Cornwall Football Forum

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 31st March

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Ryan Harris, OG) 2-2 PERRANPORTH (Justin Andrew, Ian Gosling)

Att - 70

HOLMAN SC (Tarik Kalkan, Frazer Cadman) 2-1 LUDGVAN (John Matthews)

Att - 35

NEWQUAY RESERVES (Dave Rabone) 1-1 PORTREATH (Adam Nuciforo)

Att - 53

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Stephan Churcher) 1-1 RNAS CULDROSE (John Tonkin)

Att - 35

PERRANWELL (Steve Allen) 1-1 ST DAY (Nathan Taylor)

Att - 48

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES (Danny Williams 2) 2-1 ILLOGAN RBL (Ben Widdershoven)

Att - 60

For those waiting for the Prediction League standings. I'm doing them after tonights results are in.

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth 2 - 2 Perranporth (H/T 2-0)

1-0 - 18m Ryan Harris

2-0 - 37m OG

2-1 - 86m

2-2 - 91m

Referee: Rigas Gatzianidis

Attendance: 70

Holmans 2-1 Ludgvan

Daniel Bell

Frazer Cadman

Attendance 35

The home side managed to get the 3 points from a much improved Ludgvan side in the last 2 minutes when Frazer Cadman pounced on a rebound off a defender in the goal area to blast the ball into the top right hand corner from 6yards out. Much relief from the home side who were not at their best and need to do better when they entertain St Ives on Saturday. Heartbreak for Ludgvan who had played well and were hoping to score their 2nd point of the season

well done cat, at least 5 top draw saves in the last 20 minutes, the one from Mike Brewer's free kick even had me applauding, amazing what a month at slimming world does :yahoo::yahoo:

Kempy says that we were awful but you have to give St Day there credit they ran there socks off and fully deserved there point, and with Stu Reynolds up front they are always going to look dangerous on the break. As for the offside goal to his credit the linesman said his flag went up before Stu got anywhere near the ball.

We did look tired but in the final 20 minutes if we have had better luck and the cat handn't of play so well we would have ceasily got the points.

there's still alot more twists and turns in the title race to come.

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

SLIGHTLY FRUSTRATED AS I WAS LOOKING ACROSS THE LINE WHEN THE CROSS WENT IN AND STU REYNOLDS WAS A CLEAR 2 YARDS ONSIDE BUT FISHER WAS BEHIND PLAY AND FLAGGED FOR OFFSIDE. WE HAD THE CHANCES TO WIN ASWEL SO A POINT TO THE SAINTS WASNT A POINT GAINED BUT 2 POINTS LOST.

Guest holmans10

correction to the holmans goalscorers: goalscorers were Tarik Kalkan and frazer cadman.

Ludgvan goalscorer sorry dont know his name but it was the old guy at the back with silver hair :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ;)

correction to the holmans goalscorers: goalscorers were Tarik Kalkan and frazer cadman.

Ludgvan goalscorer sorry dont know his name but it was the old guy at the back with silver hair :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

oops sorry Scott thought someone told me it was Danny Bell not our turkish legend!!! apologies CTB for the duff info :drink:

well done cat, at least 5 top draw saves in the last 20 minutes, the one from Mike Brewer's free kick even had me applauding, amazing what a month at slimming world does :yahoo::yahoo:

Kempy says that we were awful but you have to give St Day there credit they ran there socks off and fully deserved there point, and with Stu Reynolds up front they are always going to look dangerous on the break. As for the offside goal to his credit the linesman said his flag went up before Stu got anywhere near the ball.

We did look tired but in the final 20 minutes if we have had better luck and the cat handn't of play so well we would have ceasily got the points.

there's still alot more twists and turns in the title race to come.

Thanks mitchy for giving us some well earned praise, there was a couple of good saves you made in the first half that kept you in it, we did cause you problems all over the park and you found it hard to break us down. this game was a well deserved draw as perranwell did come into it in the last 20 mins i didn't think you tired as there was wave after wave of attacks in those last 20 mins and for kempy to say it was the worst you have played all season is degrading to st days performance, we didn't let you play and our tactits worked by giving your midfield nowhere to move and no space to work into. Well done to all the st day lads great performance all round and i wish perranwell every success in the cup final and the league title.

Well i have watched all but one game this season and in my opinion it was the worst that we have played ( maybe it was down to St Days tactics?) but i did say in my previous post that St Day battled well! And i am looking forward to the final at St Day as they are a friendly club who i am sure will do justice to the decision that was taken to hold the final :c: And you had a good game Treasure park!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Portreath scorer was the in form Adam Nucifaro.....glancing nearpost header from an Adams Johns corner.

Wont see a better headed goal all season.

Indeed it was a well placed header from the angle of the 6 yard box into the far corner, ball driven in with pace and re-directed by the lad to bring the score back to 1-1. I thought the small lad on the right wing was quality, could easily play Div 1 West standard. Nice to see that the visitors brought some support with them, more than most SWPL sides have done this season.

It was a great header... not quite the best I've seen this season - step forward Jake Harvey for his 50 yard sprint and diving header when Perranwell beat Newquay 5-2 at the ski slope earlier this season, cracking goal.

Justin Andrew also bagged a good one for Perran that was quite similar to Adam's - and Rafa even got a good one against Mullion a few weeks ago... the first headed goal we have scored in a long time. All very decent finishes, we don't see enough headed goals in the Combo (I sound like Andy Gray, although he doesn't talk about the Combo very often!)

Guest Sam Boston

would of expected perran to beat falmouth, have they got injurys or were there first team players involved for falmouth?

Bit of both champ man. This is what happens when Bryn turns his hands to pitchside first aid....

SDC10180.jpg

Portreath scorer was the in form Adam Nucifaro.....glancing nearpost header from an Adams Johns corner.

Indeed it was a well placed header from the angle of the 6 yard box into the far corner, ball driven in with pace and re-directed by the lad to bring the score back to 1-1. I thought the small lad on the right wing was quality, could easily play Div 1 West standard. Nice to see that the visitors brought some support with them, more than most SWPL sides have done this season.

That'll be Dangerous Dave who was bought to the club by our second team manager bundi, I think, but he does work very hard & deserves his place in the starting line up....l...........can't understand why he's always got belly ache though??? lay off the pop Dave. :thumbsup:

That'll be Dangerous Dave who was bought to the club by our second team manager bundi, I think, but he does work very hard & deserves his place in the starting line up....l...........can't understand why he's always got belly ache though??? lay off the pop Dave. :thumbsup:

The Judge, If that was a serious comment, then thank you. I didnt feel I had a great game so I'll take any compliments I get!

As for the stomach ache, I blame my diet! When I don't eat during the day and play in a match, I get really bad, almost unbearable stomach pains! Just seems that I have nothing to burn so I'm burning all my reserve energy :/ been in touch with a PTI about what to eat during the day etc before footy! So hopefully that'll be the end of the really bad stomach aches.

Good game up Newquay tho, Fully enjoyed it :)

Good luck to the guys for the rest of the season

Guest bunditheboss

yes i have to take responsibilty for bringing dangerous dave to the club along with matt sara who also features for you guys, its great for me being able to attract these players for our mining side but even better now both these players are starting for our first team, shows we have a good set up here and that myself and roger have the club going in the right direction, as i have been a member of this club for ten years its great to see us improving every year, well done to such a great club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!