Cornwall Football Forum

Results 07/4/09

Guest B Manley

Guest B Manley

angell who did you reckon was man of the match in the game penryn v perranwell

My Vote Goes To Chris 'Beanie' Symons In Goal Pure Class Some Great Saves

Guest Sam Boston

Attendance at Wendron/Perranporth was about 20 brave souls outside and 7 who bagged the best seats inside upstairs - 30 tops

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Town 6 - 2 Newquay (H/T 3-0)

1-0 - 25m Ryan Harris

2-0 - 26m Ben Stidwell

3-0 - 45+1m Ben Stidwell

4-0 - 47m OG

5-0 - 62m Bobby Bryant

5-1 - 66m

5-2 - 71m

6-2 - 75m Alex Miller

Att: 20

Referee: Nigel Nicholls

st just 4 ludgvan 1. st just scorers were stuart nicholls 2,scott meagor and matt gendall, ludgvan scorer was i think ashley matthews. st just 4 1 up half time and to be fair didn't deserve anything more in the second half. another top display of refereeing by big george p again!!

st just 4 ludgvan 1. st just scorers were stuart nicholls 2,scott meagor and matt gendall, ludgvan scorer was i think ashley matthews. st just 4 1 up half time and to be fair didn't deserve anything more in the second half. another top display of refereeing by big george p again!!

Attendance about 25.

Well done to Ludgvan who kept St Just at bay in the second half. Still only one point though...

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

Just showed how much Hayle needed the points tonights by fielding 5+ 1st team players plus Wayne Quinn. The second Lett,Shields and Quinn came off the game was completely different. Second half was 2-1 to the Saints. Cant wait to play them on a Sat when no 1st players are in......Could be a opposite scoreline!!

Just showed how much Hayle needed the points tonights by fielding 5+ 1st team players plus Wayne Quinn. The second Lett,Shields and Quinn came off the game was completely different. Second half was 2-1 to the Saints. Cant wait to play them on a Sat when no 1st players are in......Could be a opposite scoreline!!

penzance loaded up against st.ives tonight, still lost 1-0!!

Perranwell tonight scored a perfect goal that was given by the ref, at first, but yet the Penryn club linesman chose to flag off side and that set the tone for his night he may not be able to run the line again this season due to the strain of his arm going up on nearly every Perranwell attack , penryn who came in hope of a draw could have made it a decent game and gone for the win , who said the pitch is bad at perranwell as the penryn first team boys were happy to come play on it lol or was it for the money ,,,,, shame for the reguler second team boys being dropped ,.

as a matter of interest who were the 5+1st team players.? <_<

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Heard that Newquay 2nds struggled to put a side out and reports I have had state that anything between 4 and 7 Falmouth first teamers were in the squad tonight, can you confirm Pidge ?

Guest Postie Pidge

I can confirm that Falmouth did utalise some first teamers tonight. With Marc Rose possibly out for the season, Jason Chapman was in the sticks tonight. Three uni boys away for the Easter holidays, Bryn and Stevie Kells injured and on holiday Ryan Harris took advantage and brought in some first teamers to make up the numbers

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Cheers mate, a few of the Combo lads were a little miffed but if you had players out then fair enough.

Holmans 2-0 St Agnes

Goalscorers

Tom Hogarth

Daniel Jewell

Attendance - 20

A depleted Holmans side who had 5 regular FHFL players starting that had played the night before put in a good performance to take all 3 points at Blaythorne. St Agnes started brightly with the wind behind them 1st half and Paul Williams in the Holmans goal was forced to pull off a couple of diving saves.

Neil Pitt for Holmans found himself in space on the edge of the St Agnes area with only the keeper to beat only to try and hit the top right corner but saw the ball go wide of the post.

Tom Hogarth scored the 1st goal for Holmans from a corner when Pitt headed the ball into his path in the 6yd box for him to scramble it home for his 4th goal in 2 games.

The 2nd half saw Holmans with the wind advantage which required some resolute defending from St Agnes and shots from Mark Mitchell and the ever lively Frazer Cadman were well saved. The 2nd goal for the home side came from a cross/shot from Daniel Jewell finding the bottom left hand corner of the net and wrapping up 3 valuable points.

Holmans next entertain Illogan this Saturday in the QF of the supp cup 2:30 kick off

Guest Patch8

as a matter of interest who were the 5+1st team players.? <_<

Well the so called 5+ first teamers was actually 3 matt sheils, wayne quinn and scott jose all because the 2nds had a few so called 2nd teamers out. Sounds a lot like sour grapes to me we need the points and put out a side to get the points what is wrong with that???

Guest Patch8

Nothing wrong with using first team players as that's what a CLUB is about but I count four, Patch: Lett, Palmer, Quinn and Shiels. 7 of the 8 goals scored by them!

Christian Lett doesnt play for the first team hasnt played for them all season, he plays for truro 3rd team at the moment as for palmer he wife is pregnant and has been with the 2nd team for at least 4 weeks.

Perranwell tonight scored a perfect goal that was given by the ref, at first, but yet the Penryn club linesman chose to flag off side and that set the tone for his night he may not be able to run the line again this season due to the strain of his arm going up on nearly every Perranwell attack , penryn who came in hope of a draw could have made it a decent game and gone for the win , who said the pitch is bad at perranwell as the penryn first team boys were happy to come play on it lol or was it for the money ,,,,, shame for the reguler second team boys being dropped ,.

If an attacker, or any other player is offside when a ball is played through the linesman is entitled to put his flag up every time!

Penryn did have two first team players in but no one was dropped for these players, laurie who is regular centre back away on holiday and paul hart right back knocked out with the flu, and surely that is what a club is for if the firsts are short they will ask players to help out from the second team and visa versa.

Penryn fully deserved their point tonight great battling performance, if that was earlier in the season would of lost it 3/4 nil.

I do love the way people always pipe up on here and speak a whole lot of bull poop! money?? or maybe because they want to play football for the CLUB they play for.

Takes the unbeaten run to twelve.

If an attacker, or any other player is offside when a ball is played through the linesman is entitled to put his flag up every time!

Penryn did have two first team players in but no one was dropped for these players, laurie who is regular centre back away on holiday and paul hart right back knocked out with the flu, and surely that is what a club is for if the firsts are short they will ask players to help out from the second team and visa versa.

Penryn fully deserved their point tonight great battling performance, if that was earlier in the season would of lost it 3/4 nil.

I do love the way people always pipe up on here and speak a whole lot of bull poop! money?? or maybe because they want to play football for the CLUB they play for.

There's no point defending that linesman, your centre-backs admitted that the goal should've stood. I think everyone knows what he did.

The first team players you introduced didn't have any impact on the game at all.

In the last 12 games you mustered 24 points, Perranwell made 29. Football is about points, goals and fairplay. Not about disallowing goals and maintaining unbeaten runs.

Congrats

Adam,

You beat me to it. I was going to ask which 2nd teamers were dropped?

I felt we worked hard and deserved a point.

My back is bloody sore today though, must have pulled something, maybe picking up my pay packet full of pennies or perhaps it was because i was carrying you.

Cheers,

Pottsy.

PS - Im surprised at the critisism of the referee on here! Charlie Philpott is one of the best! Im surprised with his referee qualifications, that he still has time to referee games of our limited talents.

Mr Potts a simple answer to your all your aches and pains = old age :D

Any team to go to perranwell and get a point is a well earned point

as i stated 2-3 weeks ago penryn are on some run and it would be interesting to see the form table for say last 8-10 weeks they would have to be in top five.

Did jake harvey play for perranwell

I thought Charlie Philpott shouldn't of wasted his time reff'in a combo game!!!

He may have the Football League shirt and the fancy orange whistle, but he gave some very strange decisions and mostly went the way of his mates in Red and Black, there goalie(Beany) was even laughing at some of them!! So stick to the fizzy league and thanks to his mate lovin session last night, Perran are now out of the league title chase!!!

Guest WINNO

Sorry, little bit of dinho, i was responding to Super Saints post in reference to the Perranwell v Penryn game.

Mr Stephens, you are correct - My age is the problem!!!

Heard it was your 400th game for the mighty borough last night buddy. Well m8 thats class in this day and age m8. Keep going you got a few years left yet. C u next season m8......

Just disappointed, fair play to Penryn they must of stuck to there game plan and it worked! Pete"Blue Blood" Davey was solid at the back and Steve Owen looked good, first time i've seen him play. Some outstanding save's from Chris Symons got them the draw.

Heard it was your 400th game for the mighty borough last night buddy. Well m8 thats class in this day and age m8. Keep going you got a few years left yet. C u next season m8......

Thanks Sy (WINNO) buddy,

The comments coming from you are very kind.

Think it was officially my 401st senior game for Penryn last night (400th was Saturday when we beat Falmouth Town!).

Not sure that i have much playing time left, like you im getting too old now!!! Ha Ha

See you soon mate.

Guest Monty

well done pottsy me old fruit cake ######

You would be able to play much freely if you had the best uncapped centre half in the country playing along side youXX

yes it may of been a different game if the disallowed goal would have stood but we have been unlucky on the last 2 tuesday nights to come up against 2 keepers who played out of their skins and that has denied us 4 points. In saying that penryn had as much of the game and Steve Owen hit the bar and had a late chance with 2 minutes to go that i just got a hand to so we may of got no points at all. Penryn have a good young side at the moment and that will bode well for next season.

Pottsy your nearly old enough to get your age on the back of your shirt :yahoo:

As for sunday we will be lucky to be able to field a side with 2 subs with all the injuries and withdrawels but will give it our best shot.

There's no point defending that linesman, your centre-backs admitted that the goal should've stood. I think everyone knows what he did.

The first team players you introduced didn't have any impact on the game at all.

In the last 12 games you mustered 24 points, Perranwell made 29. Football is about points, goals and fairplay. Not about disallowing goals and maintaining unbeaten runs.

Congrats

I don't know where I stated that Penryn's run had produced more points than Perranwell's?? (don't think I did, just mentioned that the Penryn boys have being doing well of late and done well to turn round what was a terrible start to the season) But well done to Perranwell for their 29 out of a possible 36, impressive.

I can't recall any decisions that were that strange by the ref either.

Alot of this sounds like sour grapes too me, anything other than a perranwell win last night was obviously going to result in the finger of blame being pointed in some direction and we've had three directions so far; the ref, the lino and the players! I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this occasion.

Good luck for your remaining games. :)

yes it may of been a different game if the disallowed goal would have stood but we have been unlucky on the last 2 tuesday nights to come up against 2 keepers who played out of their skins and that has denied us 4 points. In saying that penryn had as much of the game and Steve Owen hit the bar and had a late chance with 2 minutes to go that i just got a hand to so we may of got no points at all. Penryn have a good young side at the moment and that will bode well for next season.

Pottsy your nearly old enough to get your age on the back of your shirt :yahoo:

As for sunday we will be lucky to be able to field a side with 2 subs with all the injuries and withdrawels but will give it our best shot.

totally agree! some great saves by both keepers!! well played last night.