Cornwall Football Forum

DO THE CCFA/MINING LEAGUE EVER THINK?

I'm afraid you're about to get yet ANOTHER rant from the permanently moaning Coopsie..

I found out yesterday that the Jollys Shield semi final that we are to appear in will be going ahead on Tuesday 7th April at 6.15pm.. WHY :angry2: ..

The Jollys Shield is the ONLY cup competition that we are allowed to enter into each season, we have played EVERY game of the competition so far on a saturday, then we come to the biggest game of our season so far, playing against a team with a superior league position who battered us earlier in the season and the CCFA (I guess that's who's responsible?) go and make the semi take place in the middle of the week :wacko:

Tell me exactly why this game could not be played on Saturday, why must we be forced to play the most important game of a competition that provided us with the ONLY chance of winning a cup on a night where some bloody important players are not going to be able to take part because of work commitments. I already stated that we were battered by our opponents in this semi earlier in the season, well that was with a full team on the pitch, what chance is there of a FAIR contest on the pitch if we have key members of our team missing?

This is a competition that is ONLY open to Mining 3 teams, so calling in a few subs from the 1st team is not an option and our manager will just have to hope that he has enough players available to him on the night??.

He'll be playing without atleast one influential midfielder, who is also his skipper. He'll be without atleast one striker/utility player and will simply be keeping his fingers crossed that nobody else gets kept at work or is too damn tired after a days graft etc etc.

This situation is absolutely avoidable and in my opinion, to have a game as big as a cup semi final played on the evening after a days work is absolutely stupid. How can any player play at an absolute 100% in a vital game after starting his day at 6, 7, 8am etc etc..

This is a cup that we won 2 seasons ago, made the semi final of last season and in which we wanted to do as well as we could do this season. I now personally feel that our chance of a FAIR shot at it has been taken away by silly fixture scheduling. We (Gulval) only have THREE league games left this season and as far s I'm aware, there are SEVERAL Saturday's between now and the end of the season, so why couldn't the game be played on one of those?.

We may well have very little, or no chance against a VERY GOOD West Cornwall team, but to be able to select from our best players would certainly have given us more of a chance than we are left with.

Thanks to whoever decided the dates of these unimportant Mining Three fixtures for effectively ruining my season.

Still, I got to watch that lovely senior football semi final at Hayle between Penzance and Perranwell on a lovely, sunny SUNDAY afternoon, so that didn't rub salt into the wounds or anything.... :angry2:

Coopsie, Unfortunately Mining League and Fal/Hels League finals have been staged midweek for as long as i can remember (and i've been to quite a few!). These dates are choosen by the Mining League and have nothing to do with the CCFA. Finals over the last 10 years or so have been held on a Sunday, which is also not without a few moans.

I know it may be a pain in the arse for you, but in my opinion i prefer it this way.

There will probably be more people able to come along and watch an evening game than would be there on a sat. Look at Truro City last week 1,200 midweek compared to about 450 on average. I know thats of no use to you if you can't put out a full side, but hopefully you can scrounge a few hours off work to make the game. GOOD LUCK :c:

Coopsie, Unfortunately Mining League and Fal/Hels League finals have been staged midweek for as long as i can remember (and i've been to quite a few!). These dates are choosen by the Mining League and have nothing to do with the CCFA. Finals over the last 10 years or so have been held on a Sunday, which is also not without a few moans.

I know it may be a pain in the arse for you, but in my opinion i prefer it this way.

There will probably be more people able to come along and watch an evening game than would be there on a sat. Look at Truro City last week 1,200 midweek compared to about 450 on average. I know thats of no use to you if you can't put out a full side, but hopefully you can scrounge a few hours off work to make the game. GOOD LUCK :c:

VERY hard to scrounge a few hours off work when I'll be up in London, Middlesborough, Norkolk and god knows where else. Teams should NOT have to make do with what players are left available to them in any competition or walk of life, nor should a team have to play after a full day's work without getting the chance to eat or hydrate properly after that day's work.

Why would more people be likely to turn up and spectate on an evening after a day's work, instead of a Saturday afternoon?. When I've finished my work, I like to go home and enjoy a bit of quality relaxation time with my family, then on a WEEKEND I like to enjoy my football. There is no rush whatsoever for this game to take place and no reason why it couldn't be played over a weekend or on a date mutually agreed between the league and any teams involved. Common sense is just too much to ask for these days.

"Why would more people be likely to turn up and spectate on an evening after a day's work, instead of a Saturday afternoon?"

More people from other clubs, who would be playing or be involved with their own games on a sat.

So you do what the Combo League had the sense to do yesterday and get the Semi played on a Sunday. Wasn't a bad turn out over at Hayle, even though the Combo have done their best to ruin such an event for spectators by not allowing any alcoholic drink to be consumed outside of the clubhouse, not even in plastic glasses. Needless to say that a fair few people missed most of the game because they had to stay in the bar or go outside and perish with thirst.

