Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin v Newquay (12am K.O.)

Is it me, or are the Newquay massive very quite on the forum prior to their long awaited re-match against probably the best Pub-Team in Cornwall? :drink:

Where are all the big shots who spouted off prior to the Boxing Day Massacre? :yahoo:

Come on Judge your club needs you, have you all been silenced by Messrs Hodge and Co. or are you still gorging on the enormous amount of humble pie dished out on the 26th. It made interesting reading and helped swell the record crowd, so come on lets have more of the same.

Good luck to both teams! :c:

Hope it is as entertaining as the last encounter. :smiley20:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

"Massive", I'm not sure Ali 'G' is one of ours, sounds like he should be down the road !

Sorry, we've got 2 more games before we start thinking about the G match. Be nice to see the 'G' Army out again though, this will be just their 3rd outing this season, Boxing Day, Cup Semi and Good Friday. Shame the 'ground' dosn't have anywhere to put up some real flags but we will turn out in good numbers as usual.

Dave says 2-0 to the Reds and I have a feeling it will be more like 4-1 but lets get Dobwalls and St Austell out of the way first.

I will agree that Mr Judge is a tad annoying but please please don't tar all Newquay fans with the same brush. There are some really nice, decent people that support the club each week. I was at the Boxing Day match and have taken in a couple of 'G' home games and more than once I found I needed to move to a different part of the ground because of a minority few that were being verbally aggresive and unsocial, but I would never write posts that would suggest that ALL 'G' fans were like this.

So please refrain from using words like 'flags, stick and Newquay faithful' in the same sentence. It really isn't fair.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Quite right Soccerfan, after an incident a few years back, we have been most polite in where we have placed our flags at away grounds. At St Austell, they had already placed flags in the stand, so we put ours behind the goal and at Dobwalls, we asked nicely if we could put a couple up.

Unfortnately, G is not a 'ground' where our flags would be proudly shown (a bit like Vospers) but will still be evident on the day (weather permitting). Oh for the days when we could decorate Blazey, Launceston, Tavi, Holsworthy, Satlash, Torpoint etc... maybe next season ?