Cornwall Football Forum

Todays 5pm Transfer Deadline

Guest local_football_supporter

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/swpforum/viewtopic.php?t=1471

I see from the SWPL forum that young Newquay striker Josh Harris has transferred to local rivals Godolphin.

Unfortunately for 'G', this transfer will not happen. Someone was a little premature in the paperwork and after Newquay spoke with the lad, he is staying put.

Josh saw sense in the end and that is all that matters. The lad has obvious talents or G wouldn't have tried to sign him. The G management no doubt flattered his ego but when Newquay spoke to the lad, he was convinced that staying would be best for him and his future career in local football.

From what I heard tonight, the lad actually signed for G on the day that the 7 day notice was received by Newquay (last Tuesday), which may be considered naughty by some. Matters have since changed and Josh is still a Newquay player.

News to me judge. My understanding is that his transfer went through in good time and having spoken to Josh personally at 6.00pm this evening he told me he is available for our 1st team at Camelford on Saturday.

Only repeating what I was told by several reliable sources within the club, a good signing if you have got Josh but I think that this one may not be totally signed, sealed and delivered just yet.

when i said bad i didnt mean signings i ment bad moves really,just it abit strange why ryan luccasi would leave callington for torpoint at this stage of the season,ryan`s a regular for callington at the moment and scoring alot of goals,just cant see him getting much of a look in with carter and davies already at torpoint,think maybe he should have stayed at cally untill the end of the season then seen happened in the summer

Fair enough, if thats what the SWPL are saying then good luck to Josh except on Good Friday obviously !

Better not say anymore, just in case.

Looks like Mr know it all, doesnt know squat , being kept outta the loop :SM_carton:

:SM_carton:

Like I said, only repeating what I was told from some very reliable sources, people who would definately know who signed what and when. But hey.. what would someone from Parkway know who I spoke with tonight.

So are you trying to hint that mr hiscox is wrong about the transfer?

Saying nothing more as I obviously need my hearing checked.

Guest mario

when i said bad i didnt mean signings i ment bad moves really,just it abit strange why ryan luccasi would leave callington for torpoint at this stage of the season,ryan`s a regular for callington at the moment and scoring alot of goals,just cant see him getting much of a look in with carter and davies already at torpoint,think maybe he should have stayed at cally untill the end of the season then seen happened in the summer

If Ryan Lucasi has joined Torpoint it will be because he was dropped out of the squad by Micky Hunt for last saturdays game!

Ryan was a major character in the changing rooms and dealt with all the fines and was the leader of a lot of the banter, he turned up to training every week and was hard working lad!

From my understanding he is very close friends with 2 or 3 players at the club and they are not happy with the situation! Rumour has it there are some "big time charlies" at the club and there is a lot of unsettled players! This only fuels speculation of mass exodus of players at end of season and possible manager change!

Agree with the comments that Ryan will struggle at this stage to get a starting position but could have a impact player effect coming on as a substitute!

I can confirm, having spoken to Josh Harris personally this morning that he is happy that he is now officialy a Godolphin player and is looking forward to the trip to Camelford on Saturday.

Hopefuly the so called director of football at Newquay, John Hodge, will now stop pestering the youngster, putting pressure on him and respect his decision to move on. Jim Hilton and i have spoken about the situation and as you would expect from Jim he has been fully respectful of Josh's decision.

Saying nothing more as I obviously need my hearing checked.

Judge - thought you would have known that what you're told and what actually happens, is quite often far from being the same! :c:

The people I spoke with are amazed the transfer has been allowed to go ahead, no doubt things will be brushed under the carpet for the sake of being 'neighbourly'.

Guest Sport Lover

How do you mean Judge 'amazed the transfer was allowed to go ahead' what was you going to do force him to play for a team he doesnt want to play for?

Regardless of what someone has posted on this thread about 'bullying', there are things that have happened beind the scenes which are not very 'neighbourly'. I am not going to reveal what, who, why and when etc; as the matter is now closed.

For the record, Josh is still a Newquay Combo player !

i actually dont know why ryan was released by callington either. i didnt go training tuesday but heard that he had been dropped on the thursday and then he was released. shame, cause his dressing room antics and batner was so much fun as well as the away days and im sure he will do well for torpoint. the only reason i could see the managers decision is because we have a squad of over 20 and only 14 are needed and maybe the manager didnt see ryan as better than what we got. no offence to any other player but ryan lucassi and ryan mcclements have made the most appearances this season and for someone to say there is a players exodus could be right as i said there is a squad of 20+ and only 14 can play, but the manager has in place a system where players dont turn up training they dont get selected but ryan turned up at every session. strange!! good luck ryan

Fair enough, if thats what the SWPL are saying then good luck to Josh except on Good Friday obviously !

Looks like Mr know it all, doesnt know squat , being kept outta the loop :SM_carton:

:SM_carton:

Like I said, only repeating what I was told from some very reliable sources, people who would definately know who signed what and when. But hey.. what would someone from Parkway know who I spoke with tonight.

Judge I think your sources at Newquay are winding you up.Who on earth is going to take you in confidence about anything as they must know by now that you cant keep your big gob shut.

Judge I think your sources at Newquay are winding you up.Who on earth is going to take you in confidence about anything as they must know by now that you cant keep your big gob shut.

Guest sonny jim

There is always one person in the club who can be wound up and anything you say to them will be broadcast, looks like you the fog horn of newquay, your like a mushroom- kept in the dark and fed on @@@@,

:SM_carton: :SM_carton: