Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 28/03/2009

Mining League Div. 3

Redruth Utd. Res. 1 .v. Trevenson Utd. Res. 1

A fair result in the end after sustained second half pressure from the home side. A bit of a kick in the guts for us, as the equaliser came in the last couple of minutes from our own mistake of not picking up a man on the far post who then had time to lob the ball back into the 6 yd box and it actually lofted into the goal. We ( Trevenson ) went in 1 up at the break after a superb headed goal from Stu Rule after good work from Luke Abbot - Smith and a quality cross from Shaun Wilkins. The first half was very much an even contest with chances for both sides. We had 2 fantastic chances from corner balls ( 1 from me! ) that unfortunately were both cleared off the line. Redruth suffered from poor finishing and possibly from trying to work the ball a bit too much but never really created any clear cut chances. That all changed second half as we struggled to cope with the wind and pretty much relentless balls through and over the top and throw ins from Delap-esque Darin Thomas. It was very much a case of backs to the wall with a fair few last ditch challenges and blocked shots. Kevin Endean missed an open goal and Redruth had a goal disallowed for a tight off-side. The chances we did create second half never even hit the target. Well played Redruth, the game was played in great spirit for what is really a bit of local derby. All the best for rest of the season.

Guest Mouth

Madron 4 - 3 Newlyn

In horrible conditions, Madron took all 3 points from this local derby. The game lacked the feistiness of previous matches, and a depleted Newlyn side played the worst opening 30 minutes they have played all season.

With the ridiculous wind, Madron were always going to be dangerous, and took the lead early on after a free-kick was parried and their player tapped in from 5 yards. Within minutes it was 2-0, a mix up in defence and another parried shot for the home side to tuck away the rebound. Almost instantly they grabbed a third. Once again, the Crabs were sleepy, but a well worked move between the home side's front two left our goalie with no chance. Twenty gone, 3-0 down.

Finally Newlyn began to get a foot on the ball, and at least try to play a little football. We pulled one back when Luke Frost headed in from a John Kerrison free-kick. We began to take the game to the home team more, when just before half time, a long ball found their forward who turned inside and struck a fantastic finish. Half-time. 4-1.

After a rollicking team-talk, we came out for the second half and resorted to just hoofing the ball around for 10 minutes or so, playing into their hands. A Tim Neaum corner was then headed in by Louis Vanhinsbergh and was at least a yeard over the line before it was cleared. Their linesman swore on his life that it didn't cross the line, which was utter sh**, as even their manager agreed it had. It was a killer blow for the Crabs, as at 4-2 with 35 minutes to go, we would have been in with a real shout. We finally got our second with about 15 left on the clock when Adam Strowger struck a great curler into the top corner. Still, we couldn't quite click and when we did, we were prevented by some excellent saves from the Madron keeper.

Will Wiltshire grabbed a third in stoppage time with a well taken header but it was too little, too late.

I think Newlyn can still be proud of getting back into the game after such a poor opening 20 minutes, and showed great character...particularly with such a depleted side. I realise that it will probably sound like sour grapes to complain about the blatant goal that wasn't given, but when you're competing for a title, these things matter. Their linesman was not at all interested in playing the game fairly, but kept giving ridiculous decisions all match. He obviously lives a very fulfilled life.

That said, Newlyn weren't good enough for the majority, but hopefully the return of a few key players next week will help us get back on track. We have lost our advantage over Chace, but will endeavour to put things right between now and the end of the season.

Madron 4-3 Newlyn NA

A great team performance from Madron gave them a much deserved 3 points.

This was a game of two halfs, going with the wind first half Madron started the game really well taking the game to Newlyn, this really shocked Newlyn, and at times Madron played some good stuff, the first goal coming from a free kick, which the keeper fumbled and was followed up by Paul Smithram for an easy tap in.

The second came from a long throw in, which was headed out only to Dan Mitchell to finish from 15 yards 2-0. Madron kept the pressure on hitting the bar, and missing a few half chances, but soon made it 3 when great link up play allowed Dan Stephens to finish.

To be fair Newlyn came back at us half way through the half, but didnt really create any clear cut chances, they manage to pull a goal back from a header. But shortly after a long ball sent forward was bought down well from Dan Burt, who nutmegged the Newlyn Center half and rifled a shot into the top right hand corner.

Going into the second half we knew the job in hand was to defend as a team, in which we done really well, reducing Newlyn to only a couple of long range efforts.

Ok Newlyn will argue about the goal that never was, the linesman is there to do his best, no match official deserves abuse and if it was that clear cut the referee would have gave it.

Newlyn pulled one back to make it 4-2, but Madron defended brilliantly and only a good header well into stoppage time made it 4-3.

On the day Madron deserved the win and Newlyn got what they deserved NOTHING! Heard some reports that Newlyn are the best team in the league, but over the two games we have played against them we dont agree.

It seems we have opened the league up beating Chacewater 5-1 earlier on in the season, and going close against Sennen and today beating Newlyn.

Timbotastic. Maybe we aren't the best in the league, only the final table will tell but we are there about's in the run in for the title and in the semis of the cup so we must have done something right?? we beat you comprehensively at our ground, and lost today as we were so bad in the first 15 minutes we probably would of conceded less if we sat on the sidelines!

Fair enough though you won because we weren't good enough today, you hit us early and played the conditions well, there were a few interesting decisions, and a few chances off the woodwork for us which on another day would have gone in, but thats football i guess??

On another note, would like to say well done to Titans. We beat them 5-1 at there ground, then 9-0 in the junior cup (i think?), then only just scrapped at 3-2 victory in the last moments of the return league fixture? Since then I believe they haven't lost a game, drew with league leaders Chacewater and today are in the semis of the cup. A great turn around, well done to them - they'll be tough for any team in semis (which could even be us!!)

TFC no 9 - It was a good strike by your player and he put the ball in the only place that the Portreath goalkeeper did not want.I think,more importantly,it was a tremendous boost to your team and enabled you to kick on and get the result that you wanted.Only a goal down at half time and with the strong wind behind them in the second period,i imagine that Portreath would have been quite pleased at the break and confident that they could turn things around but the second goal was a big blow to their hopes.

Enjoyable game to referee and all the best to both teams in their remaining matches.

St Ives Mariners 4 Cornish New Boys 1

A big dent in cornish's promotion push today, beaten by a well drilled Mariners side and an all round nice bunch of guys. Good game of football with the first St Ives Goal coming against the run of play before half time, after Cornish had there chances but could not convert.

After the break we came out and tried to break down a stubborn St Ives defence to no avail asdefending from set pieces let us down again for them to nod home their second of the game. Thenout of nowhere a St Ives player hit a fierce half volly which swerved away from our keeper from about 20 odd yards out 3-1.

We pulled one back when Tony Oliver smashed home from roughly 10 yards, but just as we thought there could have been a late rally more poor defending from another set piece, gifted the home team another goaL AND GAME OVER.

St Ives deserved it on the balance, although the scorline probably flattered them slightly, well done St Ives good luck for the rest of your season, and the way things are going see ya next season :c:

Redruth Utd 1 - 7 Illogan

Arthur Pearce QF

Much better performance from illogan today and played some great football at times. ref had a mare giving redruth a Pen that never was and then levelled it by giving us a pen that never was.

Illogan Scorers, Curly 3, Johny Jones 1, Ryan Treloar 1, Gareth Pitt 1, Arron Carver 1.

Meet Troon in the SF at Storm on the 28th April.

chacewater 3 v 2 illogan AET

Chacewater progressed to the semi finals of the jubilee cup with a solid home performance. chacewater took the lead when mike hitchens drilled a low shot across the goal from a tight angle and chacewater missed a load of chances but could only take a 1 - 0 lead in at the break. illogan started the second the half alot better then the home side and dservedly got there equaliser and the game finished 1 each. As extra time started jenxy tapped the ball forward and chacewater captain gavin bennetts struck the ball first time from the center spot catching the illogan keeper off guard as it flew past him to go in off the crossbar. Illogan then broke down the right hand side and was given a very dubious penalty for hand ball. with ten minutes remaining justin bennetts picked the ball up in the illogan half chipped a through ball over to brendan hitchens who flicked it onto his younger brother craig who cooly took it past the defender and placed it past the illogan goalkeeper sending the chacewater players and fans wild. craig again caused havoc in the illogan defence and won the home side a penalty but he cudnt bury the game as his penalty was well saved. Illogan had no reply as chacewater kept the ball for the last few minutes to book them selves a semi final v titans.

HEAMOOR 1 ST BURYAN 7

BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE!!!!!

Terrible day for heamoor in a season that simply cannot end quick enough for us now,Full credit to Buryan the score was not in any way flattering to them,if anything they should have had more goal's,

Injuries and a lack of team spirit and dicipline is now taking it's toll.

I very much doubt like myself that any of the lads could say it was a good day'

I know it's harsh but the truth usually is :( .

All we can do know is put this one to bed,Go back to the drawing board and concentrate on the Wendron game next week.

Good luck to Buryan for the rest of the season,Good footballing side and good bunch of lad's :clapper:

As for Heamoor onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

KEEP BELEIVING HEAMOOR BLUES :yahoo:

Guest bunditheboss

WELL DONE to the titan boys yesterday, bloody good bunch of guys and dont deserve to be near the bottom of table, we were out played today by one man WAYNE BROWN, he was absolutely outstanding in the middle of the park, good luck in the semi's guys and good luck for your last few league games!!!!!!

Guest bunditheboss

ya i changed the formation on saturday morning after careful thought, i think what cost us the game was not converting chances!!!!!!! but not to worry a hour and half on shooting practice on wednesday night!!!!!!!

Guest harty

Mining league div 3

Wendron v's !0 Madron 0

Was a average windy day at wendron. No shock there!! Wendron totally out played Madron, Most of the play was in the madron half with wendron playing lovely football having shot after shot after shot. It could have been alot more and should have been, Madron did'nt manage to have 1 shot on goal or even 1 corner and because Madrom was ahead of us by 1 point in the league it was a well earned and deserved win. Big respect to Madron though they still managed to keep there heads held high and played the game sportingly best of luck for the rest the season.

All credit to wendron who played very well throughout the match and well deserved the win.

we turned up to play with a pretty cobbled together side but were looking in better shape than for a long time (even had a substitute), expecting a pretty close game.

The balance of play was fairly close for the first 15-20mins despite wendron looking most dangerous and playing better football madron were sticking with them and even managed a couple of corners!

After conceeding two goals in a short space of time madron heads dropped and we conceded another before the break.

After some half time hairdryer treatment we re-started and realised then how well wedron had done in the first half against what was a very strong head on wind. This and some tired legs ment that we struggled to even get the ball out of our half and wendron really steam-rollered us.

All told a woefully abject performance from madron overall and wendron took advantage of our lack of experiance and fight.

dissapionting really, as I really thought we were in for a close game but several of the "wendron players" had admited to some of us that they were in fact stithians and CSM players which explains why all the wendron players that I recognised were on the bench and only appeared in the second half.

At least thats one more game out of the way 8 to go!

Guest harty

All credit to wendron who played very well throughout the match and well deserved the win.

we turned up to play with a pretty cobbled together side but were looking in better shape than for a long time (even had a substitute), expecting a pretty close game.

The balance of play was fairly close for the first 15-20mins despite wendron looking most dangerous and playing better football madron were sticking with them and even managed a couple of corners!

After conceeding two goals in a short space of time madron heads dropped and we conceded another before the break.

After some half time hairdryer treatment we re-started and realised then how well wedron had done in the first half against what was a very strong head on wind. This and some tired legs ment that we struggled to even get the ball out of our half and wendron really steam-rollered us.

All told a woefully abject performance from madron overall and wendron took advantage of our lack of experiance and fight.

dissapionting really, as I really thought we were in for a close game but several of the "wendron players" had admited to some of us that they were in fact stithians and CSM players which explains why all the wendron players that I recognised were on the bench and only appeared in the second half.

Must admit we Wendron did have some 4ths playing for us because they did'nt have a game on saterday but the subs were also the 4ths players which were bein rested because they had a game on monday

ya i changed the formation on saturday morning after careful thought, i think what cost us the game was not converting chances!!!!!!! but not to worry a hour and half on shooting practice on wednesday night!!!!!!!

I wasnt at the same game as you were- 2 chances all afternoon i can recall, 1 went in the other was saved.

Guest Markdavis

Mining 3

West Cornwall 2 - 1 Ludgvan

After a scrappy first 10-15 minutes west cornwall took control of the midfield and controlled the game for the rest of the first half. I can't comment on there goal as I was half way up a tree retreiving one of their match balls. West Cornwall played up the slope but had the advantage of the wind which was suprisingly strong.

1-0 half time

Ludgvan came out much stronger in the second half and managed to hit both posts the cross bar and force a couple of good saves from the keeper. In an effort to get onto level terms we pushed to hard and west cornwall counter attacked well to score there second goal.

Ludgvan grabbed a goal back with 10 minutes to go but then couldn't find an equaliser.

well done to West Cornwall they deserved the win over 90 minutes roll on the rematch at our place!!

Guest Luffy

Any scores from the Division 2 games:

Goonhavern vs Mousehole

TMS vs Holmans

TMS VS Holmans - Holmans could not raise a side. therefore game did not go ahead

Guest Christo07

Result from Mining 2

Goonhavern 3-2 Mousehole

Final home game of the season for us, full credit to Mousehole, they deserved more out of the game, but the game was ruined somewhat by the howling wind across Reen Manor Park. Yet more goals in this clash though, to go with a 4-4 draw earlier in the season in the league and our 6-4 defeat after extra time in the Cup!

There was one player who had recently moved back to the area, one player who used to play for stithians but now plays for wendron, the rest of the team (including subs) were all wendron players. Certainly no stithians or CSM players! 10 goals in the wendron wind, never thought it was possible :yahoo: