with them.

I'd also like to mention, and mean this honestly with no disrespect as I would be honoured to play for a side with the histories such as Bodmin, Falmouth, St. Blazey etc..., but being involved occasionally with the first team squad, people are excited for me who know nothing about football. If I said I had broke into Newquay firsts I don't think I would get the same enthusiasm.

I would also like to know where you are getting the budget from? And how would you know other teams budgets to compare, ie. other SWPL sides or Conf. South?

Just like to finish with the county population of 513,527, of which you state 500,000 don't care about Truro. I think we've proved that roughly 15,000 care enough to watch us in London, so 498,527 dont care. Newquay, 513, 400 don't give a crap about you. I could get a poll with people up north asking what they associate Newquay with and I bet they'd all come back not even knowing a half decent football side existed.

Just a few references for attendance figures I got online.

http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/...ion=attendances

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Stats_&_Facts/attendances

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...onf/6652343.stm

Can you back up your references of budgets? PM them if you like. I obviously wouldn't want your bosses to know you snoop through the books to find out people's taxes and earning's would I?

36,232 at Wembley

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Vase)

I'll try and bring my posting back to some form of normality, as the Truro element have grasped just one little point on which to beat me with... and failed. The rest of the post reads as follows;

Truro City FC have done nothing for Cornish Football, most other clubs in the county have hard working folk helping out, supporting, playing and do it for the love of the game (a bit of petrol and beer money at most), not for the glory of one man.

My thoughts on the owner and the 'glory hunters' are well known. The players (other than young Liam) have all played at a higher level and failed, they were given the opportunity to be paid big bucks to play football in a lovely part of the world and I don't blame them, so would I if I had the ability.

The fact remains, that Truros budget was triple/quadruple that of most other clubs in the Conference South let alone the Gas league, and played against sides that are still run by committees not a rich owner. I hope the true fans of the old AFC who stayed when the builder walked in, enjoy visiting new grounds, it is the only thing I envy about Truro City FC.

Most SWPL Div 1 West sides can put a whole squad out for the cost of 45mins of one Truro player, now that is what I call value for money... doing it for Cornish football, don't make me laugh !

As for the point about money, anyone with any interest in football of all levels gets to hear roughly what each club is paying, forums such as this and web/news articles on leagues are also a good source of info, you should try it sometime. As for the FA Vase scenario, twin that with Twickenham and there is your answer, add the 'new Wembley' factor and most were day trippers not supporters.

As I have already stated, I hope that all enjoy the new grounds in the new Division.

Jasa, all your points are valid, I've got no problem with that.

But Truro are out of everyones league now in Cornwall, so there can't really be a comparison. It would be the same if Mr Heaney put his money into, Falmouth, Newquay, St Blazey, Bodmin, the majority of people that follow Truro, would go to watch one of those clubs instead.

In comparison to when Truro were at SWL level, what were the crowds then? I would say Newquay's generous average of 150 a game would outweigh that of Truro's back then.

Judge, YOU say that Truro are doing nothing for Cornish football if the Cornish lads at Newquay and I presume you have got Cornish lads playing for Newquay wanted to have a chance at playing professional football at which club would they stand a chance of being noticed..

THINK MAN,,, Think of the CORNISH youngsters

Yes I have already mentioned Liam Eddy and good luck to the young man. No doubt in another 3 or 4 years another Cornish based lad will also make the breakthrough.

Crowdwise, The FA Vase visit to Wembley cannot be coupled with Twickenham because RUGBY puts on multiple games in their efforts to fill the stadium and usually end up with empty seats, LONDON WASPS the European Champions LAST SEASON play just a mile from my home, they Saracens, Harlequins and London Irish all playing at Twickenham on the same day couldn't fill Twickenham (I was there), that is why each year I am offered English Rugbys premier rugby Cup Final tickets to a maximum of EIGHT. try getting a FA Cup Final ticket, that is virtually impossible.

The Judge says he knows what Truro's budget is, he admits he gets his info from RUMOUR, talking to others, HE DOES NOT KNOW, speculation is not fact.

One thing that frightens most of Truro's opponents is the trip to Cornwall, many have stated that that one trip wipes out any profit for the season, now if Truro are 3/4 times financially stronger that is more than wiped out by the TWENTY ONE trips thay have to make, Mr Heaney's money DOES MAKE SOME DIFFERENCE but not on the scale The Judge suggests when he is attempting to belittle the teams achievedment.

To get players to play in Cornwall of the standard required will cost more, no one disputes that but not to the exaggerated figures being bandied about, balance that to the ADVANTAGES gained by the clubs located near London and Bristol and we LEAVE The Judge world and join THE REAL ONE, because of the standard of football played in the Southern league, many professional clubs farm their young talent out to Southern league clubs for experience, others have dispensed with players because of the credit crunch, they are playing at SL level etc., teams that were easy to beat earlier in the season are difficult now, bottom clubs hitting above their weight. Devon and Cornwall hasn't the talent to feed the three Devon professional clubs with youngsters, that is because of the population level so until now clubs in Cornwall have suffered to hold those who shine, it is little wonder City are playing players from a higher level.

I dispute The Judge FAILED statement, THREE of City's current team played at Old Trafford in the 0-0 draw by Exeter against Manchester United not so long ago, if that is failure perhaps THE JUDGE could tell us his achievements to what success is.

JUDGE the Truro contingent have not failed, you have proved nothing.

You have failed for NOT ANSWERING about THE NEWQUAY ATTENDANCE FIGURES SCANDAL.

Only a few more days and the players are due all their back wages owed, or was the statement "The players might possibly be paid at the end of the season" true and now that most, if not all contracts are at an end it will be cheers lads, thanks for getting us promotion but there's nothing in the kitty to pay you. Like it or lump it you've had all you're going to get, goodbye.

How many will stay when the season is over?

Perhaps new players in for next season, a reduced budget, rumours of wrong doings by a certain chairman and his girlfriend (I can't elaborate for fear of soliciters but a few people know a few things), it might go tits-up in the next 12 months.

Does the funding stop for Truro City Ladies at the end of next season or the one after?

One thing that frightens most of Truro's opponents is the trip to Cornwall, many have stated that that one trip wipes out any profit for the season, now if Truro are 3/4 times financially stronger that is more than wiped out by the TWENTY ONE trips thay have to make, Mr Heaney's money DOES MAKE SOME DIFFERENCE but not on the scale The Judge suggests when he is attempting to belittle the teams achievedment.

Ivor, this is one thing you said, saying that money "DOES MAKE SOME DIFFERENCE" can I just ask where you think Truro would be without Mr Heaney at all?????

DARREN.

Without Mr Heaney Truro City FC would probably be a reformed AFC Truro NOW.

With Mr Heaney's money AND INCREASED SUPPORT they are competing at a level none of us ever expected for a Cornish team and still climbing and long may it continue.

Only those who stick their heads in the sand can say it will go on for ever, ask the supporters, they/we know that to finance a Duchy team at the higher levels of non league football and beyond is horrendous, it is also thought that one day the gravy train could/will shudder to a halt and more than likely go into reverse, woe be the day that happens but those who have experienced the journey, jumped on the bandwagon or whatever, they will always remember the experience, that is thanks to Mr Heaney, even those who crossed the Tamar to experience the "New" Wembley not bothered about Truro City's fate have their memories, they too experienced it thanks to him, if Truro hadn't been playing like it or not, they WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE.

What has been built is the START of a good FANBASE, if the gravy ran out, those fans would be looked to to continue the job albeit at a LOWER level, possibly the Western League Premier, however, to maintain that level successfully the attendance would need to improve 50% in two years and a bit more each year after, at todays Southern League level we realistically need gates of 1000+.

THE $1,000,000 question is, would Mr Heaney still own the club, would it fold and need reforming as a version of AFC Truro and where would the club play.

Hypothetical Questions, Mr Heaney has his heart in Truro City, his body language at away games is not that of someone thinking of pulling out of his commitment to the club.

ONLY TIME WILL TELL

Watch out Blue Square Conference - TRURO CITY are on their way :yahoo:

Main message not altered I put Star and not Square.

Thanks for your good comments Ivor,

But what I meant was, if Mr Heaney hadn't taken over at Truro then they would still be a SWL club, with gates of probably 40 or 50.

What he's done for "Truro City" is brilliant for that football club, don't get me wrong. But I would have thought that at some stage along the line, Mr Heaney would like it if the club was run without the aid of his personal fortune, if you know what I mean. like the club could bring in its own income to pay the wages that they are currently paying.

In my opinion, to compete at the level Truro are, then they have to pay the money they're paying to attract the players to drive the 100 - 200 miles to a home game that they are doing each week. Will those wages have to go up next season? I doubt it, as I assume that most are on some sort of contract that may continue over to next year.

By the way, how much will ticket prices be next season?? £8 or £10 this year wasn't it?? will next season see it rise again??

On that note, cost of officials will probably rise as well won't it? How many officials can ref or assist at that level reside in Devon or Cornwall???

Agreed SWL now SWP

Yes paying it's way (Are there such clubs?) hence my mention of 1000+ gates.

As I mentioned before as a family we sponsor teams in the league Truro have just won, I do talk to people at the clubs, I was speaking to one of the senior officials at Beaconsfield SYCOB, I commented that it has to be difficult for them with low gates to compete considering wages, the reaction was "our team play for fractionally above travelling expences", that is it in a nutshell. Truro City because of location have to pay over the odds for this standard of football, my example is that the only team to take six points from Truro City this season did so whilst only paying barely over travel expences.

It just goes to show the battle Truro City have to compete.

Admission Prices:

This season they have varied from £6 to £8 but £8 has been the price at most clubs.

Next season I think the norm will be £10 that has been charged most in the Premier this year.

OAP prices have been consistant 50%

Child prices have been variable, some of the less supported like Windsor & Eton have for some games allowed kids free if accompanied by an adult, 'scraping the barrel if you ask me' because if the interest is not there that carrot does not raise the Dad/Mum couch potato out of the fireside chair.

Truro City will continue to compete against all the odds.

Watch Out Blue Square Conference - TRURO CITY are on their way.

man what a bunch of brain dead idiots

. you can say exactly the same things about plymouth or any team for that matter . you just got a bee in your bonnet about truro . how many clubs in this country use just local talent with a local following . i can answer it for you not one single club . so all your points are pathetic i see people here with a club they follow and a premier league club . you gonna tell me you all just support . lets say judge question for you is newquay the only team you follow . probably not as i have heard your really a wanna be russki with chelski . didnt they also buy the premier league . so all your rants at city ar :SM_carton: e sort of having a glass house and throwing stones . 99% of clubs in this country have out of area players . define for me a local talent because i bet even newquay have players from more than ten miles from there. :c: . even city fans follow other teams its called freedom of choice

I just want to thank Mr. Heaney for putting Cornish football on the map.

This was in the very first post on this thread, hence the replies he has had from more than one member of the forum.

KERN - It is well documented, that I was born within 2 miles of Stamford Bridge and was a regular in The Shed even back in the old 2nd Division (yes there were 4 correctly named Divs before Sky, some of us remember when Liverpool used to win Div 1, the thing you would call The Premiership).

Buying the Prem League is the done thing, Blackburn had Jack Walker to thank, Leeds went bust after winning it, failing in Europe and then getting relegated, Man Utd have always spent big, Arsenal have probably been the most careful moneywise. The majoirty of the Prem winning Chelsea squad were already at the Bridge and finished 2nd in the Prem the season before the Russian arrived. Ken Bates saved the club and Matthew Harding RIP started the modern Blues revolution.

As far as Newquay players are concerned, I would hazard a guess that 95% of the SWPL squad live within 10 miles of Mount Wise, I'm sure that Dudas would confirm this.

None of the above has anything to do with Truro City but as you havn't made any sensible comment on your club, I don't see why I should either.

As far as Newquay players are concerned, I would hazard a guess that 95% of the SWPL squad live within 10 miles of Mount Wise, I'm sure that Dudas would confirm this.

i rest my case only 95% of the squad . if you cant understand my point then stick to newquays boards . and leave citys boartds alone 5% of your team according to you are not local . your not local least im a cornishman and proud of ANYTHING A CORNISH SIDE DOES BE IT RUGBY OR FOOTBALL CRICKET OR EVEN *CHOKE * GOLF . maybe your problem is not being cornish you dont understand local :):c::c: :drink:

i rest my case only 95% of the squad . if you cant understand my point then stick to newquays boards . and leave citys boartds alone 5% of your team according to you are not local . your not local least im a cornishman and proud of ANYTHING A CORNISH SIDE DOES BE IT RUGBY OR FOOTBALL CRICKET OR EVEN *CHOKE * GOLF . maybe your problem is not being cornish you dont understand local :):c::c::drink:

You must return to your village immediately, they are lost without their idiot !

I have a new philosphy, 'never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience'

follow the a30 to the m5 eventually you will reach london . newquay afc will probably thank you for leaving . oh and dont let the door slam you in the butt as you leave

saying that london probably wouldnt want you back .

I wasnt aware leeds ever won the premier league!!!!

Flippin eck, I've been sussed ! They actually finished 2nd and got to the Semi Final of the Champions league and then got relegated.

Actual winners list...

1993 Manchester United

1994 Manchester United

1995 -Blackburn Rovers

1996 Manchester United

1997 Manchester United

1998 Arsenal

1999 Manchester United

2000 Manchester United

2001 Manchester United

2002 Arsenal

2003 Manchester United

2004 -Arsenal

2005 Chelsea

2006 -Chelsea

2007 Manchester United

2008 -Manchester United

Guest Man on the Post

A few seasons ago when Truro 1st team last played at Mount Wise, (Boxing Day 2005?), I asked an elderly Newquay fan what he thought of the Judge. His reply was an adaptation of a Humphrey Bogart line from the film Cassablanca. With a shake of his head he replied, ‘Of all the football clubs in all the world he had to walk into mine!’ Says it all. :D

i wonder if all the "thanks" to heaney and his praise for putting up all the money would be more supported if he had not ripped off 100+ local bussiness. perhaps when he finds the money for the players at the end of season he will also find the money for the hard working folk of cornwall, ... and pigs may fly

:SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

A few seasons ago when Truro 1st team last played at Mount Wise, (Boxing Day 2005?), I asked an elderly Newquay fan what he thought of the Judge. His reply was an adaptation of a Humphrey Bogart line from the film Cassablanca. With a shake of his head he replied, ‘Of all the football clubs in all the world he had to walk into mine!’ Says it all. :D

B R I L L I A N T - Posting of the Week - :yahoo:

Man on the Posts contribution should be cut and pasted onto the

Cornish Soccer Forums "Hall of Fame" if it had one.

I've heard a rumour about girlfriends and mortgages!!

Plus repossesions.

Heard a company from upcountry (not too far really) are making noises about 'unpaid' bills and may submit a complaint to their local FA in a bid to have the big FA look into matters.

10 point deduction before the end of the season ???

Plus repossesions.

Heard a company from upcountry (not too far really) are making noises about 'unpaid' bills and may submit a complaint to their local FA in a bid to have the big FA look into matters.

and they would still win the league

Plus repossesions.

Can anyone from the general population of Truro enlighten me (or do I already know :ninja: )

If you know something that you can substantiate why dont you tell us all.

If not why do you persist in spreading harmful rumours

Plus repossesions.

and they would still win the league

Plus repossesions.

Can anyone from the general population of Truro enlighten me (or do I already know :ninja: )

If you know something that you can substantiate why dont you tell us all.

If not why do you persist in spreading harmful rumours

Because, sometimes when you get a little too close for comfort, the legal boys step in (if he can afford them). I and others have said a few things in the past with not a wimper from himself but this one just ain't gonna go away... I'm sure the press boys are already on it. Will the rug be pulled if it is 10 points this season and 30 next ?

I really really don't know why you reply to mr everyone hates my club because of me and mr hypocrite.

TeddyBoy was the very man last year who said he would never follow a club who were financially dominant within a league or whom pumped money in. Oops. He supports a team whose budget isn't a million miles from Truro's. Arguably, for their relative levels PZ's is far worse.

This is the man who also called one of Cornwall's best managers an idiot and said he would never end up at Penzance while he followed the club. Oops. Good to see your still a Mewton fan Teddyboy. Presumably you haven't watched the first team this year? Oops.

Teddyboy. Stay in your forum and talk rubbish about your money drenched Trevor Mewton managed team. Oops.

All the best to Truro & PZ. I won't be caught taliing rubbish about either when I know nothing or am a blatant hypocrite.