Cornwall Football Forum

Dartmouth 1 - 0 Falmouth Town

The report in the Independant described Dartmouth as dominating this game, however having spoke with a couple of the Falmouth lads it seems Falmouth should of wrapped up the game by half time, Matt Drummond starting his first game hit the post and had a few more chances, was Gibbo's challenge that bad, didn't see the game so will look forward to hearing some comments ..

Guest Postie Pidge

I heard the game hinged on a controversial decision from a weak referee. I wasn't at the game but having spoken to a few people, the sending off was harsh and the Dartmouth player admitted there was little contact. After the challenge a melee erupted around the referee and "the baffled official who didn't seem to know what he was doing, showed Ollie the red card".

The goal coming in stoppage time is another cruel twist but that's football.

Huge six-pointer at Upcott Field on Saturday!!

I suppose it depends which team you support,but Dartmouth certainly didn't dominate in my view,a draw would have been a fair result.

Chappers made 3 superb saves in the first half,pushing one onto the bar,and Nathan Murphy was busier in the second half,one save from point blank range.

Falmouth's final ball let them down,but Dartmouth had a lot of possession after Ollie was sent off,i didn't see the tackle,it happened very quickly after a Dart clearance,but think the ref was influenced by Dartmouth players and staff,who applauded it!Ollie had lumps kicked out of him all first half,the only way they could stop him,and not a single caution was given.

I was told by a spectator from that game that it all happened quick and he didnt get the best view but he said it looked two footed and off the floor. Sounds like a hideous tackle to me! Known ollie for a while, not normally that type of player but he must have just had a rush or blood to the head!

The Dartmouth player admitted there was little contact.

I was told by a spectator from that game that it all happened quick and he didnt get the best view but he said it looked two footed and off the floor. Sounds like a hideous tackle to me!

I cant see how you can comment on anything about the tackle.............. The Dartmouth player said "there was little contact".......... and the person you spoke to said he "didnt have the best view!!!!" but it LOOKED like ....... so where does the qoute sounds like a hideous tackle come from?

Two feet and off the ground..... No your right that does sound like a decent challenge!

Minimual contact or not, if it was two feet and off the ground (not saying it definately was, as like i said "it LOOKED") doesnt sound like a magnificant challenge to me.