Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

i think your right 0ffside 2 draws and 1 defeat,only time will tell if the appoinment of Darell Potter was the right one,personlly i think they should have waited till the end of the season to see witch experienced swl managers became availlable..

So who on earth would have picked the team for the rest of this season?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Fair comment, but I'm sure PW and his committee would have spoken with Gary and others before making their decision. Knowing Torpoint Imp (Paul) as I do, I know that he would not do anything to harm the club, perhaps it is just unfortunate that this run of games has coincided with the change of management.

All at The Mill should be proud of what everybody has achieved at the club in the last few years, my best wishes as always to the good folk of Torpoint.

Let us not get carried away. Torpoint announced the resgnation of Ian Stephens on 13th March and that Gary Tiffany would manage the team. Torpoint then lost 3-0 at Ivybridge and drew 1-1 at Holsworthy.

Potters first game in charge or joint was the 1-0 midweek defeat at Liskeard. His next match Torpoint drew with Tavistock 1-1. So what is the problem.

This was posted on Cornish Soccer on 20th March

'On behalf of the Committee of Torpoint Athletic Football Club I am pleased to announce that tonight I appointed Darren Potter and Gary Tiffany as joint managers of the South West Peninsula side with immediate effect. They will take charge of the team for the first time at Liskeard next Tuesday and for the 2009/10 season'.