Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls 0 Newquay 4

A really good all round performance from the boys yesterday. Jake Hartigan opened the scoring 20 minutes in with a spectacular left foot strike from 25 yards that the keeper had no chance with. 5 minutes from half time Shaun Middleton scored from the edge of the area to increase Newquay's lead. A nice birthday present for Shaun. On the stroke of half time A Paul Hampshire shot was deflected high into the air but the keeper seemed to misjudge the flight and under pressure from Sam McKune the ball appeared to go in off the keeper's legs. Dobwalls came out strongly in the early part of the second half but the defence held firm and Shanks in goal made one wonder save turning a sweet left foot strike around the post. Newquay came more into the second half and Scott Palmer hit the bar with a clipped left foot shot and Midds headed over from close in. Luke Weldhen had a great left foot volley that just went wide. Joff Bunt sealed the victory with a nice first time finish from the edge of the area. Thanks to Dobwalls for a cracking pitch and great after game refreshments back at the Highwayman.

Guest Peppermint

Good summary Jimbo - no mention of the most blatant penalty claim I have witnessed this year for the foul on Scott Palmer. Always the diplomat Jim!!!!!!!!!

Guest Scooter

According to the ref he didnt touch me haha!!!! Great videos aswell whoever recorded them!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Its not often that you see me shoot with my left foot :)

i thought dobwalls would be considerable challengers theway they were goig but losing against teams lower than them, bar newquay is quite a difference since we beat them 2-1.

but results dont count for anything until the season has finished. we play dobwalls at home next saturday and the way we are performing at the moment anything can happen. 1 win and 2 losses in the last 3 games, dobwalls will feel they can get something from this game. come back lucassi.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

SW Peninsula Div One West

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts

1 Penzance 26 19 3 4 89 31 58 60

2 Porthleven 25 19 1 5 88 38 50 58

3 Newquay 25 18 2 5 75 35 40 56

4 Penryn Athletic 27 17 2 8 60 42 18 53

5 St Austell 23 14 6 3 59 32 27 48

6 Foxhole Stars 27 12 7 8 61 47 14 43

7 Callington Town 22 13 3 6 54 32 22 42

8 Dobwalls 26 12 4 10 49 36 13 40

9 Camelford 28 11 5 12 51 60 -9 38

10 Truro City Reserves (P) 29 11 5 13 50 66 -16 38

11 Godolphin Atlantic (P) 25 10 4 11 48 48 0 34

12 Hayle 28 9 6 13 62 63 -1 33

13 Mousehole 27 8 3 16 42 68 -26 27

14 Plymstock United (T) 30 7 5 18 43 71 -28 26

15 Wendron United 28 5 5 18 27 83 -56 20

16 Vospers Oak Villa 27 4 3 20 36 80 -44 15

17 Millbrook 27 3 2 22 32 94 -62 11

Enough said !

Guest Peppermint

In reply to Devon[i will give you a capital letter] - you state that your club is Saltash United so I don't where you have seen Newquay on enough occasions to make that snap judgement of them.

Since the season started the team has got a lot stronger with Hampshire and the League's leading scorer Robertson joining in October and January respectively.

Callymike goes on about beating Newquay early in the season and how Callington are stronger but has the Judge succintly puts it look at the league table.

I let the team do the talking on the field - they have had a great season whatever happens and without the club paying silly sums of money!!!!! The team have given the Newquay faithful some great moments this campaign.

Guest devon

SW Peninsula Div One West

1 Penzance 26 19 3 4 89 31 58 60

2 Porthleven 25 19 1 5 88 38 50 58

3 Newquay 25 18 2 5 75 35 40 56

Enough said !

1 Penzance 26 19 3 4 89 31 58 60 2 Porthleven 25 19 1 5 88 38 50 58

[b]3 Newquay 25 18 2 5 75 35 40 56

not really pal. im from Penzance not saltash. also you will find we are top! not 3rd

Guest Peppermint

Devon - if you are a Penzance fan then why the hell does it state on your profile under club - Saltash United!!!

Penzance - yes that it is the team Newquay played off the park one evening in November I think!!!!!!!!!!

Guest devon

im not a fan- i play for penzance - as you said before to cally mike - result does not matter as we are top.

all you got is Hampshire...be good if you could start to play the passing game not route 1!! dear oh dear!

I viewed this thread because I wanted to know how Newquay got on and to read a bit about the game, which the first five posts manage to achieve.

Callymike and Devon - for the time being you are also going to have to live with being 'not that great' and in the same league as Newquay... and even if any side does get promoted to the premier, does that suddenly make them great or is it where sides like Penzance and Newquay should really be playing their football?

Guest Peppermint

If you are a Penzance player then why have you got Saltash United on your profile.

Pointless continuing with the discussion.

Those neutrals that have seen Newquay on a number of occasions will I am sure reiterate that they play good passing football. Paul Hampshire is a great player but there are a number of others in a predominantly LOCAL team!!!!!!!!!

Guest devon

i live in Saltash pal - mr attitude peppermint! all because we are top. but yeah agree with the chap that said Newquay and Penzance should be in the prem.. 2 great clubs.

wot happened down hayle then!!?

So Mr Devon from Saltash and playing for PZ, that must cost your club one hell of a lot of money in 'expenses' so that you can attend training and matches + of course your appearance fee. And to think, that you have several clubs within 15 miles of your home that are playing a much higher standard than PZ.

As we sang that wonderful night in November... "what a waste of money"

Although hypothetical, Newquay would still be in the same place in the league and Hayle have been deprived of moving one place up the table to 11th. Who knows what this may mean at the end of the season, I guess it will be down to results between top sides to ultimately influence who will gain promotion.

Guest Peppermint

Great to see another local lad playing for the Magpies - no problem with attitude Devon just pointing out some facts and trying to get over that Newquay play good football and not make sweeping statements that just denigrate teams.

Guest devon

good players always go where the money is!! look at Truro! thats a good sign that the club has alot of ambition....

look at our team - the class - skill - quality -

now look at Newquay - good nightlife - surfers - ah and hampshire

good players always go where the money is!! look at Truro! thats a good sign that the club has alot of ambition....

So, if all of the good players have signed for Truro, does that leave the mediocre to sign for other teams that have the budget/aspirations/temporary financial support?

There are plenty of good clubs with ambition that are able to operate in a way that makes economic sense, as Manchester City are showing, money may not buy you the success that you may feel should immediately occur. It is those clubs that seem to have a reasonable degree of loyalty from players, rather than the seasoned journeymen that will travel across the county for an extra fiver.

Comparing Penzance FC with Newquay as a town is fundamental flaw in your argument!

Guest devon

ha ha! will be down Newquay on Tuesday night watching - Newquay 1 vs St Austell 3.

good bit of banter. i like it!

no i will stop now......Newquay are a good club - Jim Hilton has done a superb job this season...hopefully you will get promoted, you deserve it - good surpporters - good team - good manager - and yes you do have 11 good players.

hopefully see you soon.

ok pal, you carry on playing 2nds!!! will play that level when im 50!

Not sure your IQ would ever reach 50

Does anyone else get the feeling that PZ are a little worried by budget careful Newquay, May 1st 7.30pm, lets see who has the last word on this one then.

ok pal, you carry on playing 2nds!!! will play that level when im 50!

Not sure your IQ would ever reach 50

Does anyone else get the feeling that PZ are a little worried by budget careful Newquay, May 1st 7.30pm, lets see who has the last word on this one then.

ME LAST WORD NEWQUAY 3 PZ 1

are you newquay and penzance fans, representatives forgetting anything.

devon, i see youve only just registered with us. it clearly states you are saltash united but play for penzance. i understand that you support saltash living in the area and playing for penzance so i dont understand why people are moaning about that. if i was living in weston mill, plymouth i would support vospers even if i played for callington, but i dont.

the season hasnt finished and there are other teams still in the mix. comparing both yourselves, yes penzance got the money to pay good players and newquay, the best team of 2009, but st austell, callington, penryn and porthleven still have the chance to close the gap. callington have not played well as late but still have 5 games in hand, i think, on penzance. 5 wins leaves 3 points behind to still play penzance last game of the season.

we play newquay on the 22nd so judge can you get as many supporters as possible to come along, please advertise as best you can so we can get a large crowd not just to help callington but this will be a real 6-pointer contest. also as you know i do the programme so get as many to pay 50p for a programme cause at moment we arent even selling 15 so its a waste of my time and printing really doing a programme that no-one reads.

but to be honest i think we are far behind other teams to even come second now but our aim was top 6

Guest Dennis Irwin

newquay are not that great tho- hampshire is there star player

Seems as if devons contradicting himself a bit..one minute Newquay arent that great..and then its Newquay and Penzance should both be in the league above? Laughable that newquay only have one decent player, im pretty sure that one player doesnt get you to 3rd in the league mate!

Guest devon

like i said all for abit of banter...but it just shows how much passion you guys have got down there...

i think its superb,

good luck to you all for rest of season.

Guest Peppermint

We all defend our teams and are passionate about them.

Good luck Devon except when you come to Mount Wise on a Friday evening in May - look forward to meeting you.

we play newquay on the 22nd so judge can you get as many supporters as possible to come along, please advertise as best you can so we can get a large crowd not just to help callington but this will be a real 6-pointer contest. also as you know i do the programme so get as many to pay 50p for a programme cause at moment we arent even selling 15 so its a waste of my time and printing really doing a programme that no-one reads.

Gotta be honest, the fact that it is a Champs League night and some of ours will be at Stamford Bridge, others will just stay and watch the match on TV... a 6.30pm k.o. dosn't help either. We had 37 at Dobwalls on Sat, if we bring 17 to you I will be happy. Of course, a lot will depend on our next 2 games v St Austell and G, 6 points from those and some may give the TV a miss. If you want to boost programme sales, I could always write a piece for you (I promise to be nice to our hosts).

I have mentioned the match in tomorrows programme notes and no doubt Peppermint will use his contacts at the Newquay Voice to drum up support.

Gotta be honest, the fact that it is a Champs League night and some of ours will be at Stamford Bridge, others will just stay and watch the match on TV... a 6.30pm k.o. dosn't help either. We had 37 at Dobwalls on Sat, if we bring 17 to you I will be happy. Of course, a lot will depend on our next 2 games v St Austell and G, 6 points from those and some may give the TV a miss. If you want to boost programme sales, I could always write a piece for you (I promise to be nice to our hosts).

I have mentioned the match in tomorrows programme notes and no doubt Peppermint will use his contacts at the Newquay Voice to drum up support.

cool i like your reply. two things tho that bother me at the moment. first one is easy, the champions league shows highlights later on and its only the 1st leg. secondly, if you would like to pm me some information on newquay as much info as you want and ill insert it in, but with our chairman away for 3 weeks im not sure what our seceretary will want to print. my chairman normally prints everything i send him but he's away so this will be interesting. as long as you'll be there im sure it'll be a gr8 atmosphere, NOT!!!!!

Judge & Callymike.

The 22nd is NOT a CL night. Chelsea are playing Everton in a re-arranged league game which is on SKY.

So whilst 2 of we regulars will miss the visit to Cally (again!) the rest won't have quite so many excuses.

Hope to visit on 9th May when we may need a favour as you're playing Pz.

if you are so committed to coming on the 9th v penzance you may also fancy coming along to porthleven's gala parc when we play them away on the tuesday nite 6th may our 2nd game in 3 games in a hectic weeks which sees us play 4 in 8 days.

then again maybe not cause your playing away v truro

Judge & Callymike.

The 22nd is NOT a CL night. Chelsea are playing Everton in a re-arranged league game which is on SKY.

So whilst 2 of we regulars will miss the visit to Cally (again!) the rest won't have quite so many excuses.

Hope to visit on 9th May when we may need a favour as you're playing Pz.

Got my Chelsea dates wrong but knew that you and Trish would be at the Bridge. Will certainly try to get as many as possible to Cally, will depend on tonight and fridays results though.