Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 28/03/2009

mawnan beat chacewater 3-2! quote of the day"siiiiixxxxx seconds ref" if i heard it once i heard it a thousand times. now on with the report, as an official armchair supporter i will be able to give a totally unbiased report like spennys last week. mawnan took the lead after about ten minutes through a corner that the keeper decided to punch into his own net although whirlwind is claiming that he got a shoulder to it, a few late tackles here, a few late tackles there and its half time. about three minutes into the second half mawnan score a second after a flowing move involving pissy pellow and slippers renfree with the latter sliding the ball wide to paul smith who drew the keeper and slid the ball into the far corner 2-0 mawnan i was surprised he could still run after the late challenge he recieved two minutes earlier from one of the regular chacewater players john "im a ringer" rowe. two minutes later chacewater pulled one back from luke kelland with a great lob from 20 yards mawnan then regained there two goal advantage after a chacewater defender sliced the ball into his own net. then came the chacewater penalty i didnt see the incident but spenny assures me it was a stonewall penalty. full time

well done mikey with the win we had tough game against porthleven but conceded a late ish equaliser but should have wrapped it up with minute to go we had sitter hit against the crossbar. So we look onto the lanner game looking to put pressure back onto the clubs below.

Your having cracking season in front of goal, hope your all done by the time we meet lol.

Guest mikey catterall

well done mikey with the win we had tough game against porthleven but conceded a late ish equaliser but should have wrapped it up with minute to go we had sitter hit against the crossbar. So we look onto the lanner game looking to put pressure back onto the clubs below.

Your having cracking season in front of goal, hope your all done by the time we meet lol.

cheers stu but i got court tuesday and im currently on tag so i cant play evening games at the moment scott smeeth scored a 91st minute winner for us a 35yard cross that flew in the top corner i would describe my fine solo goal but i always get mouthy replys unlucky with ur result i was hopeing u got 3points keep up the goodwork mate :thumbsup:

Guest some call him David Bentley

fhfl 3

mullion 10-0 hayle

scorers: lee cattran 3

sean h-m 2

wayne briggs 2

daniel reed 1

nathan davidson 1

pete ? 1

great game , reall good for the mullion boys finally getting some goal diference behind them !

keep it up lads :thumbsup:

ANYONE KNOW THE TRISPEN V RUAN MINOR RESULT ??

RUAN MINOR 0-2 TRISPEN (Rapsey 22,68)

5 players out,but ruan had a couple missing as well apparantly.good old physical game,ruined by the wind unfortunately.manager mike counter even had to get his boots on,and did a great job for 65 minutes up front.we scored a goal in each half and also hit the post and had 2 off the line but it would have been rough on ruan if we won by that as they fought hard and competed well all afternoon.good set of lads! especially mark at the back.my knee is still caning!!! re match next week in the cup! be another close one no doubt.Really hard game v Penryn on tuesday first though!!!! bushy,dont put too many ringers in!!! not that you need them with your youngsters mate!!! 90 mile round trip from st.austell!!!! gutted gotta go back next week!!!!! :o well done to mullion,we,re still clinging to your coat tails though!!! :D

Guest mauricio

fhfl 3

mullion 10-0 hayle

scorers: lee cattran 3

sean h-m 2

wayne briggs 2

daniel reed 1

nathan davidson 1

pete ? 1

great game , reall good for the mullion boys finally getting some goal diference behind them !

keep it up lads :thumbsup:

ANYONE KNOW THE TRISPEN V RUAN MINOR RESULT ??

Sam i told u I'm not the one who writes reports here all the time ;)

Well done Mullion! If we carry on playing like we did today no one gonna stop us.

:smiley20:

shifty will tell us?

FHFL 1 LEAGUE TABLE 28/3/09 waiting on PENDEEN V PERRANWELL.

OK, what you've all been waiting for:

Mawnan need 4 points to be guaranteed champs unless Athletic beat Chace in midweek when 3 will be enough If its a draw 2 points enough for MAwnan will do it.

Very tight at the bottom especially after St Days win over Truro today.

Big game on Monday night with St Day v Albion.

Would be great if everyone keps me informed of midweek fixtures and result so can keep the table up to date.

shifty will tell us?

FHFL 1 LEAGUE TABLE 28/3/09 waiting on PENDEEN V PERRANWELL.

OK, what you've all been waiting for:

Mawnan need 4 points to be guaranteed champs unless Athletic beat Chace in midweek when 3 will be enough If its a draw 2 points enough for MAwnan will do it.

Very tight at the bottom especially after St Days win over Truro today.

Big game on Monday night with St Day v Albion.

Would be great if everyone keps me informed of midweek fixtures and result so can keep the table up to date.

Pendeen 3 Perranwell reserves 0

28/03/2009

FHFL 3

Stithians Res 1 Carharrack Res 3 (Stu Lugg 3)

Carharrack Res put in a proud away performance to overcome Stithians Res in FHFL 3. The first half saw both sides battle against the wind and it was Carharrack striker Stuart Lugg that took the lead by lobbying the home keeper just before the interval. After the break, Carharrack could have increased their lead after a penalty was awarded for a miss timed tackle but this was not converted by Lugg who misplaced his shot. This rejuvenated Stithians who went forward and scored after confusion in the visitors defence when the referee appeared to halt play but allowed the goal to stand following a free kick. Carharrack didn't surrender and themselves went on the counter attack again taking the lead after Lugg placed the ball in the net from inside the box. It was not all one way, Stithains were unlucky after hitting the post and seeing the ball run across the line but not over it, Carharrack's young centre back Alex Matthews was solid clearing the ball before the home strike force could get to it. In the final piece of action Lugg rounded off his hat-trick by heading in the ball from short range when the ball came in from a corner kick.

pellow,

Im sitting here with 3 other people that watched your game and if you are claiming that 3rd goal then im claiming the first and i wasnt even on the pitch. no way was that a shot, maybe if you had hit it first time instead of crossing it to greg/chase defender you might be able to claim it but for the record the chasewater defender blatenly sliced it and the wind carried it over the goalkeepers head.

im sure patch and whirlwind will back me up on that one pissy!!!

enjoy predders!!! ill say hello to the old crew for you!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest whirlwind

Think im going to have to agree with you Woody. Pissy Pellow i cant believe you are trying to claim the third goal. even if your claiming it was a shot, it was still miles off target and prob going out for a throw in !! Just for the record, i did score the first goal, just got a vital shoulder to it which confused the keeper into punching it off the line but unfortunately into his own net !!

Guest pete norfolk

FHFL 2

Camborne Park 2 Porthleven Rangers 2 HT 1-1

A game that saw two of the top 5 meet at a windy park road on saturday afternoon.

The game started brightly with Porthleven starting brighter, then Park getting good spells later on.

However, it was Porthleven who scored first when the two strikers comibned for the striker to tap into an empty net.

Camborne Park weren't to be downed by this and got an equaliser when Ashley Mugford found Peter Norfolk, who in turn put the ball into the path of Stu Hull who tucked it past the keeper.

The second half saw Camborne Park start brightly and took the lead when a through ball by Stu Hull found Peter Norfolk, who scored past the advancing keeper form 25 yards out.

This saw Porthleven wake up and having chances but nothing testing the keeper and some excellent blocks, especially one by Luke Williams who stopped the striker who was certain to score.

Porthleven then equalised when there player curled an excellent shot past Tom Collett for 2 all.

Both sides then had chance to win the game, with the best falling to Kier Woodhead who hit the bar when it was easier to score.

Draw in the end was a fair result and i would like to wish Porthleven the best for the rest of the season.

fair comments patch and woodie, but im still claiming it as my goal, it was def a shot which the defender couldnt deal with cause it was hit with so much pace and accuracy :P as for u dj, at least i actually touched the ball and claiming it, pushing the goalie into the ball is in no way a valid claim for a goal

Just wanted to "big up" the ref from Saturdays game! One of the best Ive ever been on a field with. So refreshing to ask a question and not be told to shut up, just explained his descision and on we went. Not sure about how much advantage he gave though. foul, ball breaks loose, striker shoots, misses ref pulls it back for a pen. Apart from that he was superb!