Guest bunditheboss

another thing is ref alloction, obviously everyone wants ref but last week against illogan, we had larry marsh from st.austell, £35 later where as this week we had a local guy and he charged us £16 so please tell me how clubs can survive when they CCFA decided to make these refs travel so far and then expect us to have to pay there mileage???

another thing is ref alloction, obviously everyone wants ref but last week against illogan, we had larry marsh from st.austell, £35 later where as this week we had a local guy and he charged us £16 so please tell me how clubs can survive when they CCFA decided to make these refs travel so far and then expect us to have to pay there mileage???

It's not THEIR problem mate. Why would they worry about such things?. Do you really think they care what you have to pay out?.

I remember after my last game for Gulval Reserves, Mike Stevens handed over all the subs etc to our secretary, the amount he had given is £1.. This was because their referee had to come down from god knows where and his fee represented that. Although I'm assured by The General and Jowan May that the ref in question was worth every penny.

VERY hard to scrounge a few hours off work when I'll be up in London, Middlesborough, Norkolk and god knows where else. Teams should NOT have to make do with what players are left available to them in any competition or walk of life, nor should a team have to play after a full day's work without getting the chance to eat or hydrate properly after that day's work.

Why would more people be likely to turn up and spectate on an evening after a day's work, instead of a Saturday afternoon?. When I've finished my work, I like to go home and enjoy a bit of quality relaxation time with my family, then on a WEEKEND I like to enjoy my football. There is no rush whatsoever for this game to take place and no reason why it couldn't be played over a weekend or on a date mutually agreed between the league and any teams involved. Common sense is just too much to ask for these days.

have to agree with you coopsie. we ( st.ives mariners) will be in the same position as you, missing some key players through work commitments. can see no reason why it can't be played on a saturday afternoon.

i get in from work about 5pm, leaves me with about half an hour to wind down and have a quick snack before i make my way down for our game.

Things wouldn't need to be suggested at A.G.M meetings if the league showed a little forethought and common sense. I found out on SUNDAY that our semi final is only a week away on a tuesday night. What sort of notice is that??. Perhaps if the draw and dates were predetermined, players would be able to ensure that they can get the day off work or finish early.

Situations such as this one are 100% avoidable :angry: .. Now it occurs that our top scorer is possibly tied down to work commitments aswell, which is fantastic news I must say. Just between him and me, there have been over 30 goals scored this season, let alone countless assists. How is any team not going to miss that?.

I've talked to a few officials in preperation for the proposed merger in possibility of modernising the administartion system for the league, again it will only be a propsoal but the league systems I have experienced in London are superior and keeps everyone informed. Hopefully, they will see my point of view.

I'm in the process of talking to officials in preperation for the proposed merger in overhalling the administartion system for the league, again it will only be a propsoal but the league systems I have experienced in London are superior and keeps everyone informed. Hopefully, they will see my point of view.

I also hope the same thing Rich. Do you see my point about how this situation (my moaning) is absolutely 100% avoidable?. Why could there not be a provisional date in place for all cup competitions?. This would atleast give players the chance to say to their employers "look I've got a big cup game on such a date and I'd like to provisionally book it off"..

Obviously there are factors such as the weather to take into account because we have many games rescheduled every season BUT atleast players would have a rough idea of when to be available from work, rather finding out just a week before, which I still think is an absolute joke and I'm using every last bit of restraint to stop myself phoning the league and fixture secretaries. Not that it would make a blind bit of difference anyway. :angry2:

1 WEEK NOTICE :wacko::( :angry2:

So, missing top scorer and Coopsie (BTW, when did you get your second goal Coopsie?), I think Rhondda reads this site, well here I am, striker in the waiting mate. I think I once scored a goal in the early fifties, maybe late forties, but what the heck, I know where the net is (it's that thing that Rob stands in front of isn't it - but at the other end). I can't wait, I'll be there 5 minutes early to make sure I get the No. 9 shirt.

ooooooooooooooo I can't wait........................

Juan pablo mangle!!!!! pmsl!!!! That goal up wendron, and one other swinger are the only goals i've ever seen you score!!! You get a nose bleed as soon as you pass the half way line! But seriously, it is a problem, our boys have worked hard to get to a semi final, and are now losing several very influential players due to midweek commitments, and its not as if we could use some of the first team as they are cup tied, plus i dont think the opposition would be too happy either seeing the likes of jowan, danny micheals and myself lining up against them!!! In fact missing 3 that i know of, it'll be a hard job for rhondda to raise a full side. All the best boys, and you know there'll be several of the 1st team there to try and make the extra man for you.

So, missing top scorer and Coopsie (BTW, when did you get your second goal Coopsie?),

Huh, what do you mean mate "when did you get your second goal Coopsie"?? :unsure:

Juan pablo mangle!!!!! pmsl!!!! That goal up wendron, and one other swinger are the only goals i've ever seen you score!!! You get a nose bleed as soon as you pass the half way line! But seriously, it is a problem, our boys have worked hard to get to a semi final, and are now losing several very influential players due to midweek commitments, and its not as if we could use some of the first team as they are cup tied, plus i dont think the opposition would be too happy either seeing the likes of jowan, danny micheals and myself lining up against them!!! In fact missing 3 that i know of, it'll be a hard job for rhondda to raise a full side. All the best boys, and you know there'll be several of the 1st team there to try and make the extra man for you.

Thanks bud. the situation does indeed "SUCK".. good that you and the first team are right there behind us mate. I'm sure Rhondda has been busy thinking about who he has available etc and I'm also sure he would have preferred more that 1WEEK to be able to prepare. He also only found out he's be without me on Sunday and he only found out he could be without our top scorer yesterday..

This really is a joke..

Coopsie.? Where was the post for last years semi.? or the year we won the cup.?? It just so happens you have to work this time, so you moan.Does this mean that you are not available for any evening games.?

Semi finals have always been held midweek, same problems for both side with work, unavailable players and the such.

And after the game on Saturday against Mariners, I'll think about the semi final.Pick a team from what's available, & we will give it our best shot, same as the opposition.

You are entitled to your oppinion but I as manager of the reserves & club secretary am more than happy to be playing midweek.

So, missing top scorer and Coopsie (BTW, when did you get your second goal Coopsie?),

Huh, what do you mean mate "when did you get your second goal Coopsie"?? :unsure:

You mentioned that between you, you had shared 30 goals with our top scorer, so I wondered when your second went in???? :rolleyes:

Coopsie.? Where was the post for last years semi.? or the year we won the cup.?? It just so happens you have to work this time, so you moan.Does this mean that you are not available for any evening games.?

Semi finals have always been held midweek, same problems for both side with work, unavailable players and the such.

And after the game on Saturday against Mariners, I'll think about the semi final.Pick a team from what's available, & we will give it our best shot, same as the opposition.

You are entitled to your oppinion but I as manager of the reserves & club secretary am more than happy to be playing midweek.

Yeah....Rhondda........blah blah blah........but you didn't mention my striker role.........

Bloody hell coopsie you moan more then a woman (and i can moan :D ). Think we need to get you your own sub-forum AKA coopsies moan page, where you can moan til your hearts content :P:smiley20:

oh and well done on your two goals :clapper::lol:

Sweetheart, I've not once moaned. Sometimes I wish people could differentiate between venting frustration and moaning. I'll forever live in hope. AND, if I'd only scored 2 goals in any season, I'd kick my own ass.

I DONT THINK THIS IS AS BAD AS THE YEAR YOU WON THE CUP [bEATING US]. IF I REMEMBER RIGHTLY THE GAME WAS PUT BACK ABOUT A MONTH SO IT DIDNT CLASH WITH TRURO AT WEMBLEY.

WE HAD TO ORGANISE FREINDLYS BECAUSE SEASON HAD ENDED, AND THEN IT WAS PLAYED IN WEATHER

THE WORST IVE EVER SEEN FOOTBALL PLAYED IN.

I DONT THINK THIS IS AS BAD AS THE YEAR YOU WON THE CUP [bEATING US]. IF I REMEMBER RIGHTLY THE GAME WAS PUT BACK ABOUT A MONTH SO IT DIDNT CLASH WITH TRURO AT WEMBLEY.

WE HAD TO ORGANISE FREINDLYS BECAUSE SEASON HAD ENDED, AND THEN IT WAS PLAYED IN WEATHER

THE WORST IVE EVER SEEN FOOTBALL PLAYED IN.

Thats just what I mean mate, the whole of Cornish football was shunted around because of one of the "big boys". Us "little clubs" just don't matter..

I understand the fact that semi finals in junior football have been played on a tuesday or wednesday for years BUT in all those years, I do not remember only having a weeks notice.

"I understand the fact that semi finals in junior football have been played on a tuesday or wednesday for years BUT in all those years, I do not remember only having a weeks notice".

I Agree with you there Coopsie, 1 weeks notice is pretty poor. I won't be able to make it either as Tms reserves have local derby v Chacewater reserves- mining 2- the same evening, otherwise i would of been down to watch. But Good Luck to Rhondda and the rest of the Gulval boys anyway. :c:

I Agree with you there Coopsie, 1 weeks notice is pretty poor. I won't be able to make it either as Tms reserves have local derby v Chacewater reserves- mining 2- the same evening, otherwise i would of been down to watch. But Good Luck to Rhondda and the rest of the Gulval boys anyway. :c:

That's really nice of you bud, THANKYOU :c: