Cornwall Football Forum

Fabregas

It has been reported that Barcelona and Real Madrid are about to start off a bidding war for Fabregas that could see the price rise to a mind-blowing £45million!

Personally, I rate him as one of the best players in the world but nobody is worth that kind of money in these times. If another club wants to pay that much and he is keen to go then I would wish him the best and take the money. Think what we could do with £45m!

What do other people think?

I'm with you on this one MIDFIELD. In todays financial climate £45million is a whopping amount of money. It's well documented about how tight arsenal's finances are and I don't see how a figure so high could be ignored?.

Also, there's been ALOT of talk lately about how he is "apparantly" starting to believe he is bigger than the club and how his arrogance is causing unrest in the dressing room. There's also his more frequent ramblings about a "dream move" to Real Madrid, Barcelona etc etc.

Arsenal have a genius manager and I'm sure he'd find somebody equally as good to replace Fabregas.. Maybe get clever and ship Fabregas off to Barcelona and get some cash and young Yaya Toure in return?.

Totally agree Coopsie.

No player - no matter how good he is - is bigger than the club he plays for. It's well known that he is keen on a return to Spain (probably Barca). If that's the case then his heart really isn't with Arsenal then off you go and the best of luck. We would miss him but there are others out there. Good footballers always come through.

45 million ? Only if paid in Zimbabwean currency. Flabbygas has obviously had enough of being at a club that hasn't won anything for years and I expect he's playing second fiddle to young Arseshaver now.

I don't want to sound unkind, but Wenger's probably dreaming of collecting cuckoo clocks and living in the Alps near Grenoble now. He looks worse in that Michelin man coat than Tap Tap Trevor Mewton. From the waxy complexion and uncomfortable stance, I diagnose some sort of underlying bowel discomfort.

Let's face it, the poor Arse have become the new prawn sandwich boys: their crowd are so febrile they don't even notice when they've watched four consecutive goalless draws. Unlike Tottenham, there isn't always the possibility of exciting self-combustion, just the mournful whistling sound of air eructating from the tyres as the vehicle of thier season hiccups to a jolting, uneven, eventually stationary phut.

:D

Flabbygas has obviously had enough of being at a club that hasn't won anything for years....

What makes you say that? Please expand.

Have you forgotten who you're talking to Mangle?, Have you never seen him?, I think there has been enough "expanding" done over the years. ;):c:

(Meant in the lightest of spirits Mr Beer Sir)

Gargantuan would be my own term. Every time I look at that Spurs away kit I think of the stains remaining on the plate after a banana split has been crushed to death,. but however fat I get, my armpits will never be as bad as Allardyce's suit on Sunday.

While spreading good cheer about all the friendly clubs neighbouring the magnificent Blue Tinners of Stamford Bridge, is there anyone else out there who agrees with Martin O'Neill and me that there would NEVER have been five minutes of injury time at Old Trafford if United had been winning after 90?

Gargantuan would be my own term. Every time I look at that Spurs away kit I think of the stains remaining on the plate after a banana split has been crushed to death,. but however fat I get, my armpits will never be as bad as Allardyce's suit on Sunday.

While spreading good cheer about all the friendly clubs neighbouring the magnificent Blue Tinners of Stamford Bridge, is there anyone else out there who agrees with Martin O'Neill and me that there would NEVER have been five minutes of injury time at Old Trafford if United had been winning after 90?

A run down of all stoppages through the 2nd half came to a total of 4 mins 38secs so if you round that up it comes to 5 mins. Therefore nothing to moan about, hey imagine how much we would get if Mr Marsh was in charge!!

I would even pay Manchester United money to watch that, Duncan. Mr Marsh in charge of a Premiership game at Old Trafford, after generous lunchtime hospitality, with Mr O'Brien running one line and myself on the other. To make it more entertaining, I suggest you wander on in the second half to explain why you disagreed with the red cards issued to Rooney, Ronaldo and Van De Sar and the banishing of Purple Nose to the stand, preferably carrying a pint of bitter and a prawn sandwich just like you did when Perranwell and St Agnes drew 2-2.

As an entirely fair individual, do you not think United tend to get quite favourable treatment on match timings at Old Trafford, now and again ?

I believe it was the same griining git in black you had on Sunday, who allowed Tevez to open the scoring against Chelsea a couple of years ago just as the second minute of first half injury time was ticking into the third....after the fourth official had signalled that there was one extra minute to add.

Yes, I know these are "minimum" additions and the referee, like Larry,. has discretion, but at O.T. would you not admit, as an entirely fair-minded individual, that discretion sometimes strays past valour to effrontery, outrage and sheer O.T.T. "play till Fergie gets what he wants" ?

Be honest, Duncan !

Sorry, Mangel . Didn't mean to ignore your question. Which club trophies has Fabregas won and with which club ?

In my honest opinion I would say that every home team gets an advantage, Im sure even the most strong willed person may be "persuaded" with between 40 and 75 thousand men women and children screaming at them. Ive no doubt United have been awarded by this, but so has every other club. I honestly feel that because its United its get highlighted, bit like whenever Fergie looks at his watch the whole pub and every ABU watching will jeer him. Show me a manager who does not regularly look at his watch! Same could be said for football kits, United have been slated on many occasion for bringing out a new kit which like the vast majority of clubs they do so every 2nd season. Yet because its United it gets highlighted and they are accused of ripping off the fans. I do understand others frustrations but as we all know you have to play to the final whistle, ask Liverpool. They have scored more than any other club in or after the 90th min this season, anything said regarding time added on about any of these?

As for the ref on Sundays match I agree entirely he is a shambles, cant believe he didnt give us at least 3 pens ;)

Regarding the St Agnes Perranwell match I have absolutly no idea what you are talking about, sounds quite interesting though. Perhaps you have me mixed up with another Gillett who has played for Aggie(if not then I apologise to Lee) who by the way is no relation.

Please dont mention all 3 officials being in charge of 1 match in public, you will drive hundreds of grown men to the hills and never play the beautiful game again.

:drink:

Sorry, Mangel . Didn't mean to ignore your question. Which club trophies has Fabregas won and with which club ?

Arsenal

FA Cup: 2004–05

FA Community Shield: 2004–05

International

UEFA European Championship: 2008

Individual

FIFA U-17 Golden Shoe: 2003

FIFA U-17 Golden Ball: 2003

UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship Golden Player: 2004

Bravo Award: 2006

UEFA Team of the Year: 2006, 2008

Premier League Player of the Month: January 2007, September 2007

PFA Young Player of the Year: 2007–08

PFA Team of the Year: 2007–08

UEFA Team of the Tournament: 2008

Hope this helps your memory, Isaac! :D

Oh but you still have ignored the question.......you have a very good understanding of the English language, and continue to remind us of that. However, a simple question......

You said "Flabbygas has obviously had enough of being at a club that hasn't won anything for years....".

Now I asked you to explain why you should say that. You haven't!

Perhaps you don't understand the question. I didn't ask "what trophies has he won?".

You say "Fabregas has OBVIOUSLY HAD ENOUGH of being at a club etc etc".

Simple question really.....what makes you say that?

It has been reported that Barcelona and Real Madrid are about to start off a bidding war for Fabregas that could see the price rise to a mind-blowing £45million!

Personally, I rate him as one of the best players in the world but nobody is worth that kind of money in these times. If another club wants to pay that much and he is keen to go then I would wish him the best and take the money. Think what we could do with £45m!

What do other people think?

Fabregas wont be going anywhere.

Okay, chaps, so Flabbygas won one real trophy, the F.A.Cup, in five years ! He's been at Arsenal that long and they've only won a single gong since St Just lifted the Combo Cup twice in successive years ! That puits the extent of Arse success in a proper historical context !

You lot are that relieved that Vanilla have had a di[p in form that you think you're a big club again !!

If you want to see winners, Mangel, you should watch more local football !

I don't count all that golden balls rubbish given out by foreign journalists. No wonder he wants to join a serious club instead. The under-17 wot ?

Hey, I won the St. Just and St Buryan Circuit Methodist Bible Reading competition four years in succession when I was even younger than Flabbygas, so there !

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, whence cometh my help ! "

Time for the Arse to read Psalm 121 as well ! They need it ! :c: :drink:

Okay, chaps, so Flabbygas won one real trophy, the F.A.Cup, in five years ! He's been at Arsenal that long and they've only won a single gong since St Just lifted the Combo Cup twice in successive years ! That puits the extent of Arse success in a proper historical context !

If you want to see winners, Mangel, you should watch more local football !

Once again failed to answer the simple question. You've made a comment, someone has picked up on it and asked you to explain, and floundering, you choose to skate around the edges without providing your explanation, BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T GOT ONE???? The question is not about what trophies Arsenal have and have not won, who has been given an award for what, but why you state so categorically that the Arsenal captain has obviously had enough of Arsenal. I just don't get it. I don't know what you mean, and so I wish to receive an explanation so that I can understand.

I play every week in junior football, and when not playing, I get along to matches to watch.

• 1 month later...

All that rubbish that Hull came out with against Fabregas has been proved to be a load of b*****s.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5342067,00.html

Oh no it hasn't mate. This decision stinks of bullshit :angry2: . They were perhaps taking one persons word against anothers in the spitting affair BUT the charges for Fabregas going onto the pitch at the end of the game were dropped because the event is/was "unproven" :wacko: ..

It WAS on the TV for f**k sake, EVERYBODY saw him, ALL pundits spoke about it, the FA added the charge when Portsmouth made their original spitting complaint, yet they turn round and say no action can be taken because allegations are "unproven". :o

My response is NOTHING to do with the whole "Arsenal, Spurs rivalry" thing. I simply don't see how they came to this whole illogical conclusion. It's baffling to say the least :huh:

Guest Reginald Perrin

. Flabbygas has obviously had enough of being at a club that hasn't won anything for years

Please remind us all what Chelski have bought sorry won this season?? :c:

It is weird though isn't it mate. How can they possibly say the on the pitch incident was unproven when it was seen on TV's all over the world?. David Dein on the FA disciplinary panel by any chance?. ;)

Coopsie, where do you get your information from? I don't think the case about him going on to the pitch is "unproven". He clearly did. He celebrated. That was not the allegation as far as I know. It was to do with his conduct on the pitch. Is he not allowed to celebrate?

It was an "independent commission".

IF you now allege that his celebrations were completely over the top, which I guess you will, I suggest you watch a few more celebrations on tv from now on. Lots of players celebrate in "over the top" ways. There is no way that Fabregas should have received any punishment for the after game celebrations. In any case, there were several other people on the pitch that had not played as well as Fabregas.

YAY to the young Gunners innocence!!!!

Coopsie, where do you get your information from? I don't think the case about him going on to the pitch is "unproven".

Well slap my wrists for listening to the OFFICIAL STATEMENT that was read out pretty much all day on SkySports News on Friday. That is why I was/am so baffled...

As far as I know, the official report from the FA will not be released until later in the week, after the final games this weekend.

According to "Sporting Life"......A statement from the FA read: "The FA can confirm that, at a regulatory commission hearing, two charges of improper conduct against Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas were found not proved. The charges related to Fabregas's conduct following the FA Cup match between Arsenal and Hull at the Emirates Stadium on 17 March. One charge concerned his conduct after coming onto the pitch following the final whistle. The second charge related to an allegation of spitting."

Is this the statement you heard?

If so, you can see it relates to his conduct, rather than his appearance on the pitch. Of course it is PROVEN that he was on the pitch. There is no proof that his conduct was improper.

Of course, we will all have different ideas about what constitutes "improper".

Anyway, leave him alone, he's a nice young lad B